FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

Saw something new in the demo earlier

Drogba and Nesta went up for a header and Drogba got hammered by Nestas running leap winning the ball. Drogba went down like a sack of shit after he landed and had to be taken off :LOL:

Good they gave it 9/10 but what do they mean it's for people who still refuse to embrace Pro Evolution? WTF is that? And controls still not as good as Pro Evo? These mags are really blinded by how good PES 'USED' to be.

Good they gave it 9/10 but what do they mean it's for people who still refuse to embrace Pro Evolution? WTF is that? And controls still not as good as Pro Evo? These mags are really blinded by how good PES 'USED' to be.

i totally agree they still have this image of hoe pes used to be in their heads when they are reviewing FIFA.
they give it 9/10 which is a very gud score then the say its for people who reuse ti embrace pes what with that?...
and i have read in another review that said fifa was very good and they tried to make it sound shit y saying it was too realistic...since when was a football being realistic a problem?..isnt that what both EA and KONAMIare aiming for?...and think this year FIFA is the closest tothe real game and i know that where my money will be going come 3rd october....i will still play PES2009 but i know i will enjoy FIFA09...i even loved the demo and suff from WENB said they had even taking out some animations and stuff...even how the final product willbe like..amazing i say...

oh well maybe these reviewers who love PES too much will come to learn that FIFA is now the better game...will all know really thelove it when they play FIFA they are just trying to hide it...to keep thier fans lol

if fifa had the PES resposiveness, it'd crush pes on every aspect.

we're still driving tanks.

Thats the whole point of realism!!

you don't have players in in real life that can instantly change direction when running because you would just fall over at that speed

At the end of the day you either have realism or arcade style

PES is the latter because of this

*NEW* Fifa 09 GUIDE

Heaps of new info and screenshots, hints in the FIFA 09 Guide
http://www.operationsports.com/foru...ide-fifa09-ea-sports-updated-56k-warning.html
After reading that I can safely say there isn't enough depth in FIFA, nowhere near. I won't be playing it this year, I'm sticking with PES.

...Can you seriously imagine someone saying that, without sarcasm, after reading that?

:SHOCK:

Stunning, absolutely stunning. The depth in the engine is just unreal. Definitely the closest thing to real football we've ever seen, I don't understand (whilst not meaning to sound "shitty" for want of a better word) how anyone could argue with that. The amount of calculations and possibilities is just crazy.

I'm going to put the demo on now and try to get used to the low shooting method they describe.

Last edited:
The corning crossing gauge has helped me, im useless at corners and now i know i need 75% power for a decent one :))

After reading that I can safely say there isn't enough depth in FIFA, nowhere near. I won't be playing it this year, I'm sticking with PES.

...Can you seriously imagine someone saying that, without sarcasm, after reading that?

:SHOCK:

mate i was about to go over to where you are and give u right old slap in the face :LOL:

Let's be honest, anyone who reviews PES2009 higher than FIFA09, is fundamentally warped. What exactly DOES it have? A few player likenesses which are better, and editing.

I'm going to read that guide a few times, though some of it is 'dum dum' obvious and it could be a little more helpful giving the CONTROLS for some of the stuff.

Can someone explain how the celebration system works? Whenever I score a goal and try and do some "cool" looking celebration, the guy just runs around like some circus monkey (no racial comment intended).

Surely they wouldn't release a trailer featuring rain and snow if that was true - they would get slaughtered by the buyers.

Our preview copies are due to arrive sometime within the next week, I'm sure we'll confirm it either way as soon as we have it.

Back
Top Bottom