FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

There is no confirmation on this either way if my memory serves me correctly, however, I believe you will NOT be able to play in Be a Pro in this way at all. One person per console at maximum.

However, you can play normal matches in this way. On the 360 you can play 4v4, so presumeably on the PS3 you can play 7v7. 7 players on your console, vs 7 against someone else.

This would be in normal cooperative play, rather than a locked-to-a-player system.

Its only 2v2 on the Xbox, it will only accept 4 controllers in total

IMO the point isnt to play just a 100% simulation of football (that would be uncontrollable and boring....) the point is to play a GAME that lets us controll footballers 11v11...and the most skilled RL player to win not the one who has the higher stats....
Thus in order for KONAMI to compete with EA they should ditch all that stat mumbo jumbo and pre match tactics....just make all players the same skill...as its in FIFA...

I'm thinking/hoping this is meant to be ironic ;)

- in FIFA the player stats also do have impact on their performance.

- I want a mixture of gamer skills and stats (like TopSpin3): bad players/teams are hard to control, need skillfull gaming and vice versa

anything different will be an arcade fest

I think there could be a way to combine "stats" and "manual control" .
The higher the stats ,the less you 'll mess up the pass,the shooting,the through ball. It could work

IMO the point isnt to play just a 100% simulation of football (that would be uncontrollable and boring....) the point is to play a GAME that lets us controll footballers 11v11...and the most skilled RL player to win not the one who has the higher stats....
Thus in order for KONAMI to compete with EA they should ditch all that stat mumbo jumbo and pre match tactics....just make all players the same skill...as its in FIFA...

Damn that's the whole point I feel, I want as close to a 100% simulation, surely by that logic you find football boring?
2 human teams of 11 playing each other should be awesome, especially if they know what there doing...

Tactics for example. We can´t use our custom tactics online and that´s bad. I used to play with Chelsea just because I liked their 4-3-3 formation. But I would prefer to use that formation in Real Madrid and I couldn´t. FIFA needs more tactical customization online (offline is good and this year is even better).

Also we should have the option to play with D-pad and yeah.. I know the game has 360 degree but what if I prefer to play with D-pad? Doesn´t matter if I loose 360 degree. I just wanted to play with the D-pad because I hate analog..

Wow, so misinformed...

Its only 2v2 on the Xbox, it will only accept 4 controllers in total

Fairly sure you're wrong. Offline, it's 2v2, 3v1, 4vCPU, but online, you can do 4v4 as far as I can remember (fairly sure I've done it before).

Last edited:
Damn that's the whole point I feel, I want as close to a 100% simulation, surely by that logic you find football boring?
2 human teams of 11 playing each other should be awesome, especially if they know what there doing...

See you dont get it...real football is slow...its 1.5 hours for christs sake....and sometimes (alot of times) it ends 0-0...Can you play 1.5 hours each match? I doubt it...Also do you like that in real football a team with quality players smashes (usually) the weaker opponent? This is what pes have done with the overzealus stats representation....Fifa made the wise choice to make players less dependant on the stats so the players skill counts and not the team that he controlls....

See you dont get it...real football is slow...its 1.5 hours for christs sake....and sometimes (alot of times) it ends 0-0...Can you play 1.5 hours each match? I doubt it...Also do you like that in real football a team with quality players smashes (usually) the weaker opponent? This is what pes have done with the overzealus stats representation....Fifa made the wise choice to make players less dependant on the stats so the players skill counts and not the team that he controlls....

I think the time is irrelevant, and you are never going to get 100% simulation, but I want it to be as close as they can get it. I don't understand the point about quality beating weaker opponents, that's what should happen.
As for the stats there are PES fans screaming from the roof tops that PES lets you feel you are controlling individual players and on FIFA they all feel the same and "floaty like".
I'm not having a dig and I don't play online at all with PES and only twice with FIFA, so I can't judge them.

Would it be better if for every player in 11 v 11 you had a basic player ie all strikers had the same stats, all midfielders had the same stats etc, then you had say 30pts you could allocate yourself to improve whatever you wanted?
Not sure how it's set to work on 11 v 11...

Well remember I'm a data editor ;) We were told to have all the final transfers done in time for the end of 1st September and I was given the impression that they would feature in the retail version :)

ah you signed up for that? :DD i wanted to help with kits research but they didn't need anymore help (2 years back or something)

good to hear transfers will be up to the 1st. allways been a big discussion the past years all over the ffa community whether they were or not...:))

ah you signed up for that? :DD i wanted to help with kits research but they didn't need anymore help (2 years back or something)

good to hear transfers will be up to the 1st. allways been a big discussion the past years all over the ffa community whether they were or not...:))

Yeah I've been doing it for a while now, I contributed informally to Sheffield Wednesday's squad for the Fifa08 January squad update but I officially did the data for Sheffield Wednesday, Sheffield United, Accrington Stanley and Grimsby Town in Fifa09 :)

it's a pretty good idea to involve people with good knowledge about certain areas in europe instead of letting some monkey from canada randomly type in numbers and sell them as accurate statistics. ;) i like the way ea handles this.

LOL well it wasn't my choice, I chose Sheffield Wednesday and Grimsby Town and the other two were assigned to me, but I try to be professional in all I do so did my best for the Blades :)

Recent evidence, from a certain match tells me that they ought to be terrible. Have you achieved this? :/

After just going down to my local JB Hi-Fi (big electronics chain in Australia) to preorder fifa 09 expecting it to be ready next thursday the 2nd, i was pleasantly surprised to hear they are breaking release and releasing it on tuesday the 30th! Happy days!

So who's ordering the full Adidas live thing then?

I was going to but £15 seems a bit much for a bit of form to be added to it

I guess ill get the free Prem one and when i have a league with mates just use Prem teams, well that or buy Spain and Italy seperate

After just going down to my local JB Hi-Fi (big electronics chain in Australia) to preorder fifa 09 expecting it to be ready next thursday the 2nd, i was pleasantly surprised to hear they are breaking release and releasing it on tuesday the 30th! Happy days!

Nice one!!

How far is that shop from Glasgow? :-pp

I've preordered mine yesterday at GAME in Buchanan Galleries.

LIVE Activity for week of September 15th

Xbox 360 Top Live Titles (based on UU’s)

1 Call of Duty 4
2 Halo 3
3 GTA IV
4 Gears of War
5 Madden NFL 09
6 Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
7 Guitar Hero III
8 Rock Band
9 Rock Band 2
10 FIFA 09 Demo

Nice one!!

How far is that shop from Glasgow? :-pp

I've preordered mine yesterday at GAME in Buchanan Galleries.

Better ordering it online, you'll probably get it next Thursday instead ;))

@Coopz, I'm just keeping with the Prem as my free league. As long as the rosters are up-to-date, I don't really care about form for leagues which I don't follow.

@Coopz, I'm just keeping with the Prem as my free league. As long as the rosters are up-to-date, I don't really care about form for leagues which I don't follow.

Im not really but it would just be nice when you have a league with mates to have to change your 1st team ala PES's form arrows

Does it affect user-created leagues?

Even then tho, you'd have to spread your league over real weeks for the form to change?

Aye. I'm not entirely convinced how well it'll work to be honest. I suppose it's good for random unranked online games or offline multiplayer games where you see your mates every week.

My main interest is MM and BAP though so I'm not sure I'll even notice the form much.

I think there could be a way to combine "stats" and "manual control" .
The higher the stats ,the less you 'll mess up the pass,the shooting,the through ball. It could work

Not only possible, but easy. :)

The analog stick allows you to aim anywhere you want, and the stats control how much the pass/shot/cross etc will deviate from the intended aim/power/etc, aswell as make mishits more or less likely.

So just because you give PES manual control over shots rather than the autoaimed ones, you can't hit the top corner every time, because the stats are configured to introduce as much randomized outcomes as real life does.

Obviously, if you suck at using the analog stick, you will have inaccuracy both in the direction you aim the analog stick, aswell as the stats further messing up the ball path. So human skill and practice is required to master the intended aim with the analog stick, and only having the stats of the players in the game introducing unwanted effects to the aim and such. :)

The attributes already do what you guys are talking about but I guess you want it to interfere even more. Not so sure about that though. I rather see passes go bad when trying to pass behind your back or have the ball in a bad position than standing perfect but resulting in a bad pass just because of attributes.

The attributes already do what you guys are talking about but I guess you want it to interfere even more. Not so sure about that though. I rather see passes go bad when trying to pass behind your back or have the ball in a bad position than standing perfect but resulting in a bad pass just because of attributes.
exactly, which would mean everyone and their mothers using manu and bacra all day online

Back
Top Bottom