FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 09 - Discussion Thread

Thomasgol, those pictures are fantastic. Pending my own demo of Fifa, I won't be buying PES2009 this year, because deep down I know the engine is the same, even it looks nicer and has my team licensed. And I want something different to play for my £35.

I just want to make sure Fifa feels right, want some decent through balls, weighty shooting and a nice flow to the play.

Does anyone know why FIFA only has some of the goalkeeper shirts, as I've seen on one of the videos, Brad Friedel is wearing a Villa shirt which is completely correct with sponsors and design etc, yet Casillas is wearing a generic red top?

Is that just for the demo, or will it be for the whole game?

Is the outside of the foot shot automatic or something like the finesse shot where you have you to press a button + circle ?

Does anyone know why FIFA only has some of the goalkeeper shirts, as I've seen on one of the videos, Brad Friedel is wearing a Villa shirt which is completely correct with sponsors and design etc, yet Casillas is wearing a generic red top?

Is that just for the demo, or will it be for the whole game?
It's for the whole game. They've said before that time constraints prevent them from doing home, away, goalkeeper home and goalkeeper away kits for the huge amount of teams in the game. To be fair to them it is a lot, there's twice the amount of teams than there are in PES (possibly three times as many).

Is the outside of the foot shot automatic or something like the finesse shot where you have you to press a button + circle ?
From what I've seen you have to be in a certain position and not go over a certain point on the power-bar. I've seen it but I don't think I was pressing any special button combination.

He's here all week.
Go easy on him, it must be a difficult time.

outside of the foot shot is automatic for me on 360

btw if anyone fancies a read, as a die hard pesfan i have vowed to spend 2 days playing th efifa demo, to see if i can convert

On my blog in my signature

where is it sony? where? i can't wait. another hour to 5 pm i'm afraid? it's 5pm uk or us?

I see the crowd noises are still shit for goals. Especially on the penalty shoot outs. They randomly cheer loudly just after you've taken a shot before the ball even goes in. This was before I scored a goal in a match so I was thinking "oh they must have made the goal cheers louder in a match then"... nope. Scored with Drogba and it was the usual rubbish delayed quiet cheering.

Clutching at straws again I see.

Have at look at some of the cartoon shots of PES you clown

Calm down, atleast he posted some screens :EASY:

I've DLed the demo this morning, but have guests in the living room so can't play :((

I see the crowd noises are still shit for goals. Especially on the penalty shoot outs. They randomly cheer loudly just after you've taken a shot before the ball even goes in. This was before I scored a goal in a match so I was thinking "oh they must have made the goal cheers louder in a match then"... nope. Scored with Drogba and it was the usual rubbish delayed quiet cheering.

That is SOOOO annoying! :censor::censor: When you score, you don't get excited as much without the crowd.

I do actually agree with Thomas that the kits are still shit. The faces are much improved though.

the faces are much much improved. yeah the kit looks sorta out of place. the collar of chelsea looks like a wing,it's so big

they have to hire people only focused on creating the kits, like they do with faces. if not they will still be shitty, the amount of kits is just too big to be handled in the "spare time" of the ball physics or stadium creators. ;)

Let's hope EA reads this and gets it sorted for the final version.

outside of the foot shot is automatic for me on 360

btw if anyone fancies a read, as a die hard pesfan i have vowed to spend 2 days playing th efifa demo, to see if i can convert

On my blog in my signature

:w00t::w00t: Wow you wrote all of that today ?

Remember years ago when FIFA had the better graphics, we PES fans would say "who cares if the graphics are better, it's the gameplay that counts"?

We get given responsive gameplay and all the tweaks we wanted to see, resulting in the most realistic football game yet, and suddenly there's a big deal being made of the sponsor on the front of one team's kit... Come on guys. The PES2008/2009 players can patch their kits but they can't patch the gameplay.

But anyway, I've been playing the demo of this all day and it's absolutely fantastic. The best simulation of football to date. I can see why some wouldn't like it because some games are midfield battles where it doesn't feel like you're moving, as if you're stuck in traffic. But that's football, it happens all the time. In-fact whenever it's a big game, everyone's worst fear is that it will be a 0-0 draw, and it usually is.

The only complaint I could make so far is that I think the default speed is a bit too fast - thankfully EA have given us a choice, but still, ranked matches will take some getting used to if you use "slow" offline. That's the only complaint I can make; the response times make it so much better.

I've scored some fantastic goals that before you wouldn't see - I just thought "I'm hitting it, running out of options", and it's gone in. The goalkeepers are a lot more realistic.

Very happy chappy.

Back
Top Bottom