FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

After reading that I can safely say there isn't enough depth in FIFA, nowhere near. I won't be playing it this year, I'm sticking with PES.

...Can you seriously imagine someone saying that, without sarcasm, after reading that?

:SHOCK:

Stunning, absolutely stunning. The depth in the engine is just unreal. Definitely the closest thing to real football we've ever seen, I don't understand (whilst not meaning to sound "shitty" for want of a better word) how anyone could argue with that. The amount of calculations and possibilities is just crazy.

I'm going to put the demo on now and try to get used to the low shooting method they describe.

i agree man. the detail is staggering! :SHOCK:

i agree man. the detail is staggering! :SHOCK:

yeh..im with u guys...
ive already knew about the custom tatics and all..but after reading this player guide im very impressed on the level of AI this game has...
its just ridiculous...football heaven for us sim guys...

i love it.

im gonna spend a loooooooot of time testing teams from all over the world just to feel the difernt styles of playing!

for those who aint seen it, the back of the game cover, pretty dull really, saying that what do i want expect from it haha

17184683.jpg

One of my freind work in Games shop he told me that the game will be in his store before the 3rd of Octobar maybe around the 27th or 28th of this mounth and he is Soo sure guys !! HOPE Sooo i told him to book 1 copy for me Yesssssssss

Great stuff. And THIS VIDEO (the third link in your post) proves that weather effects are in. God I hate it when magazines talk shite.

Last edited:
last night i accidentally took someone out off the ball with Ruud Van Nistelrooy. Then after gaining possession and putting a cross in, with a little help from a schalke defender heading it on i smashed the ball in with Ruud Van Nistelrooy. who then was shown a red card for the previous offence.

i know if i was the other team i would be slightly annoyed.

anyone else had this happen?

this can't happen in the released version, red card offences stop play immediately.

i was very impressed by the defensive error that lead to the goal though. the schalke defender stretching to get the ball and not getting enough of a connection to clear the cross. it looked very realistic

Last edited:
last night i accidentally took someone out off the ball with Ruud Van Nistelrooy. Then after gaining possession and putting a cross in, with a little help from a schalke defender heading it on i smashed the ball in with Ruud Van Nistelrooy. who then was shown a red card for the previous offence.

i know if i was the other team i would be slightly annoyed.

anyone else had this happen?

this can't happen in the released version, red card offences stop play immediately.

Yeah that is a bit bobbins, hopefully fixed.

You don't HAVE to stop the game to produce a red card, so if the ref felt the opposition team had a good advantage he should play on and show the red card at the next stoppage in play. Unfortunately it just happened to be a goal scored by the player to be sent off! :LOL:

That depends on some things Tim7. I talked to a professional ref and he said as soon as the player that is going to get the red card touches the ball, the play have to stop and the second yellow or straight red will be shown. If he never touch the ball then the game go on and the result could be a goal and then a red card to the player.

If he touch the ball and gets his red card the ref drops the ball between two players. Don't know what it is called in English.

That depends on some things Tim7. I talked to a professional ref and he said as soon as the player that is going to get the red card touches the ball, the play have to stop and the second yellow or straight red will be shown. If he never touch the ball then the game go on and the result could be a goal and then a red card to the player.

If he touch the ball and gets his red card the ref drops the ball between two players. Don't know what it is called in English.
A drop ball...

Fascinating depth in that players guide, I'll have to hibernate with this for a month or so before I feel comfortable enough to go online, it's great to see such attention to detail.

As NC says, a drop ball, however if it's a match between Spurs' first team and the Spurs reserves, it's regarded as a merciful suicide bomb.

You don't HAVE to stop the game to produce a red card, so if the ref felt the opposition team had a good advantage he should play on and show the red card at the next stoppage in play. Unfortunately it just happened to be a goal scored by the player to be sent off! :LOL:
i did mean immediately after there advantage had been played, sorry for any confusion.

but in real football if there is an off the ball inccident then usually play stops immediately due to the players stopping and the ref getting invovled to resolve the situation

the videos look great cheers..
the runnin animation i guess need some work....mabe a bit more variation or something...who know they may woprk on this in 2010....but overall great looking game so far...
cannot wait for the day it comes out

ARSENAL MANAGER MODE, FIRST BUY YALA BOLASIE....a mate who playes for plymouth agyle...great player with pace...check him out when you get the chance

One of my freind work in Games shop he told me that the game will be in his store before the 3rd of Octobar maybe around the 27th or 28th of this mounth and he is Soo sure guys !! HOPE Sooo i told him to book 1 copy for me Yesssssssss

I am getting the game on Tuesday (cashed in on a favour)...gonna get just the DVD on Tuesday, for the plastic and papers I have to wait until friday :))

hey...do you guys know there i can find the stats of the some of the players in fifa09 plus faces...like the ones that pes2009 has out now

thanks alot if you find them it will be great....i know the game is coming out soon but it will keep me a little busy.

IGN UK Review

8.0 Presentation
Menus are slick, but with so many they're a little cumbersome.

8.5 Graphics
Hardly an improvement, but still a step ahead of the opposition.

9.0 Sound
The commentary and crowd noises conspire together to create an authentic experience.

8.5 Gameplay
So exactingly realistic it can be off-putting and not without a few gripes, it's still the best FIFA yet.

9.0 Lasting Appeal
The Adidas Live Season will keep it fresh for the next 12 months, and the online modes are a triumph throughout.

8.9 Great Overall

http://feeds.ign.com/~r/ignfeeds/xbox360/~3/403686157/913467p1.html

Back
Top Bottom