FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

I take it we can't turn the stupid celebration thing off...

My mate and I have been playing on the same team vs the cpu - for some reason, we find the celebration mode hilarious: neither of us have quite made it back to the halfway line, although my mate chased a linesman for 35 yards with his hands over his face whilst I windmilled in circles and eventually tripped over the 'keeper. As sad as it may sound, we must've watched the replay about five times from various viewpoints.

This is just a shame. I think I stuck on FIFA 08 for another year just because the stupid camera :@ Football is about scoring right? So why we can't see the ball hits the back of the net? I just hate the freaking celebration mode!!!!! :@

Is that you saying that or the person you quoted? Cos I don't think I've read anything as pathetic as someone saying they're going to stay with Fifa08 because they don't like how the camera zooms in when they score!

Is that you saying that or the person you quoted? Cos I don't think I've read anything as pathetic as someone saying they're going to stay with Fifa08 because they don't like how the camera zooms in when they score!

What I've said mate. It's a joke obviously, but I must admit this is a major let go for me.

My mate and I have been playing on the same team vs the cpu - for some reason, we find the celebration mode hilarious: neither of us have quite made it back to the halfway line, although my mate chased a linesman for 35 yards with his hands over his face whilst I windmilled in circles and eventually tripped over the 'keeper. As sad as it may sound, we must've watched the replay about five times from various viewpoints.

There's nothing wrong with the mode, but the camera... I had nothing to complain if the camera was like FIFA 08 after scoring + celebration mode.

How do you use celebration mode?

i have not pre ordered this game as of yet or reserved a copy at my local game store. Is it something i should do or will there be plenty of stock to just walk in friday morning and purchase.

In London you should have plenty of options for picking it up and earlier than release day by the sounds of it on PS3, a lot of people pre order and get it either on the day or the day before but there is no guarantee...

@ those who have the game--could you tell what boots are available in edit mode w/ colors? Looking for the white t90 laser 2s...thanks

my little girl goes in hospital for a minor op on thursday so wont have time to hunt for it so will just have to settle for getting it friday. Unless my local blockbuster will break release date late thursday night for me. Anyone know if blockbuster do this?

my little girl goes in hospital for a minor op on thursday so wont have time to hunt for it so will just have to settle for getting it friday. Unless my local blockbuster will break release date late thursday night for me. Anyone know if blockbuster do this?

If you're a known good customer or know someone, I have had a lot of rentals and games early but I know a few of the girls in there... Try your local game shops first rather than High street names, they should have them in by Wed's-Thursday...
Oh and fingers crossed for your daughter mate...

Last edited:

Good luck with your daughter's surgery...

Back
Top Bottom