FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

08 has always been sluggish. i gave up play it around feb/march. i have never given up on its rival PES although the last PES diddnt get a say past teh first few days of having it but still, in the past i always played PES from teh day i bought it, to the day the new one comes out.

I hope i get that same feeling with 09 but for 08? ha that was a poor game BUT better then nothing

Yeah, I've noticed that, looks like they've got rid of the annoying bug where the CPU GK won't release the ball while there is an attacker in the penalty area. This could lead to quick CPU counter attacks :)).

actually I meant, that the CPU Goalie throws the ball to MY attackers to give me easy goals
noticed that twice
I hope this will be solved

I posted this up on another board...anyone else notice this?

I think most people who are saying they blow shots way over the bar when shooting just dont have the right technique. I found that if you hold the sprint button and shoot that the shot will almost always fly way over. However if you let go of the sprint button just before you shoot, you will let off a cracker - which is very realistic in my opinion. How often do you see a player slow down just a little before he lets rip?

Try this technique out in the arena and I gurantee your shooting will improve.

Well, the reason I myself was a bit critical of the shooting was that if you are running full speed and shoot hard, I would expect not just shots going over, but also mishits that go very wide, or mishits that are driven into the ground and slowly bounce out of bounds. If you are sprinting full speed, I feel it is realistic to have the player have less control of the shot. :)

I am sorry you took my post as a dismissive tone towards the EA Forum, I expect there are many good posters on there. Yes, what I should have said was that IMO they prefer a more arcade game and not generalised the whole forum. No hard feelings :TU:

Well, maybe I misunderstood your tone a bit, like I said, it's not a big deal, just wanted to say something since there is so much "flaming" around here already, where people make comments and then throw in some type of insult at the end just to get someone else riled up. I meant no offence either, if my post came off as a bit crass. :)

Has anyone done a normal back heel in the demo, I have not played it too many times and the fact you could not do a simple back heel in 08 annoyed me. Not the shot towards goal thing off to the side, just a back heel on cue?...

I had KAKA do a backheel on a one-touch pass. Looked sweet. Maybe I've done one normally, but I can't be sure.

FSB: http://www.fifasoccerblog.com/ technically it's a "sister site" but it's staffed by different people, Suff is still part of WENB but I'm sure he'll quit that and dedicate his life to Fifa as soon as he's safe from being lynched by PES fans ;)

Cheers, just hoping to find out if any tweaks planned for final release. I know 08 demo was improved on by final release, so hoping this will be. Cant wait to get my hands on full game now, and start banging them in with Torres.

Last edited:
*Bows

Why thankyou, kind Sir.

The 2 minute thing is a right kick in the teeth, but I think its quite a clever ploy by EA, as it leaves you wanting more.

I just had John Terry sent off for calling the referee a fat cunt, but I was playing on ultra offensive......

ba-dum-tish! :lol:

thanks for the advanced skills vid btw guys. its all very do-able but harder to do in-game under pressure (as it should be).

controlling the top players will be fun.

Not sure I like the new shots. Often it seems you just have to tap the shot button to shoot a hard shot. But I want to hold it for a while and power up, it's a better feeling to me than just tap and then see a hard shot. I don't know, I'll probably get used to it. Like when you watch those Football Kingdom videos and the player powers up and you'll know there's gonna be a screamer.

Well having played the demo all weekend, I figured I would post my impressions - not that they really matter. :)

Fundamentally it is leagues ahead of Fifa08. I found the 2008 version a chore to play, it was unresponsive, slow, bland and I couldn't get "into" it like I did the older PES versions. It didn't have that, "Just one more go" feeling about it.

2009 has that crucial element. They have fixed the responsiveness, the speed is up a fraction (on slow) and the custom camera is an absolute godsend. I'm playing the demo on the medium difficulty and that is fine for me at the moment, in fact I have hardly scored a goal, but that doesn't matter. Coming to think of it, in 15 or so matches I have only scored 1 goal, but at least it felt like I scored it.

I've not witnessed any glitches, although sometimes the ref is quick to get the red card out. That is especially strange when it's played as an advantage first. The fact that the CPU put in crunching tackles that are punished is fantastic in my book.

My Mate nearly scored 2 cracking goals last night

one was a Di Canio style volley from kinda the same angle as his real goal that the keeper tipped over and the other was a back to goal swivel and volley that smashed the bar

how fluid and realistic the goals and attempts look in this game is unparalleled

I just had John Terry sent off for calling the referee a fat cunt, but I was playing on ultra offensive......

I expect better from such an upstanding member of the community. How can you look at yourself in one of your many mirrors after a ban joke like that?

One thing that I find a little annoying is when you try to block at shot with a tackle and the ball goes wide and the player trips on you and get a penalty. The thing is I tackle in front of him and then he later runs in to me. Mostly in real life I would say there would not be a penalty because the situation is over because the attacker had already finished and even if he was tripped after or not it wouldn't affect the shot.

It's not a big deal but I usually want to try to cover shots but it's way to risky in 09 because if you just touch someone it's a penalty.

Back
Top Bottom