FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 09 - Discussion Thread

nice impressions btw guys. i just love the game. so many little things to notice. kaka shot and just missed and pato clapped him and offered words of encouragement. all in realtime after the shot.

People are complaining about 1 on 1 situation. But it should be a goal most of the time. Why would it be a problem in 10 vs 10? Just defend so that the opponents never create a 1 on 1.

Yeah thats a good point

if people are controlling the whole back line they should be defending deep enough to stop them going through 1 on 1

Also has anyone scored from a layed off free kick yet?

If you didn't know you hold the skill but ala PES to tee it off

Yeah thats a good point

if people are controlling the whole back line they should be defending deep enough to stop them going through 1 on 1

Also has anyone scored from a layed off free kick yet?

If you didn't know you hold the skill but ala PES to tee it off

So skill button and pass lays it off?

People are complaining about 1 on 1 situation. But it should be a goal most of the time. Why would it be a problem in 10 vs 10? Just defend so that the opponents never create a 1 on 1.
I agree about defending them, but against a top keeper like Casillas or Cech I think you should have to put in a bit of effort to beat them.

I agree about defending them, but against a top keeper like Casillas or Cech I think you should have to put in a bit of effort to beat them.

True, but this is so much better than Euro 2008 where it was almost impossible to score in 1 on 1 going straight at the keeper.

It's not perfect this way, but I can live with the fact that you get punished online if you give away a 1 on 1.

i'm still shit at 1on1's :(

i'm more of a midfielder. i can't wait to show you the goal i scored by opening up marseille. :lol:

I am missing the names above the player heads. will those be in the full game?

further I am really dissapointed in the ps3 graphics. its so blurry that I feel like I need some glasses. gotta try it in 720p. maybe it will look less blury on this resolution.

and one last question. is there any difference in the us and eu demo?

everything else is perfect so far. gameplay is awesome. ai is awesome (no circus circles) and I am getting fouled finally!

Havnt really seen any long range crackers from quick browse of youtube have to say expected more of them popping up with new shooting physics.

Im debating on button press think its way to sensitive in Fifa 08 and Euro the physics were floaty but the button press were perfect. Now it feels the complete flip opposite with button press and this on Semi same as i did with Fifa 08 it seems now you have to pretty much tap it or shot going to go over. Dosnt seem to be total control over the power you want to put on but then i see few have complained here so cant be just me.

Although saying this playing PS3 demo i felt more at home as played Fifa 08 and Euro so maybe its adapting back to controller. I would play PS3 demo but the speed issue and blockyness are rather off putting 360 version smooth as silk and speed much more at level it should be.

To me the graphics seem lovely on the PS3 in 720.. I've got a new TV coming on Monday, going from 20" to a 32" so im expecting it to look even better! But i dont have a 360 so i can't compare but as long as it looks good im not really bothered which one look's better..
When u watch an instant replay, just check out the grass for a few seconds, it looks unbelievable.. At one point i zoomed right into the feet of ballack and i seriously thought it looked like a life like picture, absolutely gorgeous! =)

Why? Why? Why? EA I hate you! Why did you do it? What I'm playing now until the final version? I just loved the demo! Just PERFECT! Unable to play another game of football now ...

I am missing the names above the player heads. will those be in the full game?

further I am really disappointed in the ps3 graphics. its so blurry that I feel like I need some glasses. gotta try it in 720p. maybe it will look less blury on this resolution.

and one last question. is there any difference in the us and eu demo?

everything else is perfect so far. gameplay is awesome. ai is awesome (no circus circles) and I am getting fouled finally!

so i'm not the only one. the PS3 version is so blurry when playing the 360 version. gonna put it on 720p too in sec to see if it makes a difference...

i could swear the PS3 version is easier too. on hard i'm tearing Marseilles apart with AC on the PS3 but on the same setting on 360 i'm laboring a win... weird.

maybe it is as i said before, that i prefer the DS3 controller. But again, that would be strange cause i played all of Fifa08 on the 360 controller and normally find my DS3 controller uncomfortable for sports games.

the game is indeed awesome though. if you were good @ fifa08, fifa09 will treat you kindly. my main problem is pressing the buttons to stretch and reach the ball cause before that would be a foul! heh

I played the first game with chelsea and after 10 min i got a free kick the first in my fifa 09 demo career and its in by drogba ;-)

A little analysis after a few hours play:

+ Player faces and body shapes look much better
+ Very much liking the quicker turning and response of players
+ Shooting is much better, now able to pull off some proper long range shots.
+ Penalties also feel much better
+ Goal nets look very nice
+ Crowd chanting, not to mention when you can hear the odd "Take him off!" when you give away the ball!
+ Free kicks are good, pulled off a beauty with Drogba, was almost identical to the one he scored away to Paris St Germain in the Champions League Group Stages a few years ago.

- Refs seem a bit card happy.
- The advantage rule implementation is a tad suspect, as some AI players go a bit weird when they have an advantage.
- AI Players seem to loose their bearings occasionally when near the touchline.
- AI also reluctant to shoot when clean through on goal.

This is just a quick write up, nothing major, and overall, very enjoyable, PES will have to do well to get my money this year.

so i'm not the only one. the PS3 version is so blurry when playing the 360 version. gonna put it on 720p too in sec to see if it makes a difference...

i could swear the PS3 version is easier too. on hard i'm tearing Marseilles apart with AC on the PS3 but on the same setting on 360 i'm laboring a win... weird.

maybe it is as i said before, that i prefer the DS3 controller. But again, that would be strange cause i played all of Fifa08 on the 360 controller and normally find my DS3 controller uncomfortable for sports games.

the game is indeed awesome though. if you were good @ fifa08, fifa09 will treat you kindly. my main problem is pressing the buttons to stretch and reach the ball cause before that would be a foul! heh

As i said earlier your finding it easy to score as the speed of game not same as 360 version on slow and normal.

In turn feels PS3 version has better response but im not sure might be down to speed i prefer 360 version if wasnt for speed i would prefer PS3 version i think.

I think you're right Bingham. It becomes the same when you play the 360 version on FAST. Weird... I thought they would have made NORMAL the default for PS3...

yup. PS3's default is on FAST.

They both play exactly the same that way.

lol mystery solved.

Last edited:

I love the demo, I prefer the 360 version tho, just because of the controller, the truggers on the ps3 controller are a joke when playing football games, had a game of 08 earlier and it seems so bad even tho its not, played pes 2008 again and its an absolute bag of wank

I think you're right Bingham. It becomes the same when you play the 360 version on FAST. Weird... I thought they would have made NORMAL the default for PS3...

yup. PS3's default is on FAST.

They both play exactly the same that way.

lol mystery solved.

PS3 default game speed fast ? not on mine its normal.

Its still not problem solved because Slow and Normal feel different to 360 version touch more speed.

great stuff mate, shame you didnt score it but still great anyway

:lol: well that should address the AI" question.

how did you do that double rabona? is there a place where all the tricks are listed?

edit: nevermind i opened the youtube page.

Why can't you change controls even though the menu option is there?

I want to reconfigure sprint to R1 and Finesse to R2 like Pro Evo, it's really bugging me.

Why can't you change controls even though the menu option is there?

I want to reconfigure sprint to R1 and Finesse to R2 like Pro Evo, it's really bugging me.

You can do it in game if you pause the game and go to controls - you change the buttons by pressing A over the button you want to change then going to the button you want to change it to and press A again. It then swas them over :DD

Back
Top Bottom