FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 09 - Discussion Thread

ok played 4 more games, not impressed. The player individuality just plain sucks. The players apperances look different but they all play the exact same. The ball physics dont seem as good as 08. I am impressed with the AI however. The little animations are awesome. The response is good, but the game still seems to get cloggy, i guess that is more realistic then not. But the individuality factor seems worse then fifa08. I just dont have a good feel for this game at the momment. the most goals i scored in a game were with toronto... which says alot about player individuality

ok played 4 more games, not impressed. The player individuality just plain sucks. The players apperances look different but they all play the exact same. The ball physics dont seem as good as 08. I am impressed with the AI however. The little animations are awesome. The response is good, but the game still seems to get cloggy, i guess that is more realistic then not. But the individuality factor seems worse then fifa08. I just dont have a good feel for this game at the momment. the most goals i scored in a game were with toronto... which says alot about player individuality
Don't take this the wrong way Gomito, this is a genuine question; I agree with you when it comes to lower-league teams (buying a player for Tranmere in manager mode was a waste of time in FIFA 08 because they were all the same player at that level, literally), but what are you basing your "the individuality factor is worse" comment on? What is it that makes you feel that way, do you have any examples (apart from the Toronto thing, which to me, just means that you perform best with their style of play)?

When I pass the ball to Drogba he can skip past players, but he will go down easily if he's tackled. If I have the ball with him and then pass to another midfielder, i.e. Lampard, you can feel the speed difference and the "clumsiness" difference straight away. I was going to say before that I could feel the difference between players a lot better in this demo!

Oh man! Just unbelievable. I'll tell you what I'm most impressed with... The goals.

I just managed to sneak past a Real Madrid defender with Drogba, leaving a 30 yard sprint to goal (they were pushing up to try and get a winner in the dying minutes). I was coming in from a slight angle, but the defenders were catching up, so I just hit a shot as hard as I could. It went like a bullet.

It was one of those moments where your eyes see something your brain doesn't quite comprehend; in FIFA 08, every shot from an angle was saved by the goalkeeper, there was only a certain area you could shoot from and score a goal. But here, the ball was hit so hard, the keeper (even though he positioned himself as well as he could on the far post) couldn't get over to it in time. The net bulged, and I literally leapt off the chair and screamed into the wall. It reminded me of scoring in the Master League against Manchester United on six-star difficulty - i.e. almost impossible. The feeling is just out of this world, it's such a rewarding game to play. I'm in love with this game.

What they have done, with the goalkeepers especially, is amazing. They're 500% more realistic now. And what pleases me the most... The thing that turned me off FIFA 08 completely in the end, the thing that made me sell it... Hasn't happened to me so far.

Every goal has been a good, realistic goal. No glitches, no horrendous goalkeeper mistakes. And every goal has been different.

Has anybody got a time machine I can borrow?

Why you can't you just come out and say if you like the game or not and stop pussy-footing around! :DD

PSN is killing me softly...

I've never said so much profanity in one day after checking the store every 10 minutes!

Last edited:

ok video uploaded to youtube. ho long does it take to process.

and how can i post the video neatly into a post here?

THEY MUST BE TAKING THE PISS!

Unfortunately, a minor technical problem has caused a delay to today's PLAYSTATION Store for PS3 release of new content. Currently, we anticipate that the new Store content will be available tomorrow (Friday) morning.

Apologies for any inconveniece caused, and we'll be sure to update you with any news as soon as we get it.

I did mate, this morning at 6am. It downloaded seamlessly with no hitches. I have yet to play it though.

Had to call xbox live and get my account upgraded to an adult account (don't know why i was originally listed as under 18). Thanks anyways, and btw you are in for a real treat.

The computer controlled toronto fc winning by one goal in the 85th minute knocked it around, took it to my corner flag and waited for me to challenge. wow. infuriating for me, but great football.

Fucking hell, what a bunch of knobs! Way to make yourselves look stupid, Sony! :brick:

At least he's taken off the bit about expecting it on Friday, still hope for tonight then.

PLAYSTATION Store for PS3: today's content release delayed

Unfortunately, a minor technical problem has caused a delay to today's PLAYSTATION Store for PS3 release of new content. We will get the content uploaded for you as soon as is possible.

Apologies for any inconveniece caused, and we'll be sure to update you with any news as soon as we get it.

MusterBuster
Community Team Leader
http://community.eu.playstation.com...message?board.id=138&message.id=12571#M12571 

so do you think i can turn off my ps3 now or is there still any hope for today evening

There's the possibility the US Store will get it tonight, but I doubt it.

Well done, Sony. Just like last year.

i had a feeling something was up cos i hardly ever have to wait till five plus im not too bothered cos i suffered worse than trying to get the metal gear online demo to work / download / get the konami id etc so i'll survive till tomorrow

Didn't exactly the same thing happen with the FIFA08 or Euro08 demo? What a bunch of cocks.

Back
Top Bottom