FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 09 - Discussion Thread

theycantallbewinners.jpg

nqu49t.jpg

oh PSN.. please.. make my day..i bet the server would crash when all people chasing the demo all in once.

one thing that bothers me is that the demo is on world class diff. right? well then i am pretty annoyed because its too easy :?

on the FIFA 08 demo i had hard time beating the semi pro AI, took me ages to get my first goal but now........on world class i can score 2 or 3 easily :( hope this is fixed by release

apart from that incredible game, as good as i was hoping

I'd like to report a serious bug in the Fifa 09 demo :

When you start the match, the tactics are perfect. The player take the exact position from the formation and the individual positions. Ronaldinho for example plays a little bit left from the deep striker of Milan. The 3 players behind striker-Ronaldinho-Kaka play as central midfielders, which is right too.

But when you start the second half the positions change to one of the standard formations. Milan suddenly clearly play with a 5-man-midfield with Kaka and Ronaldinho as central midfielders.

Please fix this for the full version. As well as in the first half, in the second half the players should still keep their custom position.

Brilliant. :lol:

one thing that bothers me is that the demo is on world class diff. right? well then i am pretty annoyed because its too easy :?

on the FIFA 08 demo i had hard time beating the semi pro AI, took me ages to get my first goal but now........on world class i can score 2 or 3 easily :( hope this is fixed by release

apart from that incredible game, as good as i was hoping
You can't be playing on world class then because it's frigging impossible as far as I'm concerned, the AI plays a very, very good game of football. You select "experienced" from the list at the start of the demo to put it on the hardest demo difficulty - PRO I think it is. But that still leaves at least one harder difficulty to use in the full game.

:w00t::w00t: Wow you wrote all of that today ?

Yup, i have vowed that this year i will play fifa till i love it or decided that genuinely its not the game for me. There will be a good few more articles tomorrow, one more today.

demo is quick without being arcadey, tactics are deep, "Effort" animations really enhance suspension of disbelief in play, actual gameplay has been clearly refined from FIFA 08, while not being a revolution of difference (but that's okay/fine/appropriate!), and the crowd reaction - the part of the game most of us actually know BEST - makes sense, again impacting the immersion...a solid, SOLID combo of gameplay growth and overall experience-immersion thoughtfulness...the FIFA team is truly beginning to look like a team that not only loves football, but can distill its essence down into a gaming experience e.g. PES3-5...great work with the demo, hope that the game is as good if not better!

Excuse me, but has anyone in the US successfully downloaded the demo off of the xboxlive marketplace?
The rating says "pending or unrated" and when i try to download the demo it says that i cannot download content with this rating. What's going on?

Thanks for any help

After having played a few matches I have to say that this game is simply brilliant. Imo Fifa 09 is by far the most realistic footy game ever made. The physics system adds so much to the game and the A.I. is much better than last year's game. They actually play realistically instead of unrealistic, untouchable super football.

haha nice one blaccat
Just tryin to lighten the mode here, stole it from Neogaf

I think there is some sort of time exclusive nonsense going on here, PSN got the NHL09 demo b4 XBL right?, just so XBL can have the FIFA09 demo a few hours ahead of PSN.

Retarded stuff

Excuse me, but has anyone in the US successfully downloaded the demo off of the xboxlive marketplace?
The rating says "pending or unrated" and when i try to download the demo it says that i cannot download content with this rating. What's going on?

Thanks for any help

I did mate, this morning at 6am. It downloaded seamlessly with no hitches. I have yet to play it though.

You can't be playing on world class then because it's frigging impossible as far as I'm concerned, the AI plays a very, very good game of football. You select "experienced" from the list at the start of the demo to put it on the hardest demo difficulty - PRO I think it is. But that still leaves at least one harder difficulty to use in the full game.

I'm finding it tough, too. I'm struggling to score in most games, and the most I've scored in any game is one goal. It's challenging, and as such, I'm happy with the AI from what I've seen so far.

thanks then. oh really? i just download it this morning. nice game with nice graphic,but im not into it. i just into the fighting and brawl. haha

The AI hits the inside of the goal, but it hits my goalkeepers back and goal. Or so I thought, the goal didn't count.

This is actually correct, "rebounds" in penalty shootouts don't count.

So still no psn demo?! Going home in a bit and wanted to start downloading it :(

Coolest thing just happened. Not seen this before.

Got to a shoot out, first pen hit the bar, came down a clear foot or two over the line, backspun out and clear.

It was a finesse placed penalty.

Goal given. Very cool

Definitely a step up from 08 and Euro. Love the camera zoom, that was always one of my pet hates, that on the far side of the field, unless you were playing on a 32"+ screen, you couldn't see what was happening with the dynamic camera view. Great to see the ref and linesmen out there too, adds more realism. Can't wait to see the weather effects and what they bring to the game.

Overall I'm glad they've improved the jostling for headers to actually make it fair against the CPU now.

I don't see what PES can possibly offer to make be bother playing it at all this year. (Add to that the fact that it doesn't come out here until almost May of 2009 which makes it a waste of time anyway!)

Has anybody else noticed that pressing left/right on the D-pad brings up a defence/attack bar? Exactly like the PES one. Very handy!

Has anybody else noticed that pressing left/right on the D-pad brings up a defence/attack bar? Exactly like the PES one. Very handy!

It's a very welcome addition. The on-the-fly tactics with the d-pad seems quite effective in this game. You certainly notice the difference when you select high pressure, or possession.

If it's the same thing I'm thinking of, that was in FIFA08. The 5 bars thing? It was activated using some combination of shoulder buttons.

after 5/6 mins im still watching the replay of this penalty, seeing all the backspin as it comes out.

mint

Can't wait to try the demo out myself. It's getting trashed over at the official forums.
As Placebo said, the average age of the poster is lower over there, and I get the feeling they all want a traditional FIFA; i.e. an arcade game, easy to play, with scores of 5-5. Goals from 40 yards out, three times a match. That kind of thing. Judging from the people I've seen criticise the game so far this certainly seems to be the case; they give it three goes and complain that they haven't won a game yet. It's not the kind of game you can just pick up and be amazing at. You don't become Ronaldinho the first time you touch a football either.

I hope that EA don't take any notice of the morons who want that kind of gameplay back, Konami are catering for that audience now. If FIFA goes the same way then those of us who want something deeper will have nothing left.

If it's the same thing I'm thinking of, that was in FIFA08. The 5 bars thing? It was activated using some combination of shoulder buttons.
You're joking, don't tell me I played a game for a year without knowing that...??

Last edited:

Definitely a step up from 08 and Euro. Love the camera zoom, that was always one of my pet hates, that on the far side of the field, unless you were playing on a 32"+ screen, you couldn't see what was happening with the dynamic camera view. Great to see the ref and linesmen out there too, adds more realism. Can't wait to see the weather effects and what they bring to the game.

Overall I'm glad they've improved the jostling for headers to actually make it fair against the CPU now.

I don't see what PES can possibly offer to make be bother playing it at all this year. (Add to that the fact that it doesn't come out here until almost May of 2009 which makes it a waste of time anyway!)

Wolf, you do realize that PES 2009 comes out in the US on October 28th, right?

Oh, that's nice!

Back
Top Bottom