FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

Hmmm snow in some stadia! we should have rain then and no puddles I forgot about those I'm glad they are gone... It does not say anything about it being in MM though does it?

They occur at random in overcast. Was their 'overcast' in MM in FIFA 08? That will likely answer your question. (doesn't matter whether there was a setting, did you get the clouds)

I think it being in MM but no night games ! i dont know why..

In fifa 08 there is a glitch that let´s you change MM night/day/dusk by selecting them in the friendly set up, hopefully someone at FSB will confirm if it's still in 09.

Any reputable Mag or site reviewed it yet ??????
No mag or site are reputable any more - all of them bullshit or are biased - I wouldn't believe any of them on the quality of games, they are just useful sometimes for information/facts about games.

That guide is brilliant, and highlights why FIFA is so good, the depth in the gameplay is incredible. I don't think shot power and height should be related though - in real life you see a lot of very powerful low shots.

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly, if in MM the European games are not at night then I will have a hard time buying this game. It drove me nuts playing all the games at night or during the day. If EA wants to make this as "real" as it can be, that seems like a such a simple fix. I was astonished at the lack of accuracy for Fifa 08 on PS3 when Fifa 07 on PS2 was just about spot on.

Maybe slightly off topic but I hope it's something included in 09 -

In manager mode in Fifa 08, on ps2 you can schedule pre-season friendlies - but one can't on the xbox360 version right? Why is that?

Honestly, if in MM the European games are not at night then I will have a hard time buying this game. It drove me nuts playing all the games at night or during the day. If EA wants to make this as "real" as it can be, that seems like a such a simple fix. I was astonished at the lack of accuracy for Fifa 08 on PS3 when Fifa 07 on PS2 was just about spot on.

No night matches in manager mode, sucks but confirmed numerous times in here.

Maybe slightly off topic but I hope it's something included in 09 -

In manager mode in Fifa 08, on ps2 you can schedule pre-season friendlies - but one can't on the xbox360 version right? Why is that?

No friendlies in Fifa09 manager mode.

No night matches in manager mode, sucks but confirmed numerous times in here.

Why in the world couldn't they add that in? It makes no sense to me... Of course, I don't know the ins and outs of game development, but wouldn't it be a simple transfer of code from one platform to another?

What is silly is it feels like FIFA takes one step forward, one step back. Great, we may get weather effects that we can't control but there was snow years ago and you could play with the orange ball... why did they ever take it out?

I am not a PES fan what so ever - who can take the time to play as merseyside red - but this news is just silly. Maybe I am being too harsh...

Why in the world couldn't they add that in? It makes no sense to me... Of course, I don't know the ins and outs of game development, but wouldn't it be a simple transfer of code from one platform to another?

What is silly is it feels like FIFA takes one step forward, one step back. Great, we may get weather effects that we can't control but there was snow years ago and you could play with the orange ball... why did they ever take it out?

I am not a PES fan what so ever - who can take the time to play as merseyside red - but this news is just silly. Maybe I am being too harsh...

You're not being harsh. I totally agree with you.

The things you mention are basics that shouldn't command too much development time at all.

Who cares about night games in manager mode and orange balls..what matters is getting the game right..having the same feeling scoring as you used to in the old ISS games..getting the responsiveness right..thankfully we are there this year with plenty of bells and whistles included to last till next year

Who cares about night games in manager mode and orange balls..what matters is getting the game right..having the same feeling scoring as you used to in the old ISS games..getting the responsiveness right..thankfully we are there this year with plenty of bells and whistles included to last till next year

If you're after a football Sim it matters, these are tangible things that can/should be added, it may take some time to do but it's not like tying to create a game engine...

Well, I care... The gameplay is improved but after 10 day games the scenery starts to look the same.

When you market yourself as the most complete and accurate game on the planet, why not make a few changes to reflect that?

Why in the world couldn't they add that in? It makes no sense to me...

If you read a page or two back I explained EA's reason why there.

Who cares about night games in manager mode

Me, considering manager mode has had fuck all improvements where as Online is heavily built onto from Fifa08, Be a Pro is heavily built onto from Fifa08 there are those of us manager mode fans who were holding out for a few small crumbs of hope like variable weather, midweek night matches, AI fatigue rotation, AI playing purchased players......

Hopefully the nighttime glitch in 08 is still in there. It wasn't that much of a hassle to do and the best thing about it was that you were able to control it... unlike PS2/PSP versions of FIFA 08 where it was totally random.

I'd be pretty mad if they took it out though.

Back
Top Bottom