FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 09 - Discussion Thread

Tomorrow morning according to Sony.

that sucks big time. Good job i am still off work. Typical, i had the whole day and place to myself to play the demo where as tomorrow the missus is in and i have things to do. I had a gut feeling this would happen. When something seems to good to be true it normally bloody is

You sure you have not downloaded 08 again...

I've been enjoying everything apart from the shitty 2min halves and button lag. When passing/shooting its totally fine, but when im turning that's when I feel it is still slow.

I've been enjoying everything apart from the shitty 2min halves and button lag. When passing/shooting its totally fine, but when im turning that's when I feel it is still slow.
Let go of the sprint button!

If you're coming straight from PES it's a hard thing to let go. A very, very hard thing to let go, in-fact I still curse PES for giving the habit to me over the last ten years. But footballers don't run full-pelt all game. PES encourages you to hold down the sprint button from start to finish.

Only press sprint when you're in space, or you will constantly run into people and lose the ball.

That confirms that the demo will be up on the US PLAYSTATION Network tonight between 10:30pm and 11:30pm. Im going to stay up to get it. :)

Let go of the sprint button!

If you're coming straight from PES it's a hard thing to let go. A very, very hard thing to let go, in-fact I still curse PES for giving the habit to me over the last ten years. But footballers don't run full-pelt all game. PES encourages you to hold down the sprint button from start to finish.

Only press sprint when you're in space, or you will constantly run into people and lose the ball.

Excactly, wel explained Chris. My m8 must read this because I have tried to explain this to him when he constantly loses the ball.

Let go of PES and embrace Fifa, it feels like sacrilege but needs to be done to enjoy this gem. Just think 'real footy'...

I wouldn't read too much into that Playstation page, it was probably created before the delay was announced.

Had a weird bug, playing as Madrid, I had Gago sent off for a second yellow (didn't even remember him getting a first yellow so it's possible he made two fouls in the same period of play and when play was brought back he got 2x yellows) anyways at the end of the match he got MOM, scored a penalty in the shootout and in the stats wasn't listed as being booked once let alone twice.

Oh and IMO the freekick ball physics when not doing a power freekick has to be considered a bug, the movement is like that of a 50p plastic football you buy at the beach, it's funny because the rest of the ball physics is absolutely spot on.

After reading CB's comment about his Dad scoring a low shot, I have just been shooting in the arena, just taking low driven shots with a tap of B and they do go in quite a bit! They are actually effective - they need to be placed very well though.

Back
Top Bottom