FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 09 - Discussion Thread

I like how Chelsea have changed their tactics. They had Drogba up and they were playing it to him to feet or head.

Last 10 they bring Anelka on and he tried to break the offside trap 3 times. Drogba didnt try that once. Class

wtf are psn playing at! there's no communication from them, its ridiculous, i presume its up on xbox live, why do ps3 consumers get left last!!
Because we don't pay for the online service, and because we actually own modified Laystations, where the original bit of hardware enables easy internet lays, a.k.a predatorism. Having the special Patience edition (or P-laystation) though like you and I, means we'll happily wait in silence til 5pm.

Has thou got a Laystation or a Playstation?

We'll still get the demo, it's not a huge difference. Sony prefer to upload each weeks updates in 1 big update rather than spend all day adding bits here and there. That's just how they do things - they're not doing anything different this week as it's the fifa demo. To them it's just another file that needs uploading onto the servers.

..and I still havn't scored. Is everyone playing on world class? Why can't you change it?

I tell you now Konami may as well give up

They are never making a game as good, fluid and as realistic as this

Woo, I scored :DD

Won a corner and whipped a neat ball into the near post. Raul was battling with a defender but he got ahead of him, the keeper came out and got nowhere near, header, goal!!

what happpens if i have my settings on fast and Nick Cave has his on slow and we play each other online. how would that work?

My biggest fear is that they would only use the normal speed for online gaming. It's still enjoyable, but I find the lower speed far more realistic.

Anyway, can't wait for the game to come out. I don't know if I'll be able to play FIFA 08 again now.

Even IF Konami could never create a game as realistic as FIFA they could always focus on a more arcady game to get a big audience. A game with more "action" and more "fun" to play. I'm not sure but I think NHL 2k9 which is a competitor to EA Sports NHL 09 does this. They go on about bringing back "fun" to ice hockey and have some over the top scoring type animations and such.

I rather see Konami really try to push FIFA to be even better though, I want them to really push this game towards "full" realism.

Damn, 110 people viewing the Fifa thread! If anyone would have predicted this two years ago, he would have been banned... :)

Woo, I scored :DD

Won a corner and whipped a neat ball into the near post. Raul was battling with a defender but he got ahead of him, the keeper came out and got nowhere near, header, goal!!

CW, as a fellow red, are you intending to buy PES as well with that official license and Champions League mode?

5 pm? fuck.means i gotta wait another 4-5 hours. and it's midnight over here by that time. stupid..

I have scored 1 goal and it was a brillaint passing move showing off the quick and clever runs the AI makes

and i am really struggling with the headers, i think its becuase im in 08 mode and hold 1 direction all the time to head and i keep getting under the ball :LOL:

Last edited:

I was a bit hasty on the graphic side of the PC demo. Just put Anti aliasing and antistropic filtering on then zoomed out in the camera and it looks a lot better

The buggy controller system is ruining it all for me though! I haven't played a fifa game in 5 years so im trying to adapt to the game

The Demo settings aren't saved either. I might have to wait for the full game i think

and i am really struggling with the headers, i think its becuase im in 08 mode and hold 1 direction all the time to head and i keep getting under the ball :LOL:

Oh crap, the heading in 08 is a massive bug bear of mine, it sucks big time, the way the AI always wins with your guy either refusing to jump or magically missing the ball... :((

Hi guys, I will hopefully be playing it tonight, don't have a console yet but my brother does and he's going to dload it. Quite excited now judging by the reactions on here!

The reaction to the PES video has been very positive but personally I think if you just ignore all the frilly Champions league stuff the underlying graphics and game engine are woeful. I think that must have been PC version with no AA because it just looks shocking imo.

I realllllly hope FIFA is as good as people are saying here. These last few hours are going to crawl by. I will deliver my verdict late this evening and bare in mind I am approaching it with a completely fresh perspective having not played FIFA 08 or any other FIFA game for years. So I will really be scrutinising it to see if it delivers a realistic game of football.

even when FIFA would be the perfect game, some people would still choose PES over it because of the name...

That's true there was someone posting on the PES thread how even if it's crap we should buy PES because that's what "true" PES fans do, like we owe it to Konami to keep buying while they dilute, milk and squander a great product?... :LOL:

Fair enough mate. How does Fifa 09 compare with the best PES/WE games from the last generation in your opinion (its obviously shits all over PES2008)?

FIFA 09 is up there with the best of PES. EA have obviously worked very hard over the last few years to get us all back playing the game and to me it feels like all their work has paid off

Demo is on usenet for those without Xbox Live access.

Yeah I struggle with heading as well, in Fifa08 heading is very easy, just hold down the button and attack the ball, in Euro you have to learn to time your headers but as I never played the game much I never bothered learning, now I have to learn :)

Do you mean you can adjust the speed of the game ?

Yes, slow, normal, fast.

Back
Top Bottom