FIFA 09 Discussion Thread (Old)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: FIFA 09 Discussion Thread

I really think and hope FIFA 09 has long tape in the player accessories section as ronaldo,torres,nani and may others all wear it. This would add alot of individual realsim.

here is the original picture of ronaldo taking the free kick
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u74/pooplatapoo/FIFA_09_Screenshot_01.jpg

now here is the same pic but i edited long tape onto ronaldo. looks so much more realistic.
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u74/pooplatapoo/ronaldofif09.jpg

OMG!! HUGE DIFFERENCE :w00t:

this is why small things are VERY important, it looks so much better with that long ankle tape. they need to add that

Hope they sort out the night match lighting, they fixed it for euro. Hopefully they havent gone back as playing on a half lit pitch was rubbish imo.

Here is another picture i have edited. It is the one of rooney against arsenal I changed the colour of his boots and also gave him long tape. I realise rooney doesnt wear long tape but torres does with those boots and as there isnt a pic of torres i used rooney lol hahahaha. This just show how little accessories can be so important for the appearance of the game. Also long tape is a very popular accessorie worn by lots of players and i think its time fifa included it in there game.

Rooney long tape compared to original
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u74/pooplatapoo/roooncomp.jpg

close up C.Ronaldo long tape
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u74/pooplatapoo/cdotron.jpg

Last edited:

I can see it now, the Champions' League theme is blazing out across the PA, the anticipation is at fever pitch, the players take to the field....on their pogo sticks....yes, it's the Shark Heads versus Team 4 from League C.

the long tape looks quality - little touches like that is what its all about.

should be in the game.

and better nets...

and proper lighting on the pitch.

I can confirm I don't care about long tape being in Fifa09, manager mode improvements, now that's something I care about :)

Hope they sort out the night match lighting, they fixed it for euro. Hopefully they havent gone back as playing on a half lit pitch was rubbish imo.

I thought it was just my TV that was crap.

Old trafford at night just looks weird.

if the corners are still cloaked in darkness ill throw a skitz it was perfect and bright green in euro :D

haha long tape

lets get the gameplay sorted out before you put in detail!!!!

They're already aware thicker tape is needed, along with other accessories such as lycra shorts, leotards under shirts, multi coloured wrist bands for African/Caribbean players etc. etc. so hopefully we'll see them soon :)

Hahaha!

I was gonna say who actually cares that much about longer ankle tape?

Old Trafford does look very weird. Didn't really look that much like the stadium to me, just looked weird... the Fabregas picture everyone was talking about, to me and mates looked weird also, Cesc looks weird, and Scholes looked weird, Tevez looked alright from what I could see though.

Im sure the 250 key improvements will make the game that much better, but hopefully manager mode is improved, what sort of things you looking for Placebo?

Will the coveted long tape become the new "untucked shirts" :w00t: ?

News has dried up :( i thought this week was going to be like we get a little chunk of news everyday yet it was just the 1st :(

People going on about long tape (and other similar stuff) = Pathetic... IMO.
FFS, get a grip. I can't possibly understand why this gets to some people. Each to their own I guess but it gets on my tits coming on here and reading such shite. Rant over.

FFS, get a grip. I can't possibly understand why this gets to some people. Each to their own I guess but it gets on my tits coming on here and reading such shite. Rant over.

It's discussing things like this that help the slow news weeks pass.

So If you don't like it you know where to go.

the small details add to the atmosphere and realism of the game, and enhance the gameplay experience for many people. just as you want accurate faces, some want accurate boots - the more obsessed of us want accurate everything. boots, tape, free kick styles - headgear on keepers, individual player animations, net physicsm types of nets, net supports.....this is what we want...

back in the day - e3specially in the editing forums w/ the old winning eleven games on the ps2, these types of conversations were common place.

ironic how it was pro who used to deliver these details and fifa was more generic, now the tide is turning...

if you cant talk about it in a fifa/pro obsessed forum environment where can you discuss it!.....

Plenty of people don't care about singleplayer and think it's pathetic how I go on about my longing for manager mode improvements, if short ankle tape is what keeps some people awake at night who are we to decide they're pathetic or not? :)

They all look good apart from the one with Ronaldo's freekick, dunno why but when i first looked at it i thought it was a oldgen pic, seems very low quality compared to the others.

It's probably just that the scene isn't as nice with lighting and such. There isn't much to give it life.

It's in there and works fine, the only problem is you have to realise you need to do it quite early rather than in PES where you can do it at any time.....

Scored a great goal in Fifa08 where I played a through ball to an offside forward, realised right away he was offside so super cancelled him away from the ball, another player ran onto the ball from an onside position, was clean through and slipped it under the keeper :)

But that isn't Super Cancel. I assume it is Sprint + Dribble button (LT + RT)?
Because when you do that at any time, the player will slow down to a crawl (in other words, the Sprint button has lower priority than the Dribble/defence stance button), so while it may bypass AI routines, it is useless since your player won't move at high speed.

Besides, I've tried to do it at times, and often it won't work at all. It should be immediate, and the player should move at top speed.

Supercancel is an old gen concepts honestly, passing the ball-unlocking the player-and then run towards the ball isn't very advanced, i think what ea is propably trying to do is giving us the ability to decide where players off the ball should run before the pass and then passing to ball to him.

The difference is between trying to catch up the ball after the pass or organize strutcurally your attacking options.

But that isn't Super Cancel. I assume it is Sprint + Dribble button (LT + RT)?
Because when you do that at any time, the player will slow down to a crawl (in other words, the Sprint button has lower priority than the Dribble/defence stance button), so while it may bypass AI routines, it is useless since your player won't move at high speed.

Besides, I've tried to do it at times, and often it won't work at all. It should be immediate, and the player should move at top speed.

No sorry you're mistaken, it's LB+RT when using new alternative config, look for yourself in the list of controls under "Attacking Advanced" it's listed as "Cancel", it works to either cancel out a button press or to regain control from a scripted movement towards the ball.

Supercancel is an old gen concepts honestly, passing the ball-unlocking the player-and then run towards the ball isn't very advanced, i think what ea is propably trying to do is giving us the ability to decide where players off the ball should run before the pass and then passing to ball to him.

The difference is between trying to catch up the ball after the pass or organize strutcurally your attacking options.

Aslong as the games make your player run on a set path that you don't want them too - Then Supercancel needs to be in a Game......end of story.

Like when a diagonal ball comes along the ground and the player runs into the space he thinks it will end up - you can't stop him from running into that space. Aslong as that happens you need Super cancel in the game.

Seriously, will hair bands be in this game because if they are not whats the point?

If players don't have earrings taped up im not getting it

I think someone already answered this but...

I love football, i try to watch every game on TV and so when i buy a footy game i would like it to be as realistic as possible, i want to play what i watch.

I am not saying they should sacrifice something to add long ankle tapes but if they have the time it wouldnt take long and it would add alot to the presentation and realism.

I dont care for Online play but you dont see me crying at people who want loads of online bullshit :|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom