FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 09 - Discussion Thread

please tell me your joking! Senderos would be gone tomorrow if i was in charge. No way is he arsenal quality. Gives the opposition a lift when he is named on the team sheet

:LOL:

The same Senderos that got us to the CL final, the same guy that filled in for Kolo in January during the ACN and was solid throughout.Yes he made some mistakes, Kolo and Gallas make mistakes everything that cost us goals but no one is calling for them to be sold.

Just look at the Ajax game,both goals were errors from Kolo and Gallas

PES has free passing, too (right stick) It feels "more manual" than FIFA. I'm not able to do even one successful pass!
How can it be "more manual"? It only has 8 directions :SS.

:LOL:

The same Senderos that got us to the CL final, the same guy that filled in for Kolo in January during the ACN and was solid throughout.Yes he made some mistakes, Kolo and Gallas make mistakes everything that cost us goals but no one is calling for them to be sold.

Just look at the Ajax game,both goals were errors from Kolo and Gallas

Thats it Blaccat - I agree with you :DD

just read this post on the official ea forums. Bit more new info that i have not read. Posted by Dale. Im sure he wont mind me copying it to hear.

I was fortunate enough to play a handful of games on fifa09 at i34 this weekend and i must say, first impressions, i am really impressed.

As a big fan of fifa 08 i was wondering how they would improve the game in this release and i was a bit sceptical.

First of all on the loading screen it states in big font 'FIFA 09 - WORK IN PROGRESS' so i imagine they still have the odd tweak and testing to do although i can't be quoted on this because i am not sure when the final build is completed in relation to the release date.

First of all, i picked man united, once again sceptical of how good Ronaldo will be in this release (hoping he is not stupidly good in relation to the rest of the squad). I played around 5 games and tbh i don't think there has been too much improvement to ronaldo which is all good in my opinion. There are a few new nice tricks that i managed to pull off by holding L2 and bashing the right analogue stick which is nice.

The loading screen now comes with tutorials on how to do the tricks so you can practice these in the arena as the game loads. The loading screen also comes with a timer so you know how many seconds it is until you can press start to play the game for those people that care.

The game starts and instantly i am impressed by the improved movement of the players with diagonal runs by the computer players and also some sleek new first touch moves. Everything just feels so good.

At this point i will add that all those players that try shooting from the half way line in online matches all the time, you're screwed! I tried it a fair few times, seems to be more difficult if possible at all! I'm sure i gave it a full power square chip from the half way mark which landed safely in the keepers arms. Once again i didn't play the game enough to see if this will be the case all the time, i just hope it is.

The switch player system seems to be a lot more reactive, i don't know about you guys but in fifa 08 i found a lot of times where i was back tracking with a batch of defenders and it just seemed to take a long time to select the one i actually want! I suppose it's hard to explain how switching players can be improved, but it has in some weird way, maybe the ball to player detection area has been improved in someway or another.

Overall i am well impressed with this latest release and i am intrigued with what Konami have come up with as they are all bigging PES2009 to claim the crown back from fifa this year. Personally i can't see it happening but i am always open minded until i play the two releases. I can certainly say that i have fifa09 on pre-order though.

Pretty much the same as 08, but the EA team said that they havent added the cosmetics yet, such as commentary/Kits/09 lineups and cutscenes.

So they've confirmed that all the same old Fifa08 commentary we're hearing is placeholder? You read that somewhere or someone told you in person?

Thats it Blaccat - I agree with you :DD

well we will have to agree to disagree. But i think the majority of Gooners feel the same as me. And you just ask opposition supporters if they like to see Senderos in the starting line - up. Flamini also filled in at left back at the time but does not mean he was better then A.Cole. even though he done well. What about last year when Senderos was mugged up by Torres. That cost us dear.But you have your opinion and i respect that

Agreed. Couldn't give a damn. I hope it's not in. Just to annoy you hazza. For the record....I also hope that the nets are identical to last years. ;-)

I dont give a shit about the nets anyway. Long tape is a nice little touch and makes a difference to the appearence of the game. it will make u feel like u really are playing with ronalo or torres etc. Obviously gameplay comes first but it is just good to see little things being added.

Last edited by a moderator:

Waaaaaaaheeyyyyy!!! another long tape fan. I also would love to see the likes of ronaldo and torres etc wearing there long tape. Would add individual realism.

Lads i have stumbled across something in the alves goal video that really excites me. Not sure about the rest of you lads but it looks like long tape will be in Fifa 09. Check these picks. Check the alves vid also and look closely. Jesus i hope it is long tape. sure looks like it.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u74/pooplatapoo/Untitled-1-3.jpg

Untitled-1-3.jpg

But i find it strange that the new accessorie is in the early build.

I just can't believe it !!! :DANCE: :w00t:

Thats why I was hoping foreign ps3 owners could anwser the question. Ferraritim seems to be in the uk, any foreigners with fifa08 for the ps3 in here?

I think all Ps3 Pal games have English language.

well we will have to agree to disagree. But i think the majority of Gooners feel the same as me. And you just ask opposition supporters if they like to see Senderos in the starting line - up. Flamini also filled in at left back at the time but does not mean he was better then A.Cole. even though he done well. What about last year when Senderos was mugged up by Torres. That cost us dear.But you have your opinion and i respect that

I enjoy seeing Senderos in the lineup :DD

Thank you AsterNzeyii im very happy too haha. But few other C**TS need too get there stupid opinions to there self. Long tape is a great addition to the game.

That'll go down a treat with the mods :LOL:

If somebody wants to have a wank over long tape or whatever, then who are we to stop them? I'd rather not have to read about said fantasies but freedom of speech and all that...

If long tape, shirts with rolled sleeves, half tucked shirts, purple boots, yellow grass, cycling shorts, and friendship bracelets aren't in the game then im not buying it

WHy do people get so fascinated about such silly little things? Nets, tape, untucked shirts, boots etc. It is quite sad really.

I want to play a video game of football with no nets, no tapes, no shirts, no boots. Old school style.

Back
Top Bottom