FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

This time in two weeks? TWO WEEKS? Give me some credit.

At FSB we get review copies. Two weeks? I'll be moaning about the flaws sooner than that.

:twisted:

Keith, I like you. That's what I'm thinking as well. As Gomito said perfectly, I was watching the Marseille v Liverpool game, then afterwards I put the FIFA 09 demo on and appreciated just how close to realism the game is.

Shots going over the bar? Happens all the time, otherwise games would be 5-5 every week. Learn how to tame the power-bar. Referees card-happy? No, because in reality if you slide-tackle and miss the ball completely you will get a card. Don't press slide-tackle unless you're sure you'll win it. I'm not saying the game is perfect, no game is perfect, but those things aren't faults. You just have to learn to play the game and, if you know enough about real football (i.e. you don't sprint for 90 minutes alá PES), it won't take forever.

God help us if these people have a say in the changes made in the next FIFA. They have everything they want in PES, let them play that.
spot on lad. i like fifa as it is. making it "easier" to shoot will just fuck up the game

Sorry if this is a stupid question but I am PES convert so I know very little about FIFA...

How can I select which player takes a free kick for me that is neither a Direct free kick nor a long direct free kick. I am talking about those free kicks that are for example in or around the corner area, I seem to be unable to select a kicker for certain free kicks. Is there something that I don't notice here or what ??

Sorry if this is a stupid question but I am PES convert so I know very little about FIFA...

How can I select which player takes a free kick for me that is neither a Direct free kick nor a long direct free kick. I am talking about those free kicks that are for example in or around the corner area, I seem to be unable to select a kicker for certain free kicks. Is there something that I don't notice here or what ??
You can select kick takers in the menu system, the same as you would to make a sub or change tactics...

yeah i would like to know too cuz in PC version you could just hold the R1 and choose your player with the d-pad.

Yeah I know about the kick taker selection in the menu screen but sometimes the players that I select there don't take my free kicks specially the free kicks that are to the sides of the pitch. I'll try the R1 + d-pad thanks.

On the subject of freekicks, what are the buttons when you select a second player to

A) Lay it off
B) Let the second player take it

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

nice video airjoca!!

Best thing for me was Lampard's goal at 3:22!!!
those were impossible in past fifas...i love it!

btw how do u protect the ball like u did with milan gk? is it with the pace control/special dribles button?

mate, do you think its easier to do the moves on ps3, your really fucking good at them

I've played the PS3 demo a few times, but I simply need the 360 pad for this game.

Still, I'd say it's almost the same on both consoles.

what level difficulty is that on

btw i enjoyed that good stuff

Mostly on Intermediate (Professional), a few on Experienced (World Class).

I really think the difficulty in the demo is toned down though.

it seems the bigger physical teams do well in this demo, Toronto are a bitch to get by sometimes, Obi Mikel is a strong fucker wins almost all the tackles i've put him in.

@gameklip,

without touching the directional stick, they automaticaly pivot to keep the ball away from the single closest defender.

i like the new shielding, but sometimes i just want to R2 stop the ball, without the pivoting.

Last edited:
Why is it when I press shoot, I cannot move that player again until such time as the keeper, or another player, has touched the ball?

Back
Top Bottom