FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

Well, I scored my most impressive goal earlier, was well pleased with myself! World class difficulty, me as Milan against the scum of Chelsea.

Ronaldinho for some reason appears at CB to accept a pass from Abbiati in goal after he'd caught a previous long range attempt by Lampard. Ron passes it then plays 2 one-twos with Kaladze, then Ambrosini, bringing him up to the halfway line. The latter of the one-twos was a chipped return to the goofy cunt, which he then controls by flicking it over Mikel and laying it off to Kaka on the inside right, who then plants it through the legs of Ashley Cole, does a reverse pass that skims through the D, Ambrosini nutmegs it and Ron arrives in the box, controls the ball with his left, hits it with his right and it flies un-finessed over the keeper and into the far corner. My balls dropped.

Earlier, I'd paused the game on kick-off and gone to Chelsea's settings. Set them up differently because I wanted a change, they were pressurizing me in possession all over the pitch and taking a long time in making chances, was so clear from when I usually play them, I was getting cruely harassed like Lily Allen's mirror. Felt so good when I managed that goal, they'd got 3 bookings by then though and maybe didn't commit to as many tackles as they'd normally do?

Well, I scored my most impressive goal earlier, was well pleased with myself! World class difficulty, me as Milan against the scum of Chelsea.

Ronaldinho for some reason appears at CB to accept a pass from Abbiati in goal after he'd caught a previous long range attempt by Lampard. Ron passes it then plays 2 one-twos with Kaladze, then Ambrosini, bringing him up to the halfway line. The latter of the one-twos was a chipped return to the goofy cunt, which he then controls by flicking it over Mikel and laying it off to Kaka on the inside right, who then plants it through the legs of Ashley Cole, does a reverse pass that skims through the D, Ambrosini nutmegs it and Ron arrives in the box, controls the ball with his left, hits it with his right and it flies un-finessed over the keeper and into the far corner. My balls dropped.

Earlier, I'd paused the game on kick-off and gone to Chelsea's settings. Set them up differently because I wanted a change, they were pressurizing me in possession all over the pitch and taking a long time in making chances, was so clear from when I usually play them, I was getting cruely harassed like Lily Allen's mirror. Felt so good when I managed that goal, they'd got 3 bookings by then though and maybe didn't commit to as many tackles as they'd normally do?
UNBELIEVABLE!:DD

And you don't have a video of it? Disappointing!

Theres such a variety of games when you play this. Can be midfield battles, one sided affairs, end to end stuff. Love it. Cant wait for the 3rd.. or 2nd if Gameplay love me

placebo, chris

any idea when the next fifa podcast is..

just listened to the pes one and i was falling asleep

suff doesnt sound very enthusiastic

was reading an article before and it said that ea sports have localised the crowd support in fifa 09. could somebody please explain what this means and the effect it has on the game as im unsure thanks guys :)

Last edited:
placebo, chris

any idea when the next fifa podcast is..

No idea, it'll be based on the retail version which we hope to have sometime after this weekend, we obviously want to release videos of gameplay footage as well as that's what the majority want to see, so whether or not there'll be a new podcast before the PAL release remains to be seen, at least there should be one before the ROTW release........

just listened to the pes one and i was falling asleep

suff doesnt sound very enthusiastic

Can you blame him? :((

One drawnback I can mention that I saw in FIFA 08,Euro 2008 and in the few videos i've watched from FIFA 09 is players dribbling or touching the ball with their weaker a bit too much. For instance you see the likes of Lampard doing some pass with the outside of his left foot or dribbling with his left foot as easily as the right. It's one thing PES got right I believe is players playing with their best foot and not constantly changing between them. I know there are some who are two-footed (Sneijder,Nedved) but it's a minority .
Does anyone else agree ?

:LOL: I like how you put it in quotes, to highlight the "mistake". Or is that a Spanish word?

Players are "miastking" all the time, some more than others! In Spain, even the government "miastkes" a lot, we all de "miastkes" again and again.

About the other comments you did, I agree that still feels a litle scripted, but it's something we won't get rid of until processors are much more powerful and we have another kind of control input to the games.

Anyway, even with the cheats and the scriptedness, playing against the CPU has made a very big jump in quality. I'm glad because I play a lot of Manager Mode along the year, and the AI is one of the smartest I've seen in a game. Not because they win challenges and the finishing, but because of the decisions they make.

There have been a lot of times that I've said to myself "that is what I would have done" or "I didn't see it coming, it's so smart". And that's something I had never experienced in PES.

...is players dribbling or touching the ball with their weaker a bit too much. For instance you see the likes of Lampard doing some pass with the outside of his left foot or dribbling with his left foot as easily as the right. It's one thing PES got right I believe is players playing with their best foot and not constantly changing between them...

yes, this (still) is one of PES strengths. But players feel more individual in FIFA09, then they used to be in previous versions.
I've spotted it's more difficult/next to impossible to perform skills with "weak" players. Also shooting with the wrong side is clearly visible...
-> EA is on track here, too. Of course there is still space to improve

yes, this (still) is one of PES strengths. But players feel more individual in FIFA09, then they used to be in previous versions.
I've spotted it's more difficult/next to impossible to perform skills with "weak" players. Also shooting with the wrong side is clearly visible...
-> EA is on track here, too. Of course there is still space to improve

It's good here that .Something else I could add (i did before but i had no replies) is left footed players doing dribbles the same way right footed players does. Messi doing the flip flap with his right foot is an example but hopefully all of this little things will vanish for the next installment because apart from little things like these, the game looks brilliant

What does it mean to "go gold"?

A game has "Gone Gold" when the final master copy has been produced at the developer and sent off for replication, packaging and shipment. The game is not yet released, but it will typically be around 2-3 weeks (sometimes less) before it begins appearing on store shelves and online pre-orders arriving at doorsteps. The term itself comes from the old practice of recordable CDs being manufactured with gold film. Hence the gold colored CD actually being the source, with no reference to copies sold as in the recording industry.

A game has "Gone Gold" when the final master copy has been produced at the developer and sent off for replication, packaging and shipment. The game is not yet released, but it will typically be around 2-3 weeks (sometimes less) before it begins appearing on store shelves and online pre-orders arriving at doorsteps. The term itself comes from the old practice of recordable CDs being manufactured with gold film. Hence the gold colored CD actually being the source, with no reference to copies sold as in the recording industry.

Wow, that was imformative, thanks bro. I never knew why they used the term gone Gold.

so far i think the AI will be different, that is good. Playing against the cpu seems better, at least on the demo. And IMO that was the biggest weakness of 08.

Yeah that's a good point

At least MM should be actually playable now seeing as the AI is much improved. Im sure all the MM fans will appreciate that rather then little changes like not playing at Wembley in the final of cups

Back
Top Bottom