FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

look at the effect the rain mode has on the ball. it gets pushed ahead shorter. i also hear it skids on from high /fast passes.

there will be snow aswell
Hopefully they implement it better than PES did - I couldn't stand it in PES!
It just used to annoy the hell out of me and I always played worse with snow.
It also shouldn't snow in South America/Africa/other hot places, that would be stupid.

Rain though is a great addition for me, I always liked it on PES (made the grass look greener, and the lighting just a bit duller/more realistic I think) and with it making a difference to the ball physics on FIFA (and maybe player physics on slide tackles) it should be even better :)).

I really hope that Coventry get a generic English style stadium instead of the Estadio de les Artes which looked nothing like the Ricoh, or any other stadium in the Championship for that matter, yet almost all the teams had it as their ground. That would be a major dent in my enjoyment of Manager Mode if that isn't sorted. I was completely fed up of playing about 40 games a season at the same stadium!

If possible would someone who has the game be able to check which stadium Coventry have been assigned? Cheers :))

Will I live until the Ricoh is implemented in a football video game? Probably not but I hope so :-pp.

Hopefully they implement it better than PES did - I couldn't stand it in PES!
It just used to annoy the hell out of me and I always played worse with snow.
It also shouldn't snow in South America/Africa/other hot places, that would be stupid.

Rain though is a great addition for me, I always liked it on PES (made the grass look greener, and the lighting just a bit duller/more realistic I think) and with it making a difference to the ball physics on FIFA (and maybe player physics on slide tackles) it should be even better :)).

I really hope that Coventry get a generic English style stadium instead of the Estadio de les Artes which looked nothing like the Ricoh, or any other stadium in the Championship for that matter, yet almost all the teams had it as their ground. That would be a major dent in my enjoyment of Manager Mode if that isn't sorted. I was completely fed up of playing about 40 games a season at the same stadium!

If possible would someone who has the game be able to check which stadium Coventry have been assigned? Cheers :))

Will I live until the Ricoh is implemented in a football video game? Probably not but I hope so :-pp.

It does snow in S. America. It's all about elevation. And sometimes not. In fact Patagonia (in Argentine) snows. It's right near the south pole. They have penguins and all. In Chile as well, etc. I agree about Africa though unless they play on Mt. Kilamanjaro :)) All in all, I welcome weather changes wholeheartedly. Adds a new dimension to the game. And at very least looks different.

Oh, I despise Estadio De les Artes. Despise.

id add .5 to the score, as its too realistic for them:LOL:

An 8.9 from IGN (In business with Konami) is a very amazing score. Had it not been for their involvement (ads) in PES, they probably would have given it a 9.2 - 9.5, my guess. What they should have done (besides be unbiased) is given Fifa 2009 an 8. 2 so that they could give PES 2009 an 8.5 or so. Big mistake cause now they are forced to give PES 2009 at the very least a 9.0 ! And even that may be too close to an 8.9 so to be safe maybe theyll give it a 9.4. Problem is it will be too obvious and they will raise yet more consumer eyebrows. They messed up!:r1

Last edited:
Managed to grab a copy yesterday for PS3 thanks to Fernandez.
A proper simulation, quality. I started manager mode with Tottenham Hotspurs. The board expects me to finish in the top 3 and win a domestic cup.
My only problem with the game is when you are fouled and your teammate quickly regains control of the ball and you are on the attack, referee blows his whistle and stops the game for a free kick. This was in the demo as well.
Finally I found that the game looks sharper at 720p(PS3). 1080P looked blurry for some reason.

Guys I'm out for most of the day, its my sons 7th birthday. Any questions about the game I will try and answer later tonight. But I'm sure there are other people on the forum that have the game as well.
One thing I have to say about this game is that it feels satisfying when you put the ball into the net.
Never thought I'd be praising a FIFA game. I didn't like FIFA 08 or EURO 2008 but this is tops.

I've only played a few matches mate, but what was the problem with the through pass anyway, was it a bit slow?

It was a bit slow and I think there is a bug where the receiver also starts to side step sometimes instead of taking the ball. I've seen a lot of people complain about the later in the official forums.

Edit: Also the new videos is CPU vs CPU right? Can't see any markers over the players. Really looks like cpu which is good because I wanted to see how it would look without a bad player ruining the video.

Managed to grab a copy yesterday for PS3 thanks to Fernandez.
A proper simulation, quality. I started manager mode with Tottenham Hotspurs. The board expects me to finish in the top 3 and win a domestic cup.
My only problem with the game is when you are fouled and your teammate quickly regains control of the ball and you are on the attack, referee blows his whistle and stops the game for a free kick. This was in the demo as well.
Finally I found that the game looks sharper at 720p(PS3). 1080P looked blurry for some reason.
what about the game speed? is it like the demo or can ua ctually see a difference when u change the game speed?

Ronaldo is a monster in this game,his free kicks are so realistic as in they can go anywhere.I played Hull v Fulham A johnson is a little bastard. Torres is shit hot,Crouch is just like his real counterpart. Shame the keepers for some games have that shitty red kit.:DD:DD:DD:DD:((

Also some brillant heading animations,you obviously see a bit more when playing longer.I signed up for the addidas Live season,and my stats changed,some players up some down.Manucho and Possebon in the Man utd squad plus the Brazilan twins,can't find Ronaldo's green boots.

Back
Top Bottom