FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 09 - Discussion Thread

I've just had the PS3 and the xbox 360 running this game at the same time and thee graphics on the 360 are noticeably crisper/clearer. . I was practicing pens in the arena on both consoles and I reckon the nets on the PS3 version are looser than the 360 ones especially when the ball hits the side netting. anyone else noticed this?

I've just had the PS3 and the xbox 360 running this game at the same time and thee graphics on the 360 are noticeably crisper/clearer. . I was practicing pens in the arena on both consoles and I reckon the nets on the PS3 version are looser than the 360 ones especially when the ball hits the side netting. anyone else noticed this?

Wow! that's weird. Are you playing the PS3 version on 720p?

The animation blending is crazy, i have got a clip with nesta stumbling over balance but he still manages to heads the ball way toward a team mate. I thought Drogba was going to race off with the ball with my defense wild out.

Panic defense>>>>>>>>>>

Last edited:

:lmao: Toronto getting beat 1-0, they get a corner in the 90th and their goalie comes up for the corner!

And what was even funnier, he won the header and just skimmed the post! :LOL:

Really can't wait for the full game :DD

And then when I take the goalkick, their goalie is on the halfway line sprinting back to his goal still :LOL:

Brilliant.

Last edited by a moderator:

:lmao: Toronto getting beat 1-0, they get a corner in the 90th and their goalie comes up for the corner!

And what was even funnier, he won the header and just skimmed the post! :LOL:

Really can't wait for the full game :DD
Damn!

I shall set that up just to see it

The way the AI keeps the ball well at the end when they are winning is frustrating, but I like it because it's realistic.

I also had the AI score an overhead kick against me, not as good as that one just posted but still surprised me when it went in.

The way the AI keeps the ball well at the end when they are winning is frustrating, but I like it because it's realistic.

I also had the AI score an overhead kick against me, not as good as that one just posted but still surprised me when it went in.
OMDZ!!!

I conceded an own goal to Toronto, when it was about the 80th min these fools kept the ball close to the corner flag in MY own half. I couldnt get the ball off them, i almost freaked out

Last edited:

OMDZ!!!

I concede an own goal to Toronto, when it was about the 80th min this fools kept the ball at the close corner flag in MY own half. I couldnt get the ball of them, i almost freaked out

:EASY:

I still cant seem to change controls :S

Game is immense. Still seeing "jaw dropping" moments in each game!

go into controller configurations - when you pause during a game. Then you can scroll down to each button and click on them to change them over.

same here. but as i say the game plays faster on PS3. plays more like how you'd imagine a FIFA'd Pro Evo if that makes sense. Lightening controls etc. I kinda like it. I't definitely not the same game/build as 360. i find it way easier scoring in the PS3 demo.

just changing to 720p now. hope that sorts everything out.

Not sure if I've ever seen that before in a game, very nice indeed, let's hope that 1 time out of a 100 the ref and linesmen will miss it and not give the goal, a la Mendes for Tottenham v Man Utd wasn't it? :)

Well, I've played the demo when I can due to having lots on at the minute.

It's lovely isn't it?

Sometimes the pace is a bit too much, a bit PES-like, but it sort of adds to the balance. It's not perfect, but those manic moments are quite nice after the extremely slow bits of 08.

Love the shooting, really so much improved after last year. That was my one major negative with 08.

I am loving the demo but frustrated at how much harder it is vs cpu to break through than whene I was playing randomers at leipzig! feels so much worse really and far less enjoyable for me (in an attacking sense)

Last edited by a moderator:

I am loving the demo but frustrated at how much harder it is vs cpu to break through than whene I was playing randomers at leipzig! feels so much worse really and far less enjoyable for me (in an attacking sense)

You're frustrated because you can't get your own way like you did in Leipzig?

No as in for example when I am on a break way for example I just feel far less unable to gain that extra yard on the defender or fool them with 1-2's etc they are just not prone to error I know I am playing on world class and the other difficulties would be easier but thats no fun when its too easy either.

Yes I am not getting my own way but my point is vs some of the best players in fifa 08 I could get my own way and win 3-1 etc but when I play the cpu I get hugely frustrated at how the game works so differently

PS3 or 360 version and what version at Leipzig was PS3 wasnt it. ?

I have had quite alot chances against AI on world class more then Fifa 08 on there Toronto would be super human on world class and above not case this time. Also passing is much crisper when AI Madrid then Toronto you can see gulf in class much more also.

I think PS3 version speed setting dont work glitched or something pace of game so different to 360. Its like the game speed setting stuck to fast but even then dosnt remind me of brief spell i had on fast on 360.

Is anyone who can tell me where i can download it from the internet? I'm stuck in 1% by downloading from PS Store.

I am on the 360 version now but was on the PS3 version at Leipzig have to say I preffered my experience vs cpu on the ps3 but it could be with the length of the games :)

Wow! that's weird. Are you playing the PS3 version on 720p?

Just tried the PS3 on 720 and no difference. I even asked the good lady to look at both and she said exactly the same, the xbox graphics are far crisper/sharper and more detailed.
Shame really, i wanted them to be the same or even PS3 better coz my mates who play FIFA have all got playstations. I'm more of an xbox man myself but was willing to dust off the shiney black machine to play the lads online.

gameklip; said:
OMG NO ONE TOLD ME THE PS3 STORES THE WHOLE MATCH IN THE REPLAY? IS THIS A DEMO GLITCH OR WHAT? THAT'S AWESOME!!

I can confirm this too. Hope this is in the 360 version on release, it's a really nice touch, replays have never been long enough IMO. this feature will do until they introduce a "Halo Theater" type feature. I can only pray[-o<

I am on the 360 version now but was on the PS3 version at Leipzig have to say I preffered my experience vs cpu on the ps3 but it could be with the length of the games :)

Probs explains it on PS3 version the speed up i was breaking on world class earlier few times i prefer 360 version speed wise myself though.

You get more chances to score then previous game on World Class the AI feels more human then ever been aswell it not perfect but its good. Only problem for me is taking them chances and thats what making game head to pens i scored alot but go for side foot sometimes and come off post annoyed with myself because should of put it into corner gone for spectacular instead of simple.

Edit: In full game wont feel so bad due to time so going to get even more chances.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom