FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

I love how it's easier to get cards in this game a did a test I put on FIFA 08 2 min and hacked the opposition down every time they got the ball and I didn't get a single red card tried it on the FIFA 09 demo and forfeited the match just after half-time. Brilliant! I also like how the CPU does fouls aswell.

I scored a brilliant goal the other night as well, what happened was I ran down the wing and got in the area and accidently pressed pass instead of shoot so the keeper bent down to pick it up and just before it got in his hands another player came in, slid and poked it in the corner. It really pissed off my brother :-pp

I think the fact that the CPU players now mistime challenges and misplace passes is great, roll on Oct 3

guys...

What seems to be the most popular speed to play the game on??

sorry i cant be bothered to read through all these pages!!

cheers.

What level are you playing matches on against the cpu in 08?
From playing the demo I think that manager mode might have to start on semi-pro, although judging from how much difference there was in the demo of 08 to the actual game,I'm sort of hoping that the cheating on the higher levels might be curbed enough to allow for a fair game to be played.
Euro08 was just hopeless on the higher levels; off-line.

World Class I think, haven't changed it in so long I don't notice, either World Class or Professional :)

And if you want a challenge remember to play on manual if the highest settings is too easy. I think EA needs to point this out because a lot of people don't seem to realise this and just play with assisted settings.

And if you want a challenge remember to play on manual if the highest settings is too easy. I think EA needs to point this out because a lot of people don't seem to realise this and just play with assisted settings.

Hopefully they will this year. There's an achievement on the 360 for winning a game on fully manual settings so it may convert a few.

Hey guys, what is the best way to upload a video? I scored a wonder goal with drogba and the best of all is that it was with manual settings. I really wont to show u. I'm done recording it with my cam and i have also named the video on youtube and browse it to upload but when i press the "Upload video" button then i get message saying it's uploading but it is like that for 20 minutes. Anyone who can help?

Yeah that's the really good thing about being able to change all controls to manual, you can find the balance that works for you best in terms of in game difficulty + control difficulty, if the AI cheating of Legendary/World Class pisses you off just slap everything onto manual and Professional becomes a good challenge again :)

I really really think, especially after going back to play a match on FIFA08, that the difficulty of the demo is toned down to allow newcomers to feel more confortable. I'm willing to bet the final game will be harder.

Also, as I've mentioned before, attributes. I'd like someone to test this out since i've only been able to test it against the computer. Try putting your most offensive minded player who is still fast/strong (ronaldinho, kaka etc) as a central defender... does it make a difference? I'm trying it out now and so far..... not so much. with ronaldinho and boriello at the back, they still maintain pretty good positioning and tackle well. Does anyone notice a difference in tackling skills separate from just strength? Also are we noticing a big enough difference in passing skills? Trapping?

To me the game plays such a great game of football, if attributes still don't really matter it would be a real shame as I think it's a huge part of the game... someone who can play multiplayer (and is willing) test this and tell me what you think :)

bump :) anyone able to try this? thoughts?

i will try it now :)

OK i have drogba n malouda at centre back for chelsea...

on a side note you can now put a player in goal...on 08 it wouldnt allow you to put an outfield player in goal!

OK strangley enough im playing better with the defence in attack and viceversa :lol:. Biggest difference i noticed was I was more likely to get a goal in the air....but didnt stand a chance running at players/shooting from long distance.

Toronto had a men sent off so didnt trouble my defence at all.

Last edited:
According to this guy u can get booked for celebrating, WTF?

is this true?

i've just been playing Fifa 09 demo and when scoring a goal i have been using the L3 R3 sticks to do the goal celebrations

one of my players was on a yellow allready and when he scored i used L3 R3 sticks to do celebration and he got a 2nd yellow for it and set off

I LOVE how the dynamics of the team change depending on the lineup. I decided to play deco mikel n ballack in the midfield and i wasnt as aggresive in MF as with essien n lampard.

anelka in for drogba. headers were shit but one ball over the top anelka onto it in a flash...keeper came as he thought CB was stranded...almost lobbed him as he ran back to his net but i just clipped the angle.

never been so impressed with a game. player individuality is definately there.

i will try it now :)

OK i have drogba n malouda at centre back for chelsea...

on a side note you can now put a player in goal...on 08 it wouldnt allow you to put an outfield player in goal!

OK strangley enough im playing better with the defence in attack and viceversa :lol:. Biggest difference i noticed was I was more likely to get a goal in the air....but didnt stand a chance running at players/shooting from long distance.

Toronto had a men sent off so didnt trouble my defence at all.

Haha, well to be fair Drogba could probably own Toronto FC in defense even in real life :) But to me if this is the case even in multiplayer it will be very disappointing, it would essentially mean tackling and positioning stats mean nothing which will really bother me.......

last night i play against marseille, cisse' score a goal,and suddenly after he celebrating,just before the kick off,the referee booked him. i don't know what had he done,but i'm like, yeah go for it mr. referee. :LOL:

According to this guy u can get booked for celebrating, WTF?

i've just been playing Fifa 09 demo and when scoring a goal i have been using the L3 R3 sticks to do the goal celebrations

one of my players was on a yellow allready and when he scored i used L3 R3 sticks to do celebration and he got a 2nd yellow for it and set off

is this true?

More like he got a second yellow for a bad tackle that happened previously and he's putting 2+2 together to make 5......

last night i play against marseille, cisse' score a goal,and suddenly after he celebrating,just before the kick off,the referee booked him. i don't know what had he done,but i'm like, yeah go for it mr. referee. :LOL:

See above......

Back
Top Bottom