FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 09 - Discussion Thread

Oh man! Just unbelievable. I'll tell you what I'm most impressed with... The goals.

I just managed to sneak past a Real Madrid defender with Drogba, leaving a 30 yard sprint to goal (they were pushing up to try and get a winner in the dying minutes). I was coming in from a slight angle, but the defenders were catching up, so I just hit a shot as hard as I could. It went like a bullet.

It was one of those moments where your eyes see something your brain doesn't quite comprehend; in FIFA 08, every shot from an angle was saved by the goalkeeper, there was only a certain area you could shoot from and score a goal. But here, the ball was hit so hard, the keeper (even though he positioned himself as well as he could on the far post) couldn't get over to it in time. The net bulged, and I literally leapt off the chair and screamed into the wall. It reminded me of scoring in the Master League against Manchester United on six-star difficulty - i.e. almost impossible. The feeling is just out of this world, it's such a rewarding game to play. I'm in love with this game.

What they have done, with the goalkeepers especially, is amazing. They're 500% more realistic now. And what pleases me the most... The thing that turned me off FIFA 08 completely in the end, the thing that made me sell it... Hasn't happened to me so far.

Every goal has been a good, realistic goal. No glitches, no horrendous goalkeeper mistakes. And every goal has been different.

Has anybody got a time machine I can borrow?

Last edited:

By the way, if anyone knows, what speed setting was the FSB DJDoc video playing on?

To be honest, it is much too fast for my tastes. Seems not just unrealistic, but exaggeratedly so. Players are performing certain moves, particularly certain turns or certain directional changes, much faster than really possible. Hoping it was on "fast"... :)

All I can say is that my expectations and more have been met.

Oh man! Just unbelievable. I'll tell you what I'm most impressed with... The goals.

I just managed to sneak past a Real Madrid defender with Drogba, leaving a 30 yard sprint to goal (they were pushing up to try and get a winner in the dying minutes). I was coming in from a slight angle, but the defenders were catching up, so I just hit a shot as hard as I could. It went like a bullet.

It was one of those moments where your eyes see something your brain doesn't quite comprehend; in FIFA 08, every shot from an angle was saved by the goalkeeper, there was only a certain area you could shoot from and score a goal. But here, the ball was hit so hard, the keeper (even though he positioned himself as well as he could on the far post) couldn't get over to it in time. The net bulged, and I literally leapt off the chair and screamed into the wall. It reminded me of scoring in the Master League against Manchester United on six-star difficulty - i.e. almost impossible. The feeling is just out of this world, it's such a rewarding game to play. I'm in love with this game.

What they have done, with the goalkeepers especially, is amazing. They're 500% more realistic now. And what pleases me the most... The thing that turned me off FIFA 08 completely in the end, the thing that made me sell it... Hasn't happened to me so far.

Every goal has been a good, realistic goal. No glitches, no horrendous goalkeeper mistakes. And every goal has been different.

Has anybody got a Xbox360 I can borrow?

LOL

PS3's weakness is there fo everyone to see :|

Weakness? :LOL: I'm happy to be playing the game today without having to pay for a years subscription to get demo's on release date, thanks ;))

Anyway, that's a different conversation :))

I'm looking forward to the demo after seeing so many positives. Good to hear the goalies are better too.

By the way, if anyone knows, what speed setting was the FSB DJDoc video playing on?

To be honest, it is much too fast for my tastes. Seems not just unrealistic, but exaggeratedly so. Players are performing certain moves, particularly certain turns or certain directional changes, much faster than really possible. Hoping it was on "fast"... :)
It would have been on normal - there's no reason for him to have put it on fast.

I do much prefer the game on slow, I have to say. It's only a fractional difference, but that's all it needs.

Sounds great (although I seem to recall you were equally besotted with FIFA08 for a while). ;)

How is the AI? Do they misplace passes? Can you actually get in clsoe to them now, unlike Euro08?

I have my super penalty ready to view.

How do I upload it here please?

Upload it to for example Youtube first, then you simply copy the link to the Youtube video in a post of yours, and the video will be displayed in your post for all to click and enjoy. :)

If you don't have a Youtube account, there migth be other storage sites or video sites where you can host it, ask others. :)

the stupid things i do today and yesterday is keep checking psn. i don't want to but i can't helped it

Last edited:

baisti, u r an asshole. i didn't read your sky diving post. i go check in all 3 psn account. there;s nothing. only to realize. you were talking bout bS :-$

read two posts after that it was just a joke i know its hard i'm so excited but i just cant hide it ^^ ;-)

Back
Top Bottom