FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 09 - Discussion Thread

To be fair I dont think I have been looking hard enough at the changes, especially with the video footage.

I urge anyone that is doubting the changes to look at the FIFA08 v FIFA09 comparison video.The physics, dribbling, weight etc is definately improved.

I studied it hard and can clearly see whats different.

Give me better response and it has the potential to be a world beater, give me EURO 08 response and its a frisby.

Its just so tantilising, so lucious looking.FIFA is the whore of Babylon.....................beware.

YoungGun_UK, did you see or get injuries, has that been sorted for 09?

Yeh I did a few times, but i wouldnt look to much into that cause Adam mentioned this in the Podcast that the build we played had injuries occur more often to show us. :))

I'm concerned they'll dial it back down and it'll be just like Fifa08, ie barely any injuries and they only last 1 week.

I hope manager mode is tweaked. Just things like champ league games at night and finals at wembley etc. I also think that injuries should last longer than just a stupid week. Needs to be more like 2 or if a serious injury maybe even a month or 2 or even more lol. Would add more realism to the game as there would be more real life problems. Also an edit player mode in manager mode would be quality.

David Rutter has mentioned in one of the producers' videos free 360° control would be easy to implement, but it wouldn't work in practice. I don't think this is meant to affect player movement only...

Also I don't think I have that great skills on the analogue sticks, but passing/shooting still is 80% accurate ;)

PES has free passing, too (right stick) It feels "more manual" than FIFA. I'm not able to do even one successful pass!

How can it be "more manual"? It only has 8 directions :SS.

Thanks Rob, I was away today. ;)

[quoteI'm concerned they'll dial it back down and it'll be just like Fifa08, ie barely any injuries and they only last 1 week.[.quote]

Coincidence that, started a new MM with the new liverpool squad and gerrard was out for 3months. Never had that before, they need to up the amount of injuries though, a lot of players are out atleast once a season.

Yeah....that'll happen. But you might not get another injury for about a month or so. Players might leave the field with precautionary knocks but there aren't longer term injuries every week. My team only has a squad of about 20-22. If we had long term injuries every other week we wouldn't be able to field a team most weeks.

Coincidence that, started a new MM with the new liverpool squad and gerrard was out for 3months. Never had that before, they need to up the amount of injuries though, a lot of players are out atleast once a season.

I'm guessing you're simulating some or all of your matches?

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/897/897903p1.html

The NHL Be A Pro MMO thing again I keep praying is in fifa 09!

EA Sports, specifically its Vancouver branch, is changing that classic paradigm by delivering what they're calling sports gaming's first Massively Multiplayer Online (MMO) mode, branded as EA Sports Hockey League in NHL 09.

i hope so to, that would be just perfect for me

i think i would die if it was a ps3 exclusive

20th-24th August 2008.

EA, Konami and Sony along with others all have their media briefings and conferences on Wednesday 20th. :)

@ Placobe,

Yep, cant be bothered playing the likes of boro/fulham/ect in endlessly boring matches at les artes. So Im simulating most of the season and playing the big league and cup matches. Main goal is to win the CL, havent managed that yet :(

i hope so to, that would be just perfect for me

i think i would die if it was a ps3 exclusive
you wouldnt die, you would simply get a ps3 for it. its a big feature if ever and if you love playing footy games online then a ps3 is no brainer for such a HUGE feature but as i have said before, i HIGHLY doubt thats the ps3 exclusive though. i would be SHOCKED to teh extreme if it was. wont bother me as i have both consoles. such a great feeling to have the best of both worlds:LOL:

no need to worry about exclsuives and what not.

you wouldnt die, you would simply get a ps3 for it. its a big feature if ever and if you love playing footy games online then a ps3 is no brainer for such a HUGE feature but as i have said before, i HIGHLY doubt thats the ps3 exclusive though. i would be SHOCKED to teh extreme if it was. wont bother me as i have both consoles. such a great feeling to have the best of both worlds:LOL:

no need to worry about exclsuives and what not.

personally i think it would be a big mistake offering a feature like that as an exclusive to one console so i doubt it would be that.

we will find out soon enough!

personally i think it would be a big mistake offering a feature like that as an exclusive to one console so i doubt it would be that.

we will find out soon enough!

maybe sony paid for it to be an exclusive or maybe the xbox live interface cant cope with that sort of load online? does the 360 version of that hockey game have that feature? umm even if it did, that hockey game is what? 6v6 online?

we'l see anyway. we dont even know if fifa09 will even have the feature though

all i know is that feature would be perfect for me..

exactly the sort of thing i am looking for in a online football game

@ Placobe,

Yep, cant be bothered playing the likes of boro/fulham/ect in endlessly boring matches at les artes. So Im simulating most of the season and playing the big league and cup matches. Main goal is to win the CL, havent managed that yet :(

:DD

@ Placobe,

Which is why you got a long term injury, they happen when you simulate matches, they don't happen when you play matches.

How is it a mistake?
mistake in his eyes because he doesnt have and want a ps3 and i can see ALOT of pissed of 360 fans complaining if ever it was that ps3 exclusive EA have been talking about.

here is a thought aimed at ps3 users. now that we know more or less what ps3's Home is all about, what if we can actually use our "Home" avater/character in BE A PRO in fifa!!

create yourself in Home and use that same character playing online in be a pro. now that would be brillient! That could be the exclsuive feature for the ps3 version. it wouldnt piss off the 360 fans soo much but it will certainly make alot of ps3 users excited! Add to the fact that this exclsuive mode is likely to have somthing to do with Home rather then a full fledge online feature

Back
Top Bottom