FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 09 - Discussion Thread

For me,this is the best football game i've played other than PEs6. if you say fifa08 is better,i don't know what you've been playing before cuz it's obviously by far better (i'm talking bout the demo thou). few minor disadvantages is still there like frame drop in cutscenes and replay,corner. and the goalie diving very late after the ball pass him,and obviously is the goalie didn't came out for the ball even it's just few steps away from him,resulting i' scoring a very nice goal. haha. overall 8.5/10. superb//.
Ps: i do think xbox version is much better. feel the ps3 less sharper.

mark,to change gamespeed,standard on game setting is basic on top of screen,push r1,now you see advanced and match on top screen.
use d-pad to go down under pitch pattern,there you gave gamespeed.

it has been well over 48 hours since the demo was released on Xbox Live and still Silver users can't download it. What is it three days exclusive to Gold members? So annoying, I would think 48 hours would be enough to get their point across that they want people to buy live...

It sucks, Silver members have to wait 7 days to download demos. So we'll have to wait till' next week.

Why not create a new xbox live account to get 1 month's free gold? Assuming you haven't already got your 3x1 months free? Or you could buy a 48hr code off Ebay? Or you can download the demo off usenet and burn to DVD?

nick,just create US account dude
u can get the demo right away
i even have 3 account,EU,us, and singapore :LOL:

A strange bug happened when my PKs was about to start.

My keeper was walking in circles inside the goal and the screens flashed.
Then I saw that I scored a PK without shooting since I was the keeper 5 sec ago.

And since then, the score was messed up. When I scored or missed, it was only visible at my next shooter's turn and not during the CPU's turn.

Weird...

For those asking if the final version will be any different to the demo, Suff's just said this in the WENB podcast...

- Suff's played the final code a few days ago and says that the demo is not as good as the full game. He thinks the demo is an unfair representation, a lot of the animations have been cut out. It's like they have given you half the animations. With regards to how it plays it plays how you would expect it to, it gives a taster. The arena mode is 100% accurate to the real game. He agrees with us here, 2 minutes is just not enough time to get any sort of feeling for the game. Graphically it's almost on par, Suff's been focusing on the ps3 version this year as it's easier for him to play. In the final version the graphics are slightly advanced. He was told by EA that there is 3 weeks of work between the code he played and the gold code.

Why not create a new xbox live account to get 1 month's free gold? Assuming you haven't already got your 3x1 months free? Or you could buy a 48hr code off Ebay? Or you can download the demo off usenet and burn to DVD?

I think I have one more account to create so I thought I'd create that when I got the full release so I can try out the online part and see if it's something I would like to play more.

I had no idea you had to wait a full week, that's just silly, but I can wait thanks to nhl 09 being so good.

Good to see black players (Ronaldinho ) having normally colored arms.I mean on FIFA 08 the arms of blacks players were awful ,kinda like half normal skin and half burned skin.

it says on the podcast that animations have been left out of the demo..didnt think they would do this..I know you leave sounds out to keep the file size down as much as possible but didnt think they'd leave an essential part of the gameplay out..final version should be awsome..Im still struggling with shhoting on semi-assissted though..how do you place your shots..for example if im running at an angle toward goal I try to place it bottom corner but always seems to go straight at the keeper..any ideas what im doing wrong

it says on the podcast that animations have been left out of the demo..didnt think they would do this..I know you leave sounds out to keep the file size down as much as possible but didnt think they'd leave an essential part of the gameplay out..final version should be awsome..Im still struggling with shhoting on semi-assissted though..how do you place your shots..for example if im running at an angle toward goal I try to place it bottom corner but always seems to go straight at the keeper..any ideas what im doing wrong
Probably an earlier build, I doubt they would take those things out just for the demo, the shooting thing sounds similar to 08's I hope that's sorted...

Now the over analysis of the demo begins...

Probably an earlier build, I doubt they would take those things out just for the demo, the shooting thing sounds similar to 08's I hope that's sorted...

I think its more of time thing myself more then animation not there more time more likely going to see more animation in match.

But never know im sure they are tweaking the game all the time full version should be alot more polished hope solved blockyness on PS3 aswell.

After playing nearly 20 matches only drawbacks i can see are late responses of goalkeepers especially during one-on-ones (They don't rush out) and sometimes when you give an aerial through ball defensive players seem to respond late too

I find this screenshot somehow very funny
1683_0006.jpg

like Cech has some stomach ache
and by far my favorite screenshot
1683_0008.jpg

Can anyone confirm that even in the demo players look THAT good ?

If Suff was saying the final build is going to be much better than the demo it's going to be not just the best football game ever but the best GAME ever LOL!

I'm 95% certain based on this demo I'll have to get a console. I just watched Chelsea v Man City and the likeness all round to FIFA 09 was shocking.

I have only scored one headed goal so far, it really seems to be a tough thing to get good at. I seem to cause more trouble with triple circle crosses but making sure you get enough power in the aerial crosses appears to be key.

Still hate the way the tactics and squads are presented though, and I hope there is a half decent edit mode in FIFA?

Exactly, I already created 3 different profiles, thus my Gold free trials are done.

I'd buy a 12 month Gold card as I do enjoy playing online multiplayer but my internet connection kind of sucks and I would get a lot of lagg. I'll buy Live Gold once I have a better connection.

i played the PC version and PS3 version they have common points but in general console version is better in every aspect

Some thoughts...

FUCKING MILES BETTER THAN PES.

Super cancel should be like in ESPN NFL 2K5. In that game, you just have to move the stick, and the player will move where you want them to go. If you leave the stick neutral, then the computer will control the player.

There should be no button to hold down for when you want to position your player for a header. You should just have to move the stick to position your player.

Penalties should be like ISS on the N64.

Game is too fast. Real football is slower.

Dribbling should be full 360 degrees like off the ball movement.

Fantastic game though. Understand I am nit picking.

Back
Top Bottom