FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 09 - Discussion Thread

Yes. You couldn't in FIFA 08 but you can in FIFA 09. Been mentioned a few times in here, I'm sure it's confirmed.

Ok cool, I thought I saw it awhile back, but I just couldn't remember. So I am playing the demo on manual, because if you can do manual, you can do any settings. :EASY: I really want the D-Pad for it, the analog just is not precise enough, too many stupid errant passes. And really with manual, you definitely cant play with the ball at the back, I guess it makes it more realistic that you just need to clear the :censor: out of there.

I've played, let's say, 6 games and haven't had one goal so far. This is pissing me off already. Im on fully manual and it most definatley is 'manual'. Passing seems to go way off all the time and I can't string shit together. The curling of the free-kicks in the arean is just ABYSMAL. It's the worst I've seen in any football game by far. Shocking.
Stu, restart the demo and choose the middle option from the list of "football game experience", then you'll get the next difficulty down.

I don't mean that to sound incredibly condescending but it is frustrating. I've only managed to score one goal in a game so far but I have managed to beat the CPU a few times.

Ok cool, I thought I saw it awhile back, but I just couldn't remember. So I am playing the demo on manual, because if you can do manual, you can do any settings. :EASY: I really want the D-Pad for it, the analog just is not precise enough, too many stupid errant passes. And really with manual, you definitely cant play with the ball at the back, I guess it makes it more realistic that you just need to clear the :censor: out of there.
Surely if you play on fully manual with the D-pad you'll only be able to hit perfectly straight passes (seeing as the D-pad only has eight directions)? Never really thought about it before! But yeah, I've started clearing balls now instead of passing it out of defence. They can pick the ball up and score otherwise, even on semi. A lot more realistic.

Last edited:

Yes, I'd recommend semi on everything (bar the ones you can only have on manual or assisted, I prefer to have those on assisted). This lets you direct your passes and shots a lot more widely, and it leads to less interceptions as well. Just takes a bit of getting used to.

Thanks for the advice mate, one of many things but I'm really liking the way a player like Pirlo for example (to be honest I haven't tried the other teams yet) if positioned correctly can boss midfield effortlessly like in real life, have strung a few brilliant attacks together with him having a hand in all of them haven't got used to the shooting or dead ball situations yet, I'm off to mess with the sliders. Cheers

Ok positives

-Response times 100x better than 08
-Animations a gazillion times better than 08
-Ball physics, far more weight and pace to my eyes
-Lighting
-Sound effects, slightly better than 08
-Shooting miles better than 08
-player models are slimmer and more life like
-crowd more animated
-facial models vastly improved
-headers

Ok now for the negatives

I cant see any stitching on the ball during replays:-pp

So can we use the d-pad? Someone posted that it isnt availeble in the demo, is that correct? I saw the option in dj's video that you can set everything to custom, surely d-pad is in there?

So can we use the d-pad? Someone posted that it isnt availeble in the demo, is that correct? I saw the option in dj's video that you can set everything to custom, surely d-pad is in there?
Yes you can, TT played the demo with the D-pad today.

It's easy to miss but it's the bottom two options on the controller configuration screen.

Don't take this the wrong way Gomito, this is a genuine question; I agree with you when it comes to lower-league teams (buying a player for Tranmere in manager mode was a waste of time in FIFA 08 because they were all the same player at that level, literally), but what are you basing your "the individuality factor is worse" comment on? What is it that makes you feel that way, do you have any examples (apart from the Toronto thing, which to me, just means that you perform best with their style of play)?

When I pass the ball to Drogba he can skip past players, but he will go down easily if he's tackled. If I have the ball with him and then pass to another midfielder, i.e. Lampard, you can feel the speed difference and the "clumsiness" difference straight away. I was going to say before that I could feel the difference between players a lot better in this demo!
i cant tell those things your saying at the end of your paragraph. I can only see a difference in size. And what i mean by worse, is that ronaldhino and kaka dont feel quicker or faster then anyone else on the pitch, and there is no momentum. WE had this, when you got past one player you seemend to build up momentum, and you see this is real footy..

NCAA 09 gameplay patch and roster patch delayed a month. FIFA 09 demo delayed. Sony has caused delayed games because of the programming required for these games. Unfortunately right now it's too difficult to program for. Anyways, this is getting off topic.

JB, I was just talking about changing around the sliders in the custom tactics. I know about that other stuff.

Burnout patch was out on PSN a month to a month and a half before the 360 so it's not a sony problem. It's the devs. Most demos and updates are on time - this is just a random technical blip. It seems to happen every time they do a huge upload like the release of Gran turismo - this week im guessing it was rockband content that overloaded it.

Fingers crossed they add fifa 09 to the USA PSN - though that depends if they want to offer that to the US people this week or next week (like how we get the usa sports games a week late)

i swear its piss easy when you switch the game speed to fast. it plays like PES2008 on fast.

might stick to normal for the full release.

Slow is basically fifa08.

Burnout patch was out on PSN a month to a month and a half before the 360 so it's not a sony problem. It's the devs. Most demos and updates are on time - this is just a random technical blip. It seems to happen every time they do a huge upload like the release of Gran turismo - this week im guessing it was rockband content that overloaded it.

Fingers crossed they add fifa 09 to the USA PSN - though that depends if they want to offer that to the US people this week or next week (like how we get the usa sports games a week late)
They knew the demo was due for release today so I think they've been ready for a while. I can't see there being a problem with the demo itself, we've been talking about it for a long old time.

There have been a few demos delayed on Xbox Live because of a Microsoft certification cock-up, which was the fault of Microsoft. I think something similar has happened at Sony today, either that or a server has gone down. They have released a statement that would seem to suggest it's a fault on their end, haven't they?

hey dudes
first post but ive been following this thread for the past two weeks or so. im a former pes die hard but was in between after really giving fifa 08 some time.
been playing the demo some today and i think its an improvement no doubt. i dont mean to be negative but if i had to point out one thing that still gets me down its the crispness of the ball handling. its the only element i miss from pes.
to be honest i feel like the fifa series has duplicated and then improved upon the pes formula over the past 3 years. but its still missing that crispness. i cant really explain it better than that. theres still something a little bubbly about the gameplay that im not fond of.
having said this i still think fifa 09 will be the better game this year and this may be the first year i dont buy both games....
thanks
74ND4 8E42

i suggest everyone play this demo on fast actually. there really isn't enough time to deliberate over passing. i can score on world class on normal but it is normally from a ridiculously well-worked move :lol:

2minutes to save the world!

"Were you constantly refreshing the site, wondering when today's Euro PSN update was going to be? Well, you can stop hitting F5 folks. It's not happening today. "Unfortunately, a minor technical problem has caused a delay to today's PLAYSTATION Store for PS3 release of new content. We will get the content uploaded for you as soon as is possible."

Now the ETA for this week's update is tomorrow. As usual, we'll have the full list when we get our hands on it."

http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/09/11/todays-euro-update-is-delayed/

C'mon... :((

Incidently, sorry Radiation, but how many times has Home been delayed? And even Life With Playstation (which was announced pretty much as it was "completed" but still managed to be delayed?). Sony really do seem to have a habit of big delays unfortunately.

Nevermind eh? Less time playing the game means less time to get bored of it and start moaning about stuff, right? ;))

haha is that a weird question ?

I play FIFA with him, yes - he plays in all the FIFA leagues as well. His 360 gamertag is TT 2006, add him if you want an easy opponent. :)

If i could play online I would definetely do it but all I do is play against CPU or my friends. My father tries his best to stop me to play video games hahaha

so is it confirmed then that we are not getting the demo tonight on psn? and if not when are we likely to get it. Im gutted beyond belief. I must have checked the ps store a 100 times today.

Back
Top Bottom