FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

You support Tottenham but play as Manchester City? :confused:

aha, i try all teams. :) i may just nick their players for my spurs in manager mode. lets hope i'm better with negotiating with Dubai firms than Ashley of newcastle. (low blow :P) :D

also have to totally disagree with the complaints about the shooting....i mean its sensitive no doubt and you have to tap quite a bit quicker than in 08 but i still feel like i can choose between top and bottom corners most of the time (hitting the target on manual is another discussion hahaha)
i wish on fouls and off side calls that players would react instead of just running around. its a small thing that would make a big difference for me. so much of the game is done so well that i feel like im watching a real match but its little things like this that snap me out...

aha, i try all teams. :) i may just nick their players for my spurs in manager mode. lets hope i'm better with negotiating with Dubai firms than Ashley of newcastle. (low blow :P) :D

ye me too. whats the fun of playing the same guys all the time? ....especially when the variety of playing styles in the game is so well represented?

The camera still turns after scoring a goal in dynamic camera. The game is awesome, no doubt about that but I hate to score because of this! :-( I hope EA will make a patch to disable celebration mode... It's really THAT poor!

For me the fun is in playing the team I support, making them better, getting them promoted, winning things, getting into Europe, all with my team....

i feel you and im the same way with manager mode.....but do you always play with your supported team online as well? perhaps you only play offline?
i really like improving my team by signing all the players i wish the team would (or could haha) sign. after a bit im always most excited about new signings and how they will change the dynamic of my team. man i sound like a nerd. oh well...

About shooting:

I've only had problems of shots balooning over the bar when:

- I'm sprinting with RT and shoot at the same time.
- I shoot with the players weak foot.
- My player is under a lot of pressure
- When my player is unbalenced/not aligned with goal.

If I shoot under none of the above conditions, I usually shoot pretty well... :)

Yeah shooting is so different this year because so many factors are taken into account

I like the fact that alot of shots are high wide and handsome because you see more of them than you do crackers in real life

i feel you and im the same way with manager mode.....but do you always play with your supported team online as well? perhaps you only play offline?
i really like improving my team by signing all the players i wish the team would (or could haha) sign. after a bit im always most excited about new signings and how they will change the dynamic of my team. man i sound like a nerd. oh well...

I only play offline yes, and I don't like making a stupid fantasy team by signing Gerrard and Ronaldo and Messi and all that rubbish, I take the real players and make them better by experience then add a few <23 year old free signings to build on :)

Don't post fucking football spoilers outside of the football threads please, some of us watch matches on delay.

If you are really interested in a team, or a result you watch the game live, you can watch any game live no matter what country you are in, so dont give me that shit, and I didnt exactly spoil it, didn't mention the score.

I only play offline yes, and I don't like making a stupid fantasy team by signing Gerrard and Ronaldo and Messi and all that rubbish, I take the real players and make them better by experience then add a few <23 year old free signings to build on :)

ye i dont get pumped on big stars either. i think i got in the habit of always searching for cheap young players from the master league in pes because it kind of forces you to do that (on the higher difficulty levels).
i suppose its all relative though....do you consider agbonlahor a fantasy player? its guys like him and jefferson farfan and giovanni dos santos that im always looking to sign.....

ye i dont get pumped on big stars either. i think i got in the habit of always searching for cheap young players from the master league in pes because it kind of forces you to do that (on the higher difficulty levels).
i suppose its all relative though....do you consider agbonlahor a fantasy player? its guys like him and jefferson farfan and giovanni dos santos that im always looking to sign.....

i'm definately with you on the the dos santos or young players with huge potential but i also like to scout for players cos its always like a lucky dip you don't know what your gonna get and you can sell them off at end of the season if they're crap for double the price:SMOKIN:

i'm definately with you on the the dos santos or young players with huge potential but i also like to scout for players cos its always like a lucky dip you don't know what your gonna get and you can sell them off at end of the season if they're crap for double the price:SMOKIN:

i actually never worked that option in 08 maybe in 09 ill give it a shot. i know back in the day in nhl 95 i used to build an entire team of fictional game designed young dudes and that was always a lot of fun.

About shooting:

I've only had problems of shots balooning over the bar when:

- I'm sprinting with RT and shoot at the same time.
- I shoot with the players weak foot.
- My player is under a lot of pressure
- When my player is unbalenced/not aligned with goal.

If I shoot under none of the above conditions, I usually shoot pretty well... :)

just like real life then eh? well whaddayaknow? ;))

OK first off I'm really liking what I'm seeing mostly. And since we've heard most of the positives, just a few things I'm worried about:

Are the arrows that you can set for each individual player gone? If they've taken this out because of custom tactics I will be upset- custom tactics effects the whole team but what if i want to set something for just one player? what if i want zambrotta going forward and jankulovski staying back? I hope this is just cause of the demo. I'm holding out hope it is cause I also can't see the 'player traits' screen, which I assume they haven't removed.

Also, as I've mentioned before, attributes. I'd like someone to test this out since i've only been able to test it against the computer. Try putting your most offensive minded player who is still fast/strong (ronaldinho, kaka etc) as a central defender... does it make a difference? I'm trying it out now and so far..... not so much. with ronaldinho and boriello at the back, they still maintain pretty good positioning and tackle well. Does anyone notice a difference in tackling skills separate from just strength? Also are we noticing a big enough difference in passing skills? Trapping?

To me the game plays such a great game of football, if attributes still don't really matter it would be a real shame as I think it's a huge part of the game... someone who can play multiplayer (and is willing) test this and tell me what you think :)

If you are really interested in a team, or a result you watch the game live, you can watch any game live no matter what country you are in, so dont give me that shit, and I didnt exactly spoil it, didn't mention the score.

dude be respectful. some people work and cant watch the games live. welcome to reality my friend

Yeah shooting is so different this year because so many factors are taken into account

I like the fact that alot of shots are high wide and handsome because you see more of them than you do crackers in real life

coopz do you know what that avatar is? ohhhhh oh ohhhhhhhh ohhhh oh ohhhhhhh oh

you tyring to piss off becanes?

dude be respectful. some people work and cant watch the games live. welcome to reality my friend

co-sign...
theres 100% no need to spoil these kind of things in THIS thread..theres a specific thread/section for that talking and people that cant wacth the games live(like me and placebo for instance) dont go there at macth times for a reason.

anyways i think he didnt do it conciously...so, no harm taken.

My Transfer list for 09

Uche - Getafe
Mikel - Chelski
Obodo - Udinese
Wilshere - Arsenal
Fabianski - Arsenal
Chrisantus - Hamburg
Zidan - Dortmund
Guiza - Fenerbahce
Senderos - Arsenal
Lucio - Bayern
Traore - Arsenal

lol

Don't know if it was mentioned, but when using the modifier (l2 on new alternative) shots have far more dip. Was in the arena with Niang from marseille and tried them and his shots really had some dip in them. Try it with ronaldinho and its far less obvious.

Gave the demo a real good session last night. Still loving it immensly. Just a couple of negatives that i took from last night.
- OFFSIDES : Had 2 occassions last night when my forward was given offside when he was still inside my own half.
- REFEREE ADVANTAGE : A few times when the ref has let play continue and my player has the ball and is in a good forward position the ref then blows for a free kick.

Also why does the white kits have a pinky look to them. Is it because the match is played at DUSK or perhaps just my TV.

And do you think we will ever see the player name graphics on the shirts corrected. Kaka for example is way s t r e t c h e d. Looks crap. All that hard work ea do on graphics and yet they seem to let that go by the wayside time after time.

And lastly do you think that the harshness of the refs will be turned down a little for the final version? Think i remember Suff saying on his podcast from Canada that the game was delibrately harsh to give a taster of the fouls/referee physics. Hope so.

Back
Top Bottom