FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 09 - Discussion Thread

he's sonofabitch.. purposely keep flame the small things. i don't have a mood to bother. too tired waiting for an update

OH boy! thats great to hear!!!!!
I just want that too know goals like this are possible to happen:

I know its not the most beautifull goal in the world, far from it..but its a realistic goal that we see quite a lot in real life football , and it was IMPOSSIBLE in past fifas.

BTW> GO ON TT! :lol:

I scored a few goals like that in Euro 2008 and FIFA 08 ,I agree not as much as in real life but I still did

yeah you do that, i guess you can pretend its fifa and stop crying :EASY:

people like you amuse me i bet youv'e been creaming yourself since this morning. check my posts and you'll see that i'm not as bothered as you think i am
ps have you played super rub-a-dub it's the best :SMOKIN:

I'm glad all the hype and curiosity got the better of me this time around, I think I have been converted!

Too light and floaty is the best way i can seem to describe it. Pro Evo cant get its magic back and Fifa's being overrated far too much.

how good is this game? totally love it. this is sooo much better than fifa 08 /euro.

nothing to complain really. bring on the 3rd!

i am sure pes 2009 will be good, but will it be able to top this? really doubting it here to be honest

The PSN is really having a hard time with patches and demos. I wonder why?

Could be two things.

1 - Peter Moore has been tinkering behind the scenes at EA holding the PS3 versions down.

Or 2 the less insane version - the gigantic Rockband upload they're adding to the PSN for the EU launch has cocked something up. Although that's another EA game...

So I'd point the blame at EA for this one.

how good is this game? totally love it. this is sooo much better than fifa 08 /euro.

nothing to complain really. bring on the 3rd!

i am sure pes 2009 will be good, but will it be able to top this? really doubting it here to be honest

Agreed its truly stunning IMO.

the response and fluidity have been corrected:EASY:

no, i am laughing at the ps3 owners :|

Total amount of money all of us "unfortunate" PS3 owners have paid over the years for online: 0.00 (that's zero point zero zero)

Sure demos are nice I guess but imagine how many additional real games all that unspent cash can buy...;-)

I like the demo. The gameplay is good but there are a few negatives for me. Major one is the ball physics. It travels like a floater at times. When you shoot and you think there's a lot of power behind it, it travels slowly with the keeper taking it so casually. With throw-ins too it takes an age to get it to your player. Player faces aren't as good as PES. In no way. Close up of players, Fifa just doesn't look good. Take a look at Ambrosini when he's leading the Milan team out. They are just of weird shape along with the shape of players in general. I am enjoying the demo. Compared to the last PES, it is way better. See what PES has to offer this year. I might end up getting both.

Last edited:

well i have just tried teh demo and all i can say is PES is fucked mate LOL.

its going to take somthing more then a miracle to even be on par of fifa. its that fucking good mate. the only prob i have with fifa09 is teh throw ball. its too slow even on manual

well ive checked the ps3 store and i cant find fifa 09 and that was 3 hours ago. But when is the demo gonna come DAMN WAT KINDA MESS IS DIS ...

Total amount of money all of us "unfortunate" PS3 owners have paid over the years for online: 0.00 (that's zero point zero zero)

Sure demos are nice I guess but imagine how many additional real games all that unspent cash can buy...;-)

Less than 1 game a year. Sorry. But I have them both and that doesn't matter to me. It just seems like sony can't get things right. Delayed game releases, delayed patch releases, delayed demo releases. That's a problem they really need to correct.

Can't wait to get back home to play this demo. Has anyone messed around with the custom tactics?

By the way, whats the best way to play this I've got everything on automatic and it feels great, would messing about with the sliders improve what is already a polished game of football?

Demo is great (just not long enough). I tried to change the control scheme to the D-Pad for movement, but it seems you cant do that in the demo.

Yes you can, in the beggining of the demo you have a choice between Classic, Alternate and Create your own or something like that. Just customise it and change around the Analogue and D-pad functions...

HAS ANYONE CHECKED THE STORE BECAUSe i heard that the demo suposed to come 6 pm

WAT KINDA MESS IS DIS SONY DIS PISSES ME OFF..

Less than 1 game a year. Sorry. But I have them both and that doesn't matter to me. It just seems like sony can't get things right. Delayed game releases, delayed patch releases, delayed demo releases. That's a problem they really need to correct.

Can't wait to get back home to play this demo. Has anyone messed around with the custom tactics?

Delayed games has nothing to do with SONY unless they're making the games. Which even with first party titles... Sony aren't developing them.

Patch releases and demos - what patches and demo's were delayed?

By the way, whats the best way to play this I've got everything on automatic and it feels great, would messing about with the sliders improve what is already a polished game of football?
Yes, I'd recommend semi on everything (bar the ones you can only have on manual or assisted, I prefer to have those on assisted). This lets you direct your passes and shots a lot more widely, and it leads to less interceptions as well. Just takes a bit of getting used to.

Becanes (and others asking about tactics), remember you can press left/right on the D-pad to change your defence/attack priority, you can press up on the D-pad to bring up a list of temporary instructions (offside trap, pressurise etc.) and down on the D-pad to bring up a list of permanent tactical changes (default, counter-attack, possession etc.)...

HAS ANYONE CHECKED THE STORE BECAUSe i heard that the demo suposed to come 6 pm

WAT KINDA MESS IS DIS SONY DIS PISSES ME OFF..
PSN update delayed until (most likely) tomorrow morning, already confirmed.

man this demo is way too short. can't really get a feel for the match. you only get midfield tussles and the odd goal. needs to be 4x4 really.

For the full version, online play, if we set our own setting to manual, can we force the opposition to also play only in our setting, i.e. only manual, or really whatever we have our settings to?

a year sub of xbox live is not less then a game. its the same £40 unless u know a place that does it cheaper

For the full version, online play, if we set our own setting to manual, can we force the opposition to also play only in our setting, i.e. only manual, or really whatever we have our settings to?
Yes. You couldn't in FIFA 08 but you can in FIFA 09. Been mentioned a few times in here, I'm sure it's confirmed.

Delayed games has nothing to do with SONY unless they're making the games. Which even with first party titles... Sony aren't developing them.

Patch releases and demos - what patches and demo's were delayed?

NCAA 09 gameplay patch and roster patch delayed a month. FIFA 09 demo delayed. Sony has caused delayed games because of the programming required for these games. Unfortunately right now it's too difficult to program for. Anyways, this is getting off topic.

JB, I was just talking about changing around the sliders in the custom tactics. I know about that other stuff.

I've played, let's say, 6 games and haven't had one goal so far. This is pissing me off already. Im on fully manual and it most definatley is 'manual'. Passing seems to go way off all the time and I can't string shit together. The curling of the free-kicks in the arean is just ABYSMAL. It's the worst I've seen in any football game by far. Shocking.

Back
Top Bottom