FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

I wii be definately buying this game but rumours are amazon are recieving this game on 23rd so you can bet some people will have this a week before release :O(

Just found this on hotdeals uk for people who havnt yet ordered..works out around 33 quid

VOUCHERS: £3 off £30 at Game.Co.UK

Hi guys spent a while looking for this myself

Using the code.... NW04GME4

You get £3 off

In total for any of the games you will pay £36.99

You can also get up to 11% Quidco, so you will be saving more, i also added the game reward thing, so you get discount in the future and get more quidco but more...

Last edited:
Blockbuster will get there supply on the 30th and fortunatley my mate who works there has been told they will break release and sell on the 1st to increase sales.

Hey I've Pre Ordered from Shopto, I normally dont bother with it but with the fact I may get it a day or two before release is worth it, Also I just clicked on the "Pre Order" button and got a Email saying they have recieved my Order but no request for my Card detaills? Will I have to add them later before they dispatch it.

After playing the demo some more, I still think that shooting needs sorting. It's pretty wank if I'm honest about it at the moment :((. I'm not bothered about shots going over the bar/wide etc, it's the fact that EVERY single shot is fucking floaty and shit. Seriously let's the game down and could be a gamebreaker for me if it's not fixed :((.

After playing the demo some more, I still think that shooting needs sorting. It's pretty wank if I'm honest about it at the moment :((. I'm not bothered about shots going over the bar/wide etc, it's the fact that EVERY single shot is fucking floaty and shit. Seriously let's the game down and could be a gamebreaker for me if it's not fixed :((.

I wouldnt say they are Fifa 08 floaty sometimes unrealistic movement like gust of wind wips ball like its floater. You can get some real venom behind them now so they travel but the difficulty is keeping the shots down its interesting dilema but you dont want it going in 100% all time.

Try this mate. Either push the ball to your right or left with the RS while facing the goal and powering up a shot, or as you are running towards goal outside the box, make sure to let go of RT(sprint)button just as your player knocks the ball ahead during his sprint and power up your shot. This two tips will keep your shots low, on target and powerful.

If you shoot while holding RT outside the box, it usually sends the shot over like a balloon which I myself hate. I really wish EA would implement a practice tutorial mode in this game.

Last edited:
I have tried shooting without holding sprint, and making sure the player is balanced. Doesn't make a difference to me.

Have you tried the modifier? r2 on new alternative? For me that gives a difference making the ball stay lower and having a less "sharp" angle of elevation.

Just played the 360demo after playing the ps3 one. Can't tell much difference tbh, atleast not during actual gameplay. Replay's maybe a bit smoother but its not by much.

I have tried shooting without holding sprint, and making sure the player is balanced. Doesn't make a difference to me.

I have found that if you just give the shoot button the quickest tap - then most of the time you get a good low shot. To make sure I tap it quick enough I give two quick taps (even though the second tap does nothing) as how you would do a middle cross.

It is working for me and hardly any floaters and quite a few rasping along the ground shots :DD

Surprisingly it is only due to go gold within the next few days. Bearing in mind that the demo code was three weeks old as it was, I'm hoping to see even more improvements.
That can't be right except maybe at a push the PC version that doesn't need to go through certification before release, even then they'd be pushed getting through manufacturing and distributing enough copies for release time.

On consoles you're looking at at least two weeks for certification so generally around a month before release would be the very latest possible for getting the master sent off to the console manufacturers and more realistically that's when you'd be hoping to hear your game had passed certification.

The only way demo feedback since its release would make a difference to the full game now is if they do a downloadable update.

If you are hitting floaters then it's because you are blasting infront of goal,relax and take your time Timothy there's a good lad.:-pp

Have to say I'm starting to be swayed by watching allot of these goals, and if the full version is said to be more responsive then great.

Being a PC gamer for most my years my only realistic option was PES but as the Wife is letting me get a 1080p tv and PS3 (Swayed her with the Blu Ray option)i'm looking forward to seeing how it pans out on release.

Only draw back is she said I can have the TV now and PS3 at christmas.

I did play fifa 08 on the 360 but far to sluggish for me, so how much has it changed since then?

what is she your mommy too? :)

That can't be right except maybe at a push the PC version that doesn't need to go through certification before release, even then they'd be pushed getting through manufacturing and distributing enough copies for release time.

On consoles you're looking at at least two weeks for certification so generally around a month before release would be the very latest possible for getting the master sent off to the console manufacturers and more realistically that's when you'd be hoping to hear your game had passed certification.

The only way demo feedback since its release would make a difference to the full game now is if they do a downloadable update.
I'm only reporting what we're being told but perhaps I've made a mistake there; we're being told the discs are getting pressed starting this weekend. I was presuming that meant the code wasn't gold yet but we haven't received an explicit email stating that it has or hasn't. I apologise if it has gone gold but we haven't heard anything saying that it has, and you'd think the guys we're in touch with would tell us considering they've told us the discs are getting pressed this weekend. In-fact they're saying on the EA forums they're working hard on getting a last few tweaks in based on demo feedback - but that's on the PC part of the forum admittedly.

Aside from that, we've been told the demo code was three weeks old but with the latest database imported, and that the final code will be more advanced than the demo.

Last edited:
Try Shopto.com, it's worked for me in the states.

thanx, but the problem with shopto is that they dont do express shiping(fedex, dhl, ups) to brazil, than with the normal mail it would take too long for the game to arrive, so it would be pointless to import it from europe since the US version will be out after a while, and its a bit cheaper to get that one than the UK version here.

i just need someplace or some kind english soul that can ship this to me via fedex or ups..i would pay by paypal in advace with the shipping charges include.

if someone is up for it, please pm me.
thanx a lot!

So I'm in this hotel room with a Maxmen cover model. She quickly seduces me and proceeds to undress me. Then she starts to strip as well, as I get hotter and hotter...

And then, just when I think she's gonna jump on me, she says goodbye and leaves... :(

That's how the (short) FIFA09 demo feels like... :lol:

Question for those who played the demo (got a 360 but have no hard drive yet); how are the player placements on corner kicks? Is there any way to adjust them? My biggest gripe in FIFA over the years have been that the centerbacks seem to NEVER come up for the corner kicks. Even in FIFA 08 (unless I am missing something), you can use the defender attack mode on and you'll usually only see your side backs come up for corners... which in my case becomes useless since I use Man U (resulting in Evra and Neville in the box for corners. Pff.). Even when the centerbacks come up rarely, they are usually at the edge of the box, making them essentially useless for heading purposes. Not to mention you will see small forwards/wingers like Tevez, Park, and whatnot in the box that clearly don't belong in there. My only way around this in 08 has been switching the players manually into the forward position when the ball is out of play (e.g: switching Vidic for Tevez and Ferdinand for Rooney), which gets very annoying after a while since I have to switch them back. In PES you can have your centerback come up into good position if you go full red on the team attack level, but in FIFA it has always frustrated me.

I think football games need to make this fully customizable as it is important part of the game...

just play again and again,and kinda frustrated with passing. i use the manual last time and I'm fucking bollocks to it,so i use semi. what i feel annoying is usually when i pass from my midfield to my full back that running on the sideline,the pass is like ok,i mean the power is normal,i really think he should receive it easily,but in fact, he just pass by the ball without touching it. it's like just a step from him to the ball but he didn't take it. i mean it is scripted,he ran thru 1 lane and didn't manage to get the ball, cuz his movement is scripted,not much but it is obvious and annoying. so does changing player. it didn't change to the player that i want and player that suppose to be control. usually when CPU play a long high ball and there's 2 my defender chasing the ball with the opponent and 1 of my defender is more nearer and will reach the ball 1st while now i'm controlling the other player. i try to change to him but the cursor didn't move.it stick to the player who is far and will surely lost the ball. i press over and over it didn't help. and also the right analog stick change player also no.it's annoying. that's why i only win few times with toronto. darn. wish this could be sorted. nway that didn't stop me playing :LOL:

I wii be definately buying this game but rumours are amazon are recieving this game on 23rd so you can bet some people will have this a week before release :O(

Just found this on hotdeals uk for people who havnt yet ordered..works out around 33 quid

VOUCHERS: £3 off £30 at Game.Co.UK

Hi guys spent a while looking for this myself

Using the code.... NW04GME4

You get £3 off

In total for any of the games you will pay £36.99

You can also get up to 11% Quidco, so you will be saving more, i also added the game reward thing, so you get discount in the future and get more quidco but more...

I used the code yesterday to pre-order GH:WT, but it's let me use it again for FIFA :DD So I've ordered it for £36.99, earned £2 in points and got it tracked through Quidco as well :DD

I'm loving the demo so far, but there are a few glitches I'm hoping to be fixed in the final:

- far too much curl on free kicks
- advantage rule is a mess
- no own goals

I'm still surprised how much EA have improved the game. I can't remember any (annual) sports game series that has made such a great jump into the right direction within one year.

I'm loving the demo so far, but there are a few glitches I'm hoping to be fixed in the final:

- far too much curl on free kicks
- advantage rule is a mess
- no own goals

I'm still surprised how much EA have improved the game. I can't remember any (annual) sports game series that has made such a great jump into the right direction within one year.

I agree with the first 2 points, but not with the third. I've had many own goals, both by me or by the cpu. And all looked realistic and Fun, even mine!

Back
Top Bottom