FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

:/ Seems a tad unlikely. No review has mentioned it either way thus far, have they?

On the FIFA 09 website, I can't find any murmurings of weather any more :/ Whether there were any before, I'm no sure.

Last edited:
I wouldn't mind there being no weather effects either; it's the fact that they were featured in the trailer. If they're not in the game then that's very disappointing. They were in Euro 2008 and it was a great little addition.

why EA no put the weather in ? its lot of work ??
It is a lot of work because it's not just graphics; it effects the gameplay as well. Rain in Euro 2008 made the ball slow up and made the game a lot harder.

But if it's in screenshots and trailers it has to be in the final game, surely?

If you remember, there was a FIFA review that said online Be A Pro/Live Seasons wasn't included in the game, and it is... The trailer featuring weather is even included in the demo (if you leave the pad alone while the "press start to play" screen is on) - I'm sure this is a mistake by the magazine in question.

There is still a screenshot on the website with weather, and quite a few show overcast. In the demo, in the settings, the option 'Condition' - odd name if it just means night and day, says 'Play Under the Natural Light of Day, or Under the Stadium's Floodlights'. I agree with Chris though, this is pretty much paranoia... then again, I can't think of anything about weather in any review, or the website as far as I can see/remember/

But in the trailer Ea put the snow and the rain and some pics u see the rain! why isnt in the final build ??
juju123, i don't think anyone knows for sure whether the weather is in or not, Placebo said they have already said they will not include night game in the MM, no weather in there too and I'll be looking at playing PES good or bad because I'll be so gutted with EA...

But in the trailer Ea put the snow and the rain and some pics u see the rain! why isnt in the final build ??

Relax, mate. It's not the end of the world, certainly not enough to warrant five posts asking why it's not in when we don't know if it is or not either :LOL: ;))

As I recall weather had been confirmed but it's not in the game as some kind of selectable sunny/overcast/rain/snow option, but rather at certain times during certain matches in appropriate seasons it may rain/snow? Could have sworn I read that from somewhere, I've asked Suff to confirm with his EA contacts......

As I recall weather had been confirmed but it's not in the game as some kind of selectable sunny/overcast/rain/snow option, but rather at certain times during certain matches in appropriate seasons it may rain/snow? Could have sworn I read that from somewhere, I've asked Suff to confirm with his EA contacts......
we are all waiting with bated breath Placebo... :LOL:

Trying to find confirmation:

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/...weather-effects-manager-mode.html#post5573804

From A Video Interview Of Simon Rutter That If The Weather Is Overcast There Will Be A Chance Of Rain....there Is No Weather Setting For Rain In Fifa 09. If U Are Playing In Overcast Weather It Might Rain, It Might Not. And The Rainfall Is Realistic In The Sense That It Can Stop Raining And Start Again. It Doesnt Just Rain For The Entire Match.
However There Will Be No Instances When The Ball Gets Stuck In A Puddle Like In Euro 2008 Because Rutter And The Guys At Ea Say This Disrupts The Game (some Of U May Not Like This But I Personally Think Its A Good Idea)

Juju you remember which video interview this was?

i think is the same video that you say ^^

Placebo im french and im very bad in english hihi, can you say me if in your text, wheather in ?

Saw something new in the demo earlier

Drogba and Nesta went up for a header and Drogba got hammered by Nestas running leap winning the ball. Drogba went down like a sack of shit after he landed and had to be taken off :LOL:
Now that's fucking football.:))

So found some more confirmation it was in earlier builds at least, Operationsports had a couple of people who went over to Vancouver a couple of months ago, here's some confirmation from them:

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/fifa-discussion/263142-community-q-fifa-09-a.html

Yea the ball was really skipping and taking off in the rain.

http://www.operationsports.com/foru...y-day-impression-so-far-7.html#post2038551049

I actually didn't see any "weather" in the game. It is there but, you can't set it in the game settings menu. It's a random occurrence. Rain and snow are likely to appear in games that have the overcast option for the stadium.

Back
Top Bottom