FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 09 - Discussion Thread

Got the Pal PSN still has blockyness for me in arena same as NTSC. (Not sure 1080 bug on PS3 or something wouldnt be first time with game not visible on 360 version at all)

And i had the feeling last night but wanted to test all out to see if not going loopy. But for me Slow and Normal on PS3 play a more speedy game compared to Xbox 360 version they are not same settings feels different.

360 1080 over VGA and PS3 1080 over HDMI and last night i had them on both same time and was flicking over playing each one and PS3 seems tad bit quicker on each setting strange i cant work out if speed or response it seems abit of both.

damn i really wanted to get this on my PS3 too.

So far so good, played a few matches so far using Real Madrid, Milan and Chelsea and I must say you can really feel the individual player when your using them. I love the the way the Ai are playing as well, they build up their own unique plays which trick you, and it's a challenge. Also the headers are a massive improvement, you can challenge for them and they look brilliant.

I love the game, and it's a must by.

Only a few minor things, the speed is a bit to much, and the tackles sometimes look over-exaggerated.

Hope that gets fixed in the full version then, I prefer to play very slow football if I can.

Is this you Jonney?

bxp155853.jpg

No wonder you lag, you're 102. It's not the connection, it's you.

I have both versions of the demo. just playing the PS3 one now.

why is the PS3 one so muggy and muddy compared to the 360 one? wtf?

It even stutters where the 360 vr. was smooth! The clarity has gone too! I'm not even a fanboy, this is just me using my eyes. I have the PS3 hooked up to and HDMI and normally my games like better on it. (Force unleashed for ex.)

gonna test the 360 one again to see if i'm going crazy.

Another thing that has impressed me, when taking a goal kick, when the ball has gone out of play, the players aren't automatically put into position like robots, they are seen running away from there last position which is good.

Apparently all you people who like this demo are wrong:

"It is just the same crap as FIFA has always been...I totaly agree with you Yashot.People who know what real football is play PES... Only kids, people who dont understand football and americans play FIFA!The last version of FIFA that I enjoyed playing was the 99... then I found out about Winning Eleven (PES)! FIFA hasnt changed a thing, same animations, same crappy gameplay... oh, sorry FIFA does change... it changes the soundtrack now and then and the team licenses...It doesnt matter what people and EA say, every year is the same thing, FIFA sucks!One day in the future if FIFA has a gameplay that gets close even to Winning Eleven 4 (of 10 years ago) then I may try taking it serious.words of a brazilian who is crazy about the real football..." - comment on Gametrailers.com

"It is just the same crap as FIFA has always been...I totaly agree with you Yashot.People who know what real football is play PES... Only kids, people who dont understand football and americans play FIFA!The last version of FIFA that I enjoyed playing was the 99... then I found out about Winning Eleven (PES)! FIFA hasnt changed a thing, same animations, same crappy gameplay... oh, sorry FIFA does change... it changes the soundtrack now and then and the team licenses...It doesnt matter what people and EA say, every year is the same thing, FIFA sucks!One day in the future if FIFA has a gameplay that gets close even to Winning Eleven 4 (of 10 years ago) then I may try taking it serious.words of a brazilian who is crazy about the real football..." - comment on Gametrailers.com

I didn't know Seabass posted on Gametrailers.com

Jamie: yeh, there are so many improvements over 8. it feels like real footy most of the time. love it.

i'm loving the control more on the PS3 and the visuals more on the 360 at the mo.

:lol: i just did a curved throughball for the first time across both demos on the PS3. the controls are better for me on that platform. :):

OMG NO ONE TOLD ME THE PS3 STORES THE WHOLE MATCH IN THE REPLAY? IS THIS A DEMO GLITCH OR WHAT? THAT'S AWESOME!!

whoa!!

There isn't enough individuality amongst the players, certain playrs like Kaka and Ronnie have it but I've tried a few times to run games through Guti and Pirlo and the likeness isn't there.

The most impressive things in the demo are the ball physics (except for FK's on goal) and the through balls. I played a lovely through ball with Sneidjer from a crossing position that Ruud finished off with a first time shot.

Also I had more control over my players when I swtiched to dpad.

Why does it matter if kids or Americans play the game? They are normal people and those are a large amount of buyers.

I can't stop playing this. The differences between this and FIFA08 are immense, there's really no comparison. Apart from the speed of the game, which is a tad too fast even when played on "slow", everything feels a lot better and realistic.

Off to download the european version of the demo now. :DD

There isn't enough individuality amongst the players, certain playrs like Kaka and Ronnie have it but I've tried a few times to run games through Guti and Pirlo and the likeness isn't there.

The most impressive things in the demo are the ball physics (except for FK's on goal) and the through balls. I played a lovely through ball with Sneidjer from a crossing position that Ruud finished off with a first time shot.

Also I had more control over my players when I swtiched to dpad.

i find it weird when people say that bout the players. i notice a big difference. Especially during midfield battles. some players can control it, and others it's best to pass it first time. Lampard is for example, good for controlling and 1-2's and one-touch passing around the box.try the same with obi mikel and you'll see lol

i really need to upload that ronny throughball i did just now. it was ouside of the foot curling past a defender and the striker made an "X" run behind the defender. amazing stuff.

can't wait for the full game now. this 2x2 Min. are going to kill me. would almost trade my wife for some kind of demo expander for the PS3 Version. she is lovely! anyone? :D

Can you imagine how long the game code would be if every single player reacted differently?

I think EA do a bloody wonderful job to even make the most recognisable players feel different.....

People need to look at the bigger picture.

All I want now is improved manager stuff, I know it wont be major and injuries, leg snapping dislocated shoulder type trauma, where your new multi million pound striker gets hacked in your first game and misses the next 4 months...

Is that true regarding the replays being stored in memory for the entire game length?

Also, why are the controls better on the PS3 over the 360? Merely the controller, or something more sinister (Mwahaha)?

I can't believe you can replay your whole match from the start in the replay mode of the PS3 version. That's insane. Was that in last years version too?

Back
Top Bottom