FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

ruliweb_fifa09_22.jpg

Also I am totally amused by how the generic British arena seems to look like a ruined battlefield from the Second World War!

If feel the rain was comin in the pitch...

Am I the only one to find this funny:

Fifa08 review:

So the graphics are "hardly improved" yet they graciously give 0.5 extra for no reason?

Considering that the player models are noticeably more realistic looking I fail to see where they get the "hardly an improvement" from, at least they do admit that Fifa is better looking than PES........

the lad reviewing has absolutely no clue. he gets found out a few times in that article. especially with player switching (which you can use the right analogue stick or knock down the assistance slider to improve).

tbh, i'm pretty sure we know more about the game than some of these guys reviewing3-4 games at once.

the lad reviewing has absolutely no clue. he gets found out a few times in that article. especially with player switching (which you can use the right analogue stick or knock down the assistance slider to improve).

tbh, i'm pretty sure we know more about the game than some of these guys reviewing3-4 games at once.

i think i can safely say you guys definitely know more about the game than these dudes......at least from my experience on the board the last couple of months...

i personally think that the reviews for Fifa and PES are starting to annoys me.
In the last gen,PES was good because it was the ultimate simulation and it reflects how the sport is in reality. That was why they prefer PES over FIFA.
Now that the opposite is happening, FIFA is deeper and more realistic. They are saying now that they prefer to have the fun of PES.
I wonder what did Konami do to these reviewer to make them so dumb.

I wonder what did Konami do to these reviewer to make them so dumb.
I think it's more "if we're a bit too honest about the game then Konami aren't going to give us anything to put in our magazine"...

Although saying that I'm sure they all genuinely do prefer PES to FIFA, simply because that's what they're used to, and they've played it so often and known it to be the most realistic for so long that they still imagine it to be realistic.

:( Just not fair.

He must be very lucky, there's a shop in my area that sells games as soon as they come in and he's being told he won't be getting them until early next week at the earliest, possibly even Thursday.

Last edited:
:( Just not fair.

He must be very lucky, there's a shop in my area that sells games as soon as they come in and he's being told he won't be getting them until early next week at the earliest, possibly even Thursday.
Only 7 days to go for the rest of us though - just find a few games to eat up that time or do something away from the computer/console, it'll soon pass ;)) It doesn't seem like too long ago that Euro was only just released and that was about 5-6 months ago.

Get Peggle, that will pass some time if you get addicted ;).

According to his post on the EA forums he has a terminally ill wife so perhaps not so lucky :-ll I know where you're coming from of course but felt I should post that to put it into perspective.
I feel so guilty now :(, i'll edit my post, that's a sad thing to hear about anyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just called them. They have got it as when I asked, the guy's response was "are you a regular". When i I said no, he said next week!
ha you see, i know about it mate. i could get this game this weekend if i wanted to. i know people also but im patient and just pre ordered it from shopto. cheaper as the place i can get it from, will charge me £50 for it. sod that no matter how great the game might be.

if you guys dont believe me, well i got gta4 nearly a whole week before it was officialy launched by the same source

So, just read the review from ign.com. Their UK reviewer gave it an 8.9. I thought he/she was gonna give it a 9.3 or so going by what he/she wrote but the final score was an 8.9 which is still really good. An 8.9 from ign = a 9.5 from a respectable site. IGN giving it an 8.9 says alot about the greatness of this game. I predict they'll give PES at least a 9.2

I believe OXM and PSM gave it a 9.0 each as well. Judging by the demo, I would guess 9.0 myself. One thing to bare in mind is that ign is in business with Konami so obviously they cannot give fifa a higher score than PES. I personally feel that ign reviewer wanted to give it a 9.3 or so but felt compelled not to shoot his emplyer in the foot. :NONO:

Last edited:
ha you see, i know about it mate. i could get this game this weekend if i wanted to. i know people also but im patient and just pre ordered it from shopto. cheaper as the place i can get it from, will charge me £50 for it. sod that no matter how great the game might be.

if you guys dont believe me, well i got gta4 nearly a whole week before it was officialy launched by the same source
Your a grass pal>:DD

I wonder about the grapics off the ps3 version. Pleas let it be equal as the Xbox 360.

Anyone has asked him already about it?

i asked. didn't get an answer.

i think PS3 only owners think we're trolling. i'm really not. not even picky normally. it's just so obvious when flipping over the channel (got both demos). it's weird cause my PS3 games normally look better cause i have it hooked up via HDMI.

i don't care as much though now. i just want the game in my hands :PIG:

Back
Top Bottom