FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 09 - Discussion Thread

You can change the speed in the demo options to slow/normal/fast.

I think normal is perfect.

:EASY::EASY: THANK YOU, you've made my day as i didn't wanna a game too fast and adjusting speed is great !!!!!!!
THANK YOU EVERYONE for all your infos and I can't wait till early October

That's true there was someone posting on the PES thread how even if it's crap we should buy PES because that's what "true" PES fans do, like we owe it to Konami to keep buying while they dilute, milk and squander a great product?... :LOL:

That was one of the most idiotic posts ever.

Konami deserve the backlash they've been getting over the last year or so. They've failed to listen to the community for years and failed to embrace next-gen technology. Even the CL license is not enough to get me interested in PES again.

I really like the game on "fast". Especially the ball physics feel better that way and it is more responsive. Great demo!

New juggling skills:

YouTube - Fifa 09 Juggling Skills Tutorial HQ

The A.I. is doing new things, probably due to custom tactics.

The game was tied near the end and Chelsea were no longer closed in their box, they were pressing really high, and attacking with a lot of men, which caused my quick counter attack goal near the end, they had like, 2 defenders when I got the ball back.

Also, subs seem a lot smarter now, and the 3 changes at 85m don't seem to happen any more...

Can anyone do the Chest Flick? I'm struggling...

any place to check psn updates online? not possible to go online with the ps3 atm

In terms of online game speed. I imagine it will work the same way as Football Manager. the host of the game selects the match speed. So when you go online, in the server list you will be able to filter by match speed and only play on the speed you prefer. Just like with game modes on FPS', eventually the "best" speed will be settled upon and most of the games online will be using that speed. So I suspect if slow is the best and most realistic any decent player will use this and it will be easy to find matches on slow speed.

That is just an educated guess, though.

Are you a big PES player? I think the three speed thing could swing a few more PES players to FIFA...

I think that's the idea of EA,making the game faster in order to attract PES fanboys and also keeping the other players who liked it slow.

I've found the tricks quite hard to pull-off in the demo. The AI is pretty tough.

Or maybe I'm just shit.:THINK:

nah just adjusting i had to do that with 08 when i bought it i found it quite unplayable but gave it some time and i havent looked back since.:SMOKIN:

Punzz, you realise the PC game is developed by a different team from the console versions? They're completely different games. It's a whole new ball game on the PS3/360.

Spent the last three hours playing the demo, very impressed. The responsiveness is just so much better - I've scored some cracking goals by desperately pressing shoot, expecting the defender to clear (as would happen in FIFA 08) but pressing anyway, only for the striker to whack it into the net.

The AI is vastly improved and can outplay you without cheating (or at least I haven't seen any yet), but the game comes to life when you play human opposition. I've been playing with TT all morning (who is made up you can change the buttons, no more bringing the goalie out by accident :D), and it is phenomenal in multiplayer. I can't wait to get this online.

I think the normal/fast speeds are too fast by the way - slow is a much more realistic speed for me. If you watch a real Premier League game next to FIFA 09 on normal, it doesn't match up IMO. Slow is the way to go.

Could anyone point out what the difference between slow and normal is? Is it everything like passes, player speed, AI only want to attack, constant high press or what? I hear a lot of people saying Euro 08 was fast but I thought I didn't see that because I play manual. But then Placebo who also play manual says he hate it because of the speed... confusing. But then again I thought that maybe Placebo was an exception because he normally only play with less skilled teams, and in Euro they're all very good.

If no one has an answer I'll get to try it tomorrow myself I guess if Xbox Live let us Silver users download it.

From what I've seen, slow replicates Fifa08 and Normal is like Euro2008. Not tried fast yet, but I'm guessing it will appeal to PES2008 fans.

Guys anything special about the nets :w00t::w00t: ?
They react like real nets. Not Football Kingdom styleé (which was a bit over the top IMO), just like real nets.

Could anyone point out what the difference between slow and normal is? Is it everything like passes, player speed, AI only want to attack, constant high press or what?
It's the speed that the game runs at... So the running speed of the players is slightly slower and the reaction times take a very very small hit on "slow". But it's worth playing on that IMO, to mirror the speed of a real match. The positives outweigh the negatives IMO.

Thank you but i did expect them to react as real nets ,my question was about comparing to FIFA 08
Like real nets, compared to FIFA 08. ;) That's what I meant. They're a lot better. Whack a shot into the roof of the net and they react beautifully.

Punzz, you realise the PC game is developed by a different team from the console versions? They're completely different games. It's a whole new ball game on the PS3/360.

Spent the last three hours playing the demo, very impressed. The responsiveness is just so much better - I've scored some cracking goals by desperately pressing shoot, expecting the defender to clear (as would happen in FIFA 08) but pressing anyway, only for the striker to whack it into the net.

The AI is vastly improved and can outplay you without cheating (or at least I haven't seen any yet), but the game comes to life when you play human opposition. I've been playing with TT all morning (who is made up you can change the buttons, no more bringing the goalie out by accident :D), and it is phenomenal in multiplayer. I can't wait to get this online.

I think the normal/fast speeds are too fast by the way - slow is a much more realistic speed for me. If you watch a real Premier League game next to FIFA 09 on normal, it doesn't match up IMO. Slow is the way to go.

Is it more dynamic? I always thought that good though FIFA 08 was, it often represented a wire frame version of football without the intricate bits in between the lines - down to AI not running in enough different directions - has this been improved on so that you can play closer to barcelona/arsenal/russia (i believe they belong in this category!) style which PES 5(no fanboy!) does so well at its best.

thanks

I am at work......Boooooo!!!!!

I have got the misses to download it for me now though - so when I get home it will be all ready for the Bobster to play - YEE HAA!!!!!

They react like real nets. Not Football Kingdom styleé (which was a bit over the top IMO), just like real nets.

It's the speed that the game runs at... So the running speed of the players is slightly slower and the reaction times take a very very small hit on "slow". But it's worth playing on that IMO, to mirror the speed of a real match. The positives outweigh the negatives IMO.

Oh là là là je suis trop content :EASY: .Fuck i'm gonna order this pronto via play-asia

Thanks, for some reason I never thought it was the overall speed of "time". That makes sense.

Back
Top Bottom