FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 09 - Discussion Thread

Goalies are great

i have not seen 1 keeper error and i have played it alot

The speed the keepers run out and how they spread their self is brilliant

Mine is broken too, but its going to be 3 weeks until I have it back! Still at least when its returned it shall be near the release of the full game (co-incidentally my birthday)

Anyway everything I've read and seen so far looks amazing, please keep the info coming!

It seems like the crowds havent been improved this year? Still a pixelly mess of hundreds of identical fans standing up in perfect synchronization? Thats a shame..

He's a disgrace to real Brazilian football fans like me.

Fifa 09 sounds amazing from the comments here, and looks amazing from the videos as well. Fifa 08 already surpassed PES so I'm sure 09 is incredible. Unfortunately my 360 is on the repair shop right now so I can't play, I'm getting it back tomorrow.

My hands are itching to play the game, I've been reading every post on this thread and seeing every vid.

I really need to try out the new improved shooting and the goalkeepers(my biggest complaints with 08) to see if they were really improved like you guys are saying.

Those comments sound like a desperate PES fan who refuses to show any objectivity at all. If PES was bringing the same new things Fifa is u would not hear the last of it.

Those comments sound like a desperate PES fan who refuses to show any objectivity at all. If PES was bringing the same new things Fifa is u would not hear the last of it.

Yeah like i said its a shame because all i want is a great game of footy whatever the name and im getting it

some people think they have ties to Konami for some reason and are missing out on one hell of a game

i need to ask about every video now because if the shooting is on assisted it dosnt deserve any credit

I cannot play FIFA 08 again now, I went on it just now and it seems so terrible after playing the 09 demo

I'm going to have to survive on this until release :-pp.

I am now going to start scoring own goals to avoid shootouts :)) That is a good idea which I didn't even give a thought to before. Thanks Placebo :TU:.

Also, that one song from the demo is starting to get on my nerves now.

yeah i always do that, can't wast more time taking penalty kicks in almost every match, it take more time then the actual game match. all i do in the last 5min of the game is, pass the ball to the gk, pres the running button with out any direction, so the ball go throw his legs, quick and simple.

Played like 7-10 games and I really really like it. It's super fluid, has superb animations, and flows like a real match. This is indeed a very early build since #1, Robinho is still in Madrid, and Jankulovsky is still in Milan instead of Atletico Madrid. #2, It was confirmed that there will be players vivible on the bench and there isn't here. So, it's obvious the final build will be different. My only major gripe is that gameplay is a tad bit too fast on "slow" mode. Just a tad. I could nit pick a little more but then again, you can find problems in any game, regardless how great. I see this as the absolute best footy game (along with WE9) I have ever played and it's just a demo. I expect some minor tweaks and some paint job touch ups in the final build. I think it'll be excellent and probably sports goty contender (along with NHL 09) so far.

my impression of the fifa09 demo so far is possitiv
especially the fact that the responsivnes and the players reaction, are greatly improved, from the last year unplayable fifa08 (before someone throw stones at me, i must say in my opinion) only that its a huge improvment for me.

what i also liked is, the players feel more lighter, and u feel u have more controll over them.
i also like the animations in the game, and there are lots of it.

players use they brain of the ball, and sems to move realisticly on the pitch, giving u lots of options to pass the ball.

the game sems more physiqul, more like premiership style of football, they fight for the ball in every situation, like streatch to win the ball, or diving header to clear it, pushing eachother strength to srength, its amazing. (me as a deffender, playing as a stopper in real life, i love it).
overall is a great football game, attacking and deffending is well balanced judging it from this short demo.

the only problem is in arena the player feels more responsiv and smother while controling them, and when he does the tricks, but in actual game, the game sems to heat some slowdowns, and that maybe is the reasen why.
i hope ea will fix that, before the game comes out.

i really would like to happen in the game one day well i hope, the that when cpu is controlling a skillfull player, he would try to play as he does in real life, dribble u, not even ones that ever happen before,
that was something i always wanted to be done, in the football games, so that we can't predict the cpu, whem i play, but i gues that, every companys focus is in online experience, so i don't think they will bother with al that much.

yeah i always do that, can't wast more time taking penalty kicks in almost every match, it take more time then the actual game match. all i do in the last 5min of the game is, pass the ball to the gk, pres the running button with out any direction, so the ball go throw his legs, quick and simple.

guys why dont you just pause the game in the last minute and select quit to the arena. A lot simpler. :-!

guys why dont you just pause the game in the last minute and select quit to the arena. A lot simpler. :-!
You can't quit to the arena on the 360 version, you can only quit the demo entirely and then go back in again, which is obviously a pain in the :censor:...

This is retarded

Frequent flyer 20
Win in every stadium

for just 20 points, that better be a gold trophy on the ps3

It was confirmed that there will be players vivible on the bench and there isn't here. So, it's obvious the final build will be different. .

Is this actually confirmed? I mean it would be so awesome if it was, but I thought it was just a rumor? (and it seems like quite a big feature to add in so late!)

MY IMPRESSIONS OF FIFA 09 DEMO

Well i am impressed. Firstly the game looks fine on my ps3. Cant understand comments saying it looks blurry and un-sharp. I have a 40"samsung 1080 and it looks stunning on my set up.

I like the menu design, very clear and easy to use.

The players likenesses are stunning imo. Love it when you see Terry in the tunnel before a game. Much improved over Euro2008 where the players had that waxy look to them. Kaka too looks superb.

I like the improved crowd graphics.

Now to the nitty gritty. The gameplay. Well i am very impressed. Feels more smooth than Euro. Faster buthave not changed the default speed settings as of yet. But although faster i think this can depend on how you play the game. I personally like to knock the ball around and have slow build ups so i find the pace fine for my style. The heading in this game is brilliant. It really takes good timing to win the challenges and there are so many diffrent animations. Shooting imo, is good. Better than Euro. I have scored 2 long range corkers already. Quite sensitive but think it just needs getting used to. Love the collision system. Love it when i sythed down Robben. Very lifelike. The AI is good too. They make mistakes and can be tackled unlike euro2008 when it seemed it was scripted, like when san marino turn into Brazil when you go 1-0 up against them.Cant wait til the full game. Shame the demo is 2 min halves as it does not give you time to really get in to a match. Cant understand why we could not have had longer. I mean its not as if it would stop you buying the full game. Could of done without the shootouts at the end or at least have the option to turn them off, gets very boring after a while. So all in all......I LOVE IT....ps wasnt the pro evo demo supposed to be out at the same time?

man i cant get enough of this demo lol i keep going back to it

it is just an incredible game, played SO many matches and i still see new animations here and there and also the goals are all different. love the fact that the keepers arent super humans anymore and NO MORE CHEAP CROSS GOALS!!! yay!! only scored like 1 goal from a cross lol

i also like how if you make a wrong pass the players that should have received the ball gets annoyed lol or when i try to make a great pass but is intercepted and the player who was supposed to receive it claps :D very nice touches

gripes and complaints in demo which i hope is sorted out in retail version:
1. can't select any other outfield player to take a throw-in, free kicks and corner kicks apart from assigning 1 free kick taker for each short and long distance. this is beyond annoying

2. i tried assigning captain to other player during a match and it says you're not allowed....what??? has fifa seen a real football match before when the captain is substituted?

how do you aim my shots without getting my player to turn? everytime i try to set power first and aim later, my guy always hits it down the middle. if i try to aim while shooting, he turns and always runs into a defender or out of scoring angles.

fuck that, i am using the free one and thats it, i only want updates for the Premier League anyway

I havent been able to read through every page yet, but is anyone seeing what I'm seeing, that it doesn't matter who you are or what team you're playing against, that the game is just as hard? I played many games Real against Toronto and it was very tough-- i then proceeded to play a few games with ME being Toronto against Chelsea and I held my own just the same! I really am aching to try the game multiplayer because i think this will get rid of some of the issues- but one thing im very worried about is that i thought this year would be a big emphasis on attributes, and so far it doesn't necessarily seem that way... I'd like to hear what u guys think, esp the ones that have played some multiplayer

Well i played alot with my bro and when we wee the "big" teams in the demo it was very tight and open (as in both teams looked like they could score)

but then i picked Chelsea and he picked Marseille and i DOMINATED the match, so for me teams do make a difference

Back
Top Bottom