FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

Anyone had this happen to them?

Ball hits bar, crosses the line and bounces back out,without a goal being awarded? It's just happened to me. I will try and post the replay once I get the video formatted.

Anyone had this happen to them?

Ball hits bar, crosses the line and bounces back out,without a goal being awarded? It's just happened to me. I will try and post the replay once I get the video formatted.

Maybe the ref and linesmen were from the Watford v Reading game?:LOL:

I've had the opposite, the ball bounced in and went out but the goal was conceded! It's nice if they have put it a little random, as it is in real life (until FIFA decides to use video technology).

About the "miastkes" of players, it's very nice how those are implemented, both for you and for the CPU players. Very nice because if you mistime an action, you can see the result in a very realistic way (even ridiculous sometimes, which is good and fun). But it's amazing how they've found the way to simlutae mistakes in the CPU players, something you can try to exploit to your advantage.

For instance, it's the first time in a football game that I will consistently play long balls just to find that defender error that gives me the chance.

PES tried something similar years ago, but due to the scripted nature of things and the reduced chance of decision of the player, it went all wrong. In PES, sometimes your players would just fail something without any reason and felt really odd. In Fifa, due to the "manualness" of things, and due also to the brilliant physics engine, it's satisfying to do errors.

Playing Human vs. human it's also a lot of fun when Maldini mistimes a header and you score, or when you mistime a volley. The amount of unpredictability in this game has totally blown me. I was expecting a lot less by EA, maybe that's a result of the persistant lack of evolution of PES in the last years, that makes us even happier with the huge ammount of evolution FIFA has achieved in only one year.

Oh, and yesterday I had the opponent Goalkeeper comint to my area in a corner. They headed the ball out and when I kicked from the keeper he was still running in the midfield to his goal. I managed to get a shot from halfline but it was Ashley Cole the one who shot and the ball went horribly wide. A very nice touch.

yeh i've had them given and not given. i think there's a degree of error with different refs in the game? i scored an offside goal the other night....

i love the way if you rush with the keeper on a throw or a kick you can get yourself in a total mess..its great...and if you try to kick when player around you the collision system can make your keeper drop the ball or fall over.. just had a keeper own goal where ball hit bar and then hit keeper on way out and ended up in net..seen that on PES a few times..Another thing is the better you get at the game the better the game becomes and the more you see

i am new to this...but not at new FIFA i loved FIFA08 the pass of the game...it was the closest thing to a football game do you agree placebo? and now i have been playing the FIFA 09 demo since release and it is great even closer to the real thing...the way the player move it great...it as though they all have mass to them...like a real human....this is something that i have not found when playing PES.....the new PES2009 from video i have seen...seems to be the same...ok there are some little changes here and there but overall the same...ok..PES fans will say this is brill because they love PES ie fanboys

i am a football fan...and i will play the game which is closes to the real thing...at the moment it FIFA09....
the ball physics are great playing in the arena is a joy....and when you get on the pitch...even though is only 2mins each half it feels great

About the "miastkes" of players

:LOL: I like how you put it in quotes, to highlight the "mistake". Or is that a Spanish word?

For instance, it's the first time in a football game that I will consistently play long balls just to find that defender error that gives me the chance.

I've also tried the long-ball tactic a few times and gratifyingly, it can be effective, especially with tactic set to high attacking pressure, so lots of guys are automatically pushing forward for flick-ons. It does represent a breakthrough as we can now play a passing game (which is what football games are scripted to be), a dribbling game, and now a long-ball/more speculative game. And that's without all the tactical options unlocked.

I still find it too "scripted/full of cpu-cheats" to be fun to play against the cpu, but EA are definitely moving the genre into new areas.

Lol guys we really need to make a Manager Mode thread, caus' manager mode is going to be awesome ! :p

Well it'll be awesome to those people new to Fifa's manager mode, but for people like myself who played Fifa08 a lot it'll be very familiar so less impact unfortunately.

i am new to this...but not at new FIFA i loved FIFA08 the pass of the game...it was the closest thing to a football game do you agree placebo?

Yes I considered Fifa08 the finest simulation of real football to date, and from what I can see in the 2x2 Fifa09 demo it surpasses it, can't wait.

Nope bug fixes, and possibly some kind of fatigue rotation system, that'll be about it, one of the first things I'll test is to keep a team in all cups by simulating the league matches and playing the cup matches and see if we still get the situation where you end up playing a cup match and a league match on the same day, or consecutive days, real world minimum is 48 hours I believe?

Nope bug fixes, and possibly some kind of fatigue rotation system, that'll be about it, one of the first things I'll test is to keep a team in all cups by simulating the league matches and playing the cup matches and see if we still get the situation where you end up playing a cup match and a league match on the same day, or consecutive days, real world minimum is 48 hours I believe?

so far i think the AI will be different, that is good. Playing against the cpu seems better, at least on the demo. And IMO that was the biggest weakness of 08.

W

Yes I considered Fifa08 the finest simulation of real football to date, and from what I can see in the 2x2 Fifa09 demo it surpasses it, can't wait.

i agree....you do consider PES a playerable game right...wot do you think of PES2009? if you got a chance to play it at all....but yes i cannot wait to play fifa09....i know when i get it i will feel like a kid in a candy store lol:DANCE:

fifa2010 would have to work on its manager mode...it will be very important if they do many aspects can be stolen dare i say it lol...from football manager....it will add to the who fifa experience.....oh i i was able to watch the fifa 4mins ad...it great....some great goals by rooney as well....i wonder if he was really playin lol

Last edited:
Any news on injuries...?

Nothing concrete that I recall at this time.

so far i think the AI will be different, that is good. Playing against the cpu seems better, at least on the demo. And IMO that was the biggest weakness of 08.

Yes the improved AI and gameplay will certainly mean that manager mode is much improved for everyone, even those such as myself who have played Fifa08's manager mode to death (13,000 minutes blah blah ;)))

i agree....you do consider PES a playerable game right...wot do you think of PES2009? if you got a chance to play it at all....but yes i cannot wait to play fifa09....i know when i get it i will feel like a kid in a candy store lol:DANCE:

Do I consider PES a playable game? That's a loaded question! To me PES plays like a retro game, once it was great, now it's dated in almost all areas and it doesn't interest me to play it (same as SWOS/Kick Off2 were awesome games in their day but I don't want to go back and play them). I haven't had chance to play PES2009 but from everything I see/hear it will just (IMO) be little more than a somewhat fixed broken of the intrinsically broken PES2008, to some people that's enough, to me that's nowhere close to being enough to make me choose it as a next gen football game to play.

did a quick search and didnt see this bit posted
http://lusofifa.blogspot.com/2008/09/psm3-j-analisou-fifa-09.html
i dont really feel like its on point and they talk about how they dont like 08. if you couldnt find anything to like in 08 i doubt youll get excited much about 09. but just fyi for you dudes.....

Old news but thanks for posting :)

I think they´ve blown the trough ball (triangle)... in Euro 2008 was very good, and it´s worse in FIFA 09. That´s why I disliked the demo. Me and a friend only yesterday understood what´s wrong in the game. That´s it. Euro 2008 trough balls are realistic and better.

Do I consider PES a playable game? That's a loaded question! To me PES plays like a retro game, once it was great, now it's dated in almost all areas and it doesn't interest me to play it (same as SWOS/Kick Off2 were awesome games in their day but I don't want to go back and play them). I haven't had chance to play PES2009 but from everything I see/hear it will just (IMO) be little more than a somewhat fixed broken of the intrinsically broken PES2008, to some people that's enough, to me that's nowhere close to being enough to make me choose it as a next gen football game to play.

yes i understand clearly what you mean...thanks
pes2009 is basically what pes2008 shud have been...well konami is takin steps back and ea are taking two steps forward....

when can we expect a podcast on FSB? to highlight somethings about the demo and latests build of FIFA09

I think they´ve blown the trough ball (triangle)... in Euro 2008 was very good, and it´s worse in FIFA 09. That´s why I disliked the demo. Me and a friend only yesterday understood what´s wrong in the game. That´s it. Euro 2008 trough balls are realistic and better.

Are you using manual? It works fine for me, just needs a little more power than usual (which will hopefully be fixed).

There won't be one for the demo now, pointless with the retail being so close :)

very true..
its a shame the be a pro seasons is only 4 years...i could see my self playing it for longer than that a player whole career even
but do you know if you can start a new game with the same created player after completing the four season?

sorry if this question has been asked before i may have missed it

Are you using manual? It works fine for me, just needs a little more power than usual (which will hopefully be fixed).

It's one of the only things I find fundamentally screwed in the FIFA 09 demo. A lot of the time, it's like you don't have enough time to get adequate power, as the player gets to the ball before you can fill it enough.

WENB just posted a podcast i think talking about some1 playing the final build of PES...let hear wot they have to say about thier beloverd game....did somebody just shout out bias review lol

Back
Top Bottom