FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

In the demo when I aim to direct a FK to the bottom corner the player doesn't listen to me and kicks it towards the top corner, what am I doing wrong?

Also how do you lay off FK's for the 2nd player like in PES?

In the demo when I aim to direct a FK to the bottom corner the player doesn't listen to me and kicks it towards the top corner, what am I doing wrong?

Also how do you lay off FK's for the 2nd player like in PES?

I noticed that the swerve goes in the opposite direction I would expect (I've seen this mostly during penalties so for example, when I want to put it in the top right hand corner, I press my left stick to the top right but then my right stick to the bottom right.)

On the second point, press the skill button then short pass.

Re: FIFA 09 - Discussion Thread

Controls for New Stuff in FIFA 09

Jockey Press
-Hold LT/R2 and A/X to maintain a few yards distance from the dribbler and contain
-Release LT/R2 to go in for the tackle at the right moment
Running Jockey
-Hold LT/L2 and RT/R2 to use the running jockey.
-This is a faster paced jockey that will allow you to better position your defender without having to plant and turn.

Running Jockey and Jockey need to be mastered if you a defender in 10 vs 10

Ronaldinho took a FK with his left-foot while i was playing.

I held L2 for the 2nd player (Ronaldinho), he stood on the right hand side, then struck the ball with his left-foot.

I hope EA sort this out.

Not a big thing, but I love how there are different arena styles - the one with Chelsea on that video looks very different to the one in the demo. I suspect that the style is based on the arena player you choose.

I could also probably spend ages just taking shots at goal in the arena before matches at the different stadiums, I get really addicted to the arena on the 09 demo, and I spent a long time in it on 08.

I need to preorder this soon.

I hope they sort the player ratings out for lesser teams - Kevin Kyle needs to be rated about 50 and Aron Gunnarsson needs to have a massive throw :).

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a big thing, but I love how there are different arena styles - the one with Chelsea on that video looks very different to the one in the demo. I suspect that the style is based on the arena player you choose.

I could also probably spend ages just taking shots at goal in the arena before matches at the different stadiums, I get really addicted to the arena on the 09 demo, and I spent a long time in it on 08.

I hope they sort the player ratings out for lesser teams - Kevin Kyle needs to be rated about 50 and Aron Gunnarsson needs to have a massive throw :).

Imagine they put a HUGE throw for Rory Delap!

Imagine they put a HUGE throw for Rory Delap!
It would be bad for Stoke fans if he didn't, Stoke are nothing without him :-pp.

Gunnarsson's throws are very similar to Delap's, here is a video of one on his debut.

YouTube - Aron Gunnarsson debut ccfc 09/08/08

I think that should be reflected in the game - throw ins are as much of a threat as corners (or more so) if you have a Delap or Gunnarsson in the team in real life.

No game has got long throws right before I don't think, on FIFA 08 throwing it, getting a flick on and finishing it would result in a goal 9/10 times, and in both PES and FIFA they don't go far enough.

you can choose from 5 arena's :)

My only gripe about fifa 09 is the trajectire of the ball when it goes down...its too slow imo...and the shots can be improved alot...

Press R1/RB (or whatever button you've mapped the finesse shot to) at just the right moment. Works superbly well! There's a way to turn and run onto the dummied ball with the same player too.

That sounds class, anyone know how it is done?

In PES if you tap L1 after passing the ball the player (who did the pass)
did a run into space, I always thought it would be a good idea if you could do something similar after dummying the ball, so the player would dummy then run into space ready to recieve a pass.

this would be easy to impliment (in either game) and a very useful move

thanks

you can choose from 5 arena's :)
That sounds good, I will be checking them out when I get the game. I think the arena is an awesome thing, doing tricks, taking shots and practicing free kicks while the match loads is far better than sitting, watching a "Now Loading..." screen.

That sounds class, anyone know how it is done?

In PES if you tap L1 after passing the ball the player (who did the pass)
did a run into space, I always thought it would be a good idea if you could do something similar after dummying the ball, so the player would dummy then run into space ready to recieve a pass.

this would be easy to impliment (in either game) and a very useful move

thanks
The move where you run after a ball you let run through your legs is:

Hold R1/RB + Hold left stick in opposite direction player is facing.

The pass and move thing is:

Hold L1/LB + A/X

The player passes then quickly makes a run, and they sometimes point where they want the ball played which looks really cool :).

Last edited by a moderator:
That sounds good, I will be checking them out when I get the game. I think the arena is an awesome thing, doing tricks, taking shots and practicing free kicks while the match loads is far better than sitting, watching a "Now Loading..." screen.

The move where you run after a ball you let run through your legs is:

Hold R1/RB + Hold left stick in opposite direction player is facing.

The pass and move thing is:

Hold L1/LB + A/X

The player passes then quickly makes a run, and they sometimes point where they want the ball played which looks really cool :).

Sound!

I'll go and have a play

Back
Top Bottom