FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 09 - Discussion Thread

You're joking, don't tell me I played a game for a year without knowing that...??

I played for about 6 months before I stumbled across it.

In fact, I think it was only when I saw it in Euro08 that I went back and tried it in FIFA08, and there it was.

I'm sure there are thousands who still don't know it's in FIFA08. It wasn't exactly well documented, somewhat typically of EA.

for PESfans i remember that you dont care about kits or boots on older pes games and keep talking about the game play now EA smash the pes gameplay with new fifa :) so plz dont complain about the fifa faces and kits

Wont be buying this, thought this could be year, but no. It is a massive improvement dont get me wrong, love the passing and crossing, but it still doesn't feel right, too floaty. When you move in direction its not fluid, not enough animation to get from a to b. And defending is the usual hit and miss, you just dont feel in control.

I was planning on buying both this and PES, but for me even if Konami knock out PES5 but in HD it will be the better game. Dont trust Konami any more so I will be trying that demo first as well.

Shall I make a video of this penalty? I am ridiculously impressed but no-one seems to be feeling it on here! ;-)

Chris what do you think of my explanation of how speed might work online. I can't imagine they will force you to use normal online.

You know...I've just switched from playing several matches in Normal speed, to Slow, and I'm loving the game even more now...seeing that the response is still top-notch at this setting, it makes me wish EA could just treat Slow as the game's default speed and have that momentum and pace ingrained into everybody's playing style...they should learn that normal is just plain unrealistic.

Yeah, that's it. Have two settings for the retail release: Realistic and Unrealistic. :LOL:

ok need to wait 5 mins till the missus is home she has the camera.

Once I have the file how do I get it up here?

its 12.01 am now over here. it's already 12th sept and i've been waiting for 1 whole day. =(

Wont be buying this, thought this could be year, but no. It is a massive improvement dont get me wrong, love the passing and crossing, but it still doesn't feel right, too floaty. When you move in direction its not fluid, not enough animation to get from a to b. And defending is the usual hit and miss, you just dont feel in control.

I value your opinion, however I think you are so so so wrong! :))

But anyway, I've been playing the demo of this all day and it's absolutely fantastic. The best simulation of football to date. I can see why some wouldn't like it because some games are midfield battles where it doesn't feel like you're moving, as if you're stuck in traffic. But that's football, it happens all the time. In-fact whenever it's a big game, everyone's worst fear is that it will be a 0-0 draw, and it usually is.

I actually want midfield battles. If the game makes it feel rewarding to just play football, I wouldn't mind it one bit. The risk is that players are left feeling as frustrated as one might feel when watching a game where neither of the teams create anything. But, if the game is deep and rewarding enough, simply passing, defending and all that would keep you occupied enough to not think about it.

The FIFA09 PC Demo is nicer than 08 and all, but I always find myself just constantly trying to find a clear spot for a long shot. The passing and build-up play is tedious and not detailed or deep, animations are blah and there's just nothing to interest me save for that opportunity to unleash a long shot.

Shall I make a video of this penalty? I am ridiculously impressed but no-one seems to be feeling it on here! ;-)

Up it mate, I'd like to see what has you so amazed. ;)

guys do you think there is a chance to get the demo on this day german time its 18.10 now

What a game, that is all I have to say at the moment. I can't be bothered to type up why because I am hooked to it at the moment.

Chris what do you think of my explanation of how speed might work online. I can't imagine they will force you to use normal online.
I'm sure online ranked matches will be normal speed but online unranked matches will leave the speed option up to the host - that's how it works with half-lengths so I would assume that's how it will work here. I would bet on it.

I actually want midfield battles. If the game makes it feel rewarding to just play football, I wouldn't mind it one bit. The risk is that players are left feeling as frustrated as one might feel when watching a game where neither of the teams create anything. But, if the game is deep and rewarding enough, simply passing, defending and all that would keep you occupied enough to not think about it.
Exactly how I feel as well. The sense of reward when you win a really really tight game is immense, just immense. I can't really comment on the PC version because I think the console version is on a different planet in comparison - it's FIFA on PS3/360 or nothing, for me.

Come on Sony, you bunch of gobshites!

I'm going on hunger strike until they release the demo. I'll just have my tea first.

Back
Top Bottom