FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

Nope never, I very seldom get more than 3 or 4 goals a game and usually only a couple, I play on all manual so it makes it far more realistic, plenty of chances but most off target or saved :)

the 1st week i play i use all manual and find it very hard yet realistic matches. but after 100+ matches, i now turn to semi as i did more miss passes to the opponent which i think got some problem with my hand. haha. now it's more realistic with almost accurate passing even there's some miss passes. i think the manual through ball in 09 is a bit hard cuz the gauge seems very slow to increase to the power that i want and the ball is already move off my feet. and the ball is very slow and inaccurate. i hope this is a bug not the actual ball cuz it makes the thru pass almost impossible. right now my thru pass all coming from the manual pass, which is more nicer and accurate. :)

I'm looking forward to Manager Mode even more, now that the AI play good football and also make mistakes every now and then. Not the 'super human' AI that was on '08; i felt like i was being cheated all the time.

IGN: I hear that every player on the pitch in this mode is set to the same attribute level. Why do this? Shouldn't I be rewarded for building up my character in the offline Be A Pro mode?
Rutter: Linking your offline character in Be A Pro is a great idea and is something we are certainly looking at doing. But for this year, because it's a new concept and game mode, we didn't want to penalize people who supported lower tier clubs. We don't always want people to play as Barcelona or Real Madrid; sometimes we want them to play as Toronto FC. If Toronto FC had the same level of player attributes they I would be judged on my controller skills rather than the attributes of my virtual player on the pitch. So it is all about being a better player of the game then a better player in the game.

At which point I was wondering what that overall rating will be, until I came across the new Q&A yesterday which explained:

Q: Will the strength of the goalie be the same in all clubs?
A: Yes, all players are levelled to an 85 overall.

Q: What kind of strength will the CPU controlled players have? Will a Rooney be stronger than a Pantelic or will all CPU players have the same strength?
A: All players are levelled to an 85 overall. The individual attributes have all been set to relative strengths of the player’s preferred position. So all CBs will have the same set of stats and all RWs will have the same set of stats, but their attributes will be different based on the needs of their position. If a user moves a player out of their preferred position, their overall rating may drop.​

So...from what I can tell there will be two ratings:

• The players' overall ability - which dictates the potential of the virtual player on the field according to the breakdown of attributes that differ depending on position. So players will control strikers, defenders, mids,etc that each has an overall 85 ability rating, to make it fair across the board. And the quote from the Q&A above seem to suggest that this overall rating might dip below 85 if he's not utilized properly, which in turn makes the virtual footballer less efficient to use.
  • The performance rating - post-match result. How well you make use of that 85-rating virtual footballer. Whether you're connecting passes, delivering accurate crosses, etc Essentially, your controller skills and how good you are as "player of the game" (as pointed out by Rutter)
Thanks.

That cleared everything up.

Does anyone know if we'll have to play with current players (ie. Drogba, Ronaldo, Gallas) or will we create out own player appearances?

I'm guessing that's the PC/PS2 version list, because the Portuguese stadiums have been in those versions in the past...

But I hope and wish they're all in the PS3/360 version.

i c...
some guy posted this claiming its for ps3/360, he said it was confirmed in the oficial fifa forums...i couldnt find the original post there..
ima guessing its for the 360/ps3 becasue the pc version already has white hart lane stadium, and this one is not in that list...

i just wish this argentinian league confirmation is true! ive been waitin for that league for a long time.

The one thing that was missing for me in FIFA08 was the option for you to control both teams in a league set-up,be it manager mode or a straight forward league season.
Used to annoy me that you could'nt play a league with a mate other than playing on the same side.
Does anyone know if this is possible in the new game.

The one thing that was missing for me in FIFA08 was the option for you to control both teams in a league set-up,be it manager mode or a straight forward league season.
Used to annoy me that you could'nt play a league with a mate other than playing on the same side.
Does anyone know if this is possible in the new game.

Yeh you could. You select another human next to the team at the start of the whole set up of the league

or was that just the cup

Hey guys, ive read a fair few interviews on fifa09's online clubs mode but do any of you know do you dedicate yourself to a position when you sign in? Or is it a free for all when the game starts, i.e whoever is quickest can choose to take over the striker

Im asking because in one interview rutter says "as a manager you can scout for players by position" implying you choose a position and stick with it

I gave Drogba a good kicking and he had to go to the sideline for treatment,it was about 12secs later he's waving to come back on and then you see the ref calling him on.Class.

i c...
some guy posted this claiming its for ps3/360, he said it was confirmed in the oficial fifa forums...i couldnt find the original post there..
ima guessing its for the 360/ps3 becasue the pc version already has white hart lane stadium, and this one is not in that list...

i just wish this argentinian league confirmation is true! ive been waitin for that league for a long time.

I wish it's true also. Portuguese stadiums would make me very happy... :)

The demo is too fucking short to get any momentum going. Its a constant midfeild scrap at the moment, I wish they could have done a 6 minute game.

Anyway.I suppose it wets the appetite for the full version.

The only thing that is pissing me off around the FIFA series is the lack of a trainning mode.How the fuck can you practice variations on free kicks with just one player?? I dont like having to play a match to improve and the arena is only any good for tricks and shooting...........................shame.

The demo is too fucking short to get any momentum going. Its a constant midfeild scrap at the moment, I wish they could have done a 6 minute game.

Anyway.I suppose it wets the appetite for the full version.

The only thing that is pissing me off around the FIFA series is the lack of a trainning mode.How the fuck can you practice variations on free kicks with just one player?? I dont like having to play a match to improve and the arena is only any good for tricks and shooting...........................shame.

I used to spend hours on PES Training back in the day, always completing every challenge... FIFA needs this. I bet it would help newcomers to the series adapt a lot faster...

Can anyone who has played human v human answer this question:

Does holding down A and B (X and O on PS) still work way too effectively? Or is it better to stand off someone and nip in at the right moment and block passing lanes? 08 was ruined online because of the such easy defending where people could just double team you and give you no space.

Just getting the hand of shooting on semi (does this make me shit..lol )
My settings are passing on semi , thru balls on manual, crossing on semi and lob passes on manual..Im also playing on normal although slow is ok too...

Some of the things I like is the way the ref does not forget to book people ..even several people at times after advantage has been played

I like penalties how u can chip holding the lob button and also im sure the right chip button places penalities rather than blasting them

People who are struggling using tricks they work more effectivley iff u take the ball on at pace..its easier to wrong foot people that way...very realistic

Can anyone who has played human v human answer this question:

Does holding down A and B (X and O on PS) still work way too effectively? Or is it better to stand off someone and nip in at the right moment and block passing lanes? 08 was ruined online because of the such easy defending where people could just double team you and give you no space.

I have played loads of human v human games but cant say i ever use B to pressure

ill give it a go later and find out though

seriously. how can anybody critise graphics of fifa now. before the players looked like orcs but what they have done is phenomenal to the players

screenshot_204356.jpg

screenshot_204355.jpg

screenshot_204354.jpg

Pro at one time was the best game but its just got silly lately. And graphically, they had the faces and now it seems ea have has taken their head outta their ass and improved not only the gameplay but also the faces.

It fustrates me to actually say i like a fifa game over pro bt thats the way cookie has crumbled. Heck, i am actually looking forward to all EA sports game now which is wierd

Hey guys, ive read a fair few interviews on fifa09's online clubs mode but do any of you know do you dedicate yourself to a position when you sign in? Or is it a free for all when the game starts, i.e whoever is quickest can choose to take over the striker

Im asking because in one interview rutter says "as a manager you can scout for players by position" implying you choose a position and stick with it
It will be free for all...players will have to scramble for the position of their liking at the lobby screen...and I suppose what Rutter meant is that you're probably able to search for players and sort them according to the position they play most effectively

lol

even looking now at pro, the reason the players looked good was because it was like a digital picture but now it looks like an action man figure.

anyways playing fifa now is smooth. it could be improved but it wasnt as jarring as fifa 08. heck i would say its the best fotball game i have played ever.

its got a good pace, not too slow cause players dont just walk around when they play but also not as quick as pro and its pick one player and drive through midfield constantly. i mean how many times do we see that in real football.

they could tweak the shooting more and the crossing.

btw, the ai is amazing. Players making the itellegent runs. infact, running in general, i used to hate when u are with the ball and the players refuse to move giving u no option but to use the player u had with the ball (fifa and pro were both guilty for this). Players actually trying to beat the offside trap. even sometimes, the refree gets the decision wrong (a couple of times, i have been onside and they have flagged). and drogba (strong as hell but falls down sometimes too easily).

great game to be i say.

sometimes, players would raise thier hands up for an offisde decision but you get to play on. pretty cool, but i definately think i was marginally offiside lool

Back
Top Bottom