FIFA 09 PS3/360 Discussion Thread

Re: FIFA 09 - Discussion Thread

I am blown away by this demo.

Things I love.

Ball physics are like nothing ever seen in a video game, so many deflections, and friction off the pitch, and the flight of the ball is superb.

Long pinging 60 yard passes are fantastic and can actually be pulled off, So a long ball tactic will work if needed.

Little subtle animations, for instance running down the wing your player will look up before crossing the ball as he is running.

The speed of the game and the responsiveness is perfect I find, I will play about with different speeds later.

Players "Feel" different this time around.

No cut scene before throw ins it happens straight away.

Power bar passing is much improved over Euro.

The goal nets react brilliantly, very very close to real life.

Players actually have untucked shirts. :DD

The players are slimmer and more authentic looking.

It's weird how there is only positive feedback of the demo in here. But on the official forum half of the post are negative. You would think it would be the opposite considering this is a PES forum.

Punzz, you realise the PC game is developed by a different team from the console versions? They're completely different games. It's a whole new ball game on the PS3/360.

They shouldn't be 2 completely different games though. Why can't they be as good as or better than the console versions? Does the Xbox 360 demo save your settings? Having to use they keyboard to play too cause sliding and through ball buttons aren't detected in the PAD menu

I'm getting used to the game and starting to enjoy it on the PC anyway. Haven't played a fifa game since Fifa 2003 on the PC so it was very hard at the start to get used to.

How do i change the difficulty on the pc demo? anyone know

Is it more dynamic? I always thought that good though FIFA 08 was, it often represented a wire frame version of football without the intricate bits in between the lines - down to AI not running in enough different directions - has this been improved on so that you can play closer to barcelona/arsenal/russia (i believe they belong in this category!) style which PES 5(no fanboy!) does so well at its best.

thanks
Teams have seperate playing styles with settings for the defensive line, pressure, width, directness of passing etc. so they play like their real-life counterparts would.

The AI is a lot more intelligent now, they will make much more intelligent runs and as Coopz said they will now make realistic substitutions (before they would swap defenders for strikers on occasion). They also push everyone forward if it's 0-0 with 20 minutes to go - they even change strategies, playing a much more direct style of football to get a goal.

Players feel a bit more individual now as well, players like Ronaldinho and Schneider feel like they literally have the ball glued to their foot, you can't lose the ball, whereas strong defenders really send strikers flying with their barges.

They shouldn't be 2 completely different games though.
Shouldn't be, but they are. The PC version is based on the PS2 engine because they can't bet on every FIFA player having spectacular PCs. The PS3/360 version is designed specifically for those consoles.

It's weird how there is only positive feedback of the demo in here. But on the official forum half of the post are negative. You would think it would be the opposite considering this is a PES forum.

That's because most here know how to play the game of football.

3 pages of it earlier was whinging about game speed, nothing about ball physics, player attributes, passing, shooting etc.

I downloaded the demo as soon as I woke up this morning which made me a little late for work. It was well worth it. I only got the play one game so I can't comment too much on it. But put it this way, I can't wait to get home to play some more. Can you change the difficulty?

i echo all the positive sentiments btw. sick demo. the player faces and bodies have improved 100000 fold. so much so it looks like a different game franchise.

navigating menus is easier too btw. pressing left or right skips half a page so you dont have to spend time scrolling tediously like before (yeh i know thats in PES but its a nice addition).

so much added. still playing.

What are the problems and complaints on the fifa forums? I don't want to head over there myself because i know i'll get pissed off by the usual stuff they have like people crying that 'they wanted the reebok xJ7 boots but they added the XJ6 so they sux and they're not buying fifa ever again.'

What are the problems and complaints on the fifa forums? I don't want to head over there myself because i know i'll get pissed off by the usual stuff they have like people crying that 'they wanted the reebok xJ7 boots but they added the XJ6 so they sux and they're not buying fifa ever again.'
No it's not boots n stuff, it's cameras, response, feel of ball and game speed issues...
:SS

I think you'll find that the average age on here is much higher than the average age of the EA forums, makes a big difference.

I played one match on fast, bloody horrible! Will try normal after I've had some dinner and done the laundry :)

I think you'll find that the average age on here is much higher than the average age of the EA forums, makes a big difference.

I played one match on fast, bloody horrible! Will try normal after I've had some dinner and done the laundry :)

Dinner ? So early ?

Unfortunately you can't change the difficulty in the PC version demo, at least until an expander or similar is released.

I must admit I take it with a pinch of salt, I value guys(and Girls) in here opinions over any other source TBH, but it is a puzzle...

Me too last year I checked this forums for infos and bought FIFA 08 a few months later and tbh every info I read was really accurate whether it was a positive or negative aspect of the game).

Back
Top Bottom