FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 09 - Discussion Thread

I wouldn't read too much into that Playstation page, it was probably created before the delay was announced.

I checked that page after word got out that the european store wasn't going to have the update and the new releases were still from the previous, so I expect the demo in the us store pretty soon now!

Woohoo!!

keep on checking the US store but still nothing, if it does come tonight, hope it will not take like 3hrs to download

Did you find Euro 08 to be sluggish as hell too?
No. Euro 2008 was fine.
Let go of the sprint button!

If you're coming straight from PES it's a hard thing to let go. A very, very hard thing to let go, in-fact I still curse PES for giving the habit to me over the last ten years. But footballers don't run full-pelt all game. PES encourages you to hold down the sprint button from start to finish.

Only press sprint when you're in space, or you will constantly run into people and lose the ball.

I only use the sprint button when running into space. Whenever i turn with the ball, the player takes time to respond to my input, for example left, which gets me thinking "Ok I need to turn the other way now because the cpu is heading left". Then I press up or down but as soon as I do so the player decides to turn left and the ball is gone.

ITS HERE !!! US STORE

go to DEMOS - NEWEST DEMOS as it does not show up in the home screen yet

Last edited:

Had a weird bug, playing as Madrid, I had Gago sent off for a second yellow (didn't even remember him getting a first yellow so it's possible he made two fouls in the same period of play and when play was brought back he got 2x yellows) anyways at the end of the match he got MOM, scored a penalty in the shootout and in the stats wasn't listed as being booked once let alone twice.

Oh and IMO the freekick ball physics when not doing a power freekick has to be considered a bug, the movement is like that of a 50p plastic football you buy at the beach, it's funny because the rest of the ball physics is absolutely spot on.

Had the same bug friend got second yellow with Flamini got sent off was going what the hell looked in stats and only had 1 yellow.

Just checked USA and EU PSN's and I'm getting last weeks content still

Edit

NEVER MIND - I DIDNT READ Sollito POST CORRECTLY

Yes last weeks here aswell, you guys messing with us? Cause I'm not in the mood...

I am loving the Custom Cameras!!!!

Makes the game even better for me - Fantastic!!! if only you could choose the angle like you used to be able to do in PES - It would be perfect!!!!

you get a great angel in the broadcast Camera - but I don't like having the other side of the pitch looking so far away - can't get used to it.

Its stuff like this that make football games for me - So I am well happy.

Also with the gameplay itself - the last ditch tackles/passing/keeping the ball in play. Makes a huge difference!!! really great.

well ive played the demo all day and my impressions are, yes its better. a lot of thing that annoyed me in fifa 2008 have been improved.
control of the ball is better, the feeling of being in control is better, off the ball is better, shooting feels more realistic.
great!!
hold on lets go back and play pes2008. omfg its so much better than fifa 2009 its scary
i feel in control of the players, response is superb its scary. i had convinced myself ifa was the way to go but now........
no way.
the ultimate is 10v10 ok. fifa will do this very well indeed but ultimatwely pes online as smooth as fifa online will kill fifa.

Go into Demos and then Latest demos and it's in there - I wasn't following Sollito's instructions right. I'm at 10% after 2 mins so the D/L speed seem great especially for my BB speed.

Finally, thank u SCEA

SCEE u useless cunts, PES fanboys alway messing up fifa demos

radiation how do u get the us store?

You can create as many users you want.
If the original one is UK account, you need to create new account on your PS3 (not only on PSN, on the PS3 itself), and then when you sign up to the PSN, you put US as your country.
(sorry for bad English).

The more I play this the more it impresses me - I love how you can now score into the far corner, really adds back the unpredictability that 08 lacked, you have to get yourself out of the habit of going for the near corner a lot though after playing 08.

Back
Top Bottom