FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

After initially wanting to use my spare in-store credit at CEX to get FIFA, it now turns out that Sarah has pre-ordered it for me from Argos for £35, bless! Head awaits....

Ive always been a Pro Evo man I never liked Fifa till last year but having played the demo of 09 im very impressed it’s a superb Simulation something Pro Evo used to be.
Having watched the Roma v Real Madrid Pro Evo 09 video showing actual gameplay I can confidently predict Fifa 09 will be lights years ahead of Pro Evo this time there will be no comparison it wont even be close. Konami have blown it.

Ive always been a Pro Evo man I never liked Fifa till last year but having played the demo of 09 im very impressed it’s a superb Simulation something Pro Evo used to be.
Having watched the Roma v Real Madrid Pro Evo 09 video showing actual gameplay I can confidently predict Fifa 09 will be lights years ahead of Pro Evo this time there will be no comparison it wont even be close. Konami have blown it.

I am the same really impressed with the demo cant wait to play the full game, this could be the year I swop!

Personally I think Euro 2008 is way better than FIFA 09. The only thing I prefer in fifa09 is the shooting. Passing was awesome in Euro 2008, I don´t know what they´ve done :( Also sometimes our players just leave the ball and they slide along the grass (like in PS2 PES).

However if PES still the same I prefer to play FIFA. More realistic.

emanuel,you mean leaving the ball is like they suddenly move to other direction without the ball right? it do occur to me somehow. and most annoying is they will not try to receive a direct pass. 1 thing i do realize this always happen when Ballack pass the ball to Bosingwa. i guess they're not very good teammate aren't they? :LOL:

yup. i hope so. can't wait to feel the full experience of the game. somehow i'll have to watch you guys gameplay videofirst since my country only receiving the game on 14th. :(

Personally I think Euro 2008 is way better than FIFA 09. The only thing I prefer in fifa09 is the shooting. Passing was awesome in Euro 2008, I don´t know what they´ve done :( Also sometimes our players just leave the ball and they slide along the grass (like in PS2 PES).

However if PES still the same I prefer to play FIFA. More realistic.

I felt the manual passing in Euro was completely broken, it was changed from Fifa08 and was no longer really manual.

What do you guys think about the AI clearing the ball for you even if you don't press any buttons? Several times I have not pressed any button to clear the ball while in front of my own goal and the player still clears it. Kind of weird to me. BUT, this could be a good thing to me if it means that your teammates actually try to clear balls and head balls if you're not controlling them. Your own team AI needs to be more active to make it more realistic.

I think this happened to me on the highest difficulty, not sure if it has anything to do with it but I did play on the medium one a couple of matches and I know it happened several times then.

What do you guys think about the AI clearing the ball for you even if you don't press any buttons? Several times I have not pressed any button to clear the ball while in front of my own goal and the player still clears it. Kind of weird to me. BUT, this could be a good thing to me if it means that your teammates actually try to clear balls and head balls if you're not controlling them. Your own team AI needs to be more active to make it more realistic.

I think this happened to me on the highest difficulty, not sure if it has anything to do with it but I did play on the medium one a couple of matches and I know it happened several times then.

The game basically presumes in that situation that you're going to WANT to clear it, in a seriously dangerous situation (off the line for instance).

I like the system, as it seems to cut down on the number of rebound goals, lateral-pass goals, and own goals quite considerably, without seeming unrealistic. It very rarely takes control when I don't want it to clear.

I had a situation a couple of days ago when the CPU cut inside, then tried to pass it across the face of the goal. My player ran in at the right moment and just swatted it straight out, looked really natural.

I think the computer AI is excellent on world class mode..as an example they had a shot on goal and my keeper pushed it to the side near the dead ball line about 6 yards from goal..the angle was very tight and I doubt it would have scored...but unlike any other game where the computer would have blasted it into the side netting..the player looked like he was going to blast it, then put it foot on it, shifted in feild to create space then put in a little lob into the area, which i smashed downfield but thats not the point...it chose the logical solution...great game

its wonderful game EA really give PES the best slap ever !! i respect EA for waitting all this years to give us this master peace at least they were working and trying their best for us not like konami do what ever they like and make us pay for them dump asses :/

its wonderful game EA really give PES the best slap ever !! i respect EA for waitting all this years to give us this master peace at least they were working and trying their best for us not like konami do what ever they like and make us pay for them dump asses :/

yeah FIFA09's demo alone convinces me of this. it already makes me think of how great 2010 will be with even MORE improvements in the animations and shot variety etc.

FIFA has really matured as a franchise under this ne engine. the change has been rapid over this generation. PES seems to have thought that last gens engine in HD would do, but they're finding (in the face of FIFA) that you simply can't achieve everything you want to with that ancient engine.

just one aspect is the ball physics. in PES there's a very obvious tether between you and the ball. at no point do you feel you can nick the ball off the opposition and chase the through-ball. i can do just that in FIFA09 in the demo. in fact, i had a shot (in FIFA09) last night that hit the crossbar and came down off the keeper. the keeper kicked his leg out to try and clear it and miss-ht it. it came off his thigh and it trickle out to lampard. all the time during this the ball is spinning and bobbling off of every body part with scary realism.

hell, i clipped the outside of the past with a shot yesterday and the ball spun wildly and bent off wide.

it's just a totally new level in realism and very enjoyable.

yeah. just now against milan,i play a very deep high thru ball to drogba who chase it behind maldini. well maldini reach to the ball 1st but what actually happen is,he try to clear it over the back volley, but he miss it and the ball hit his thigh and sway away for a corner. i smile myself "this gonna be a shit loads of good when the full game coming!!"

Back
Top Bottom