FIFA 09 Discussion Thread (Old)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: FIFA 09 Discussion Thread

They all look good apart from the one with Ronaldo's freekick, dunno why but when i first looked at it i thought it was a oldgen pic, seems very low quality compared to the others.

I thought that looked superb (especially impressed with Ronaldo having his free kick stance :w00t:)

Except for the nets (:|) everything there looks good and "nextgen" to me

Yeah, this one is sublime...looks and feels like you're really there, even if it is probably Photoshopped a bit.

Looking at that screenshot though, it seems like the badly floodlit pitches (where the sides/corners of the pitch are pitch-black) are still there.

Supercancel much?

That better be in there, I am not going to watch another of my players running like the wind to intercept a ball when clearly the ball will be intercepted by an opponent some 50 feet from where my player is headed, and not being able to do anything about it.

It's in there and works fine, the only problem is you have to realise you need to do it quite early rather than in PES where you can do it at any time.....

Scored a great goal in Fifa08 where I played a through ball to an offside forward, realised right away he was offside so super cancelled him away from the ball, another player ran onto the ball from an onside position, was clean through and slipped it under the keeper :)

I concur with the nets, it may seem minor but if they react the right way it makes scoring a scorcher feel 100 times better

It's in there and works fine, the only problem is you have to realise you need to do it quite early rather than in PES where you can do it at any time.....

It has no business being in there. The cpu should not be controlling my player...EVER.

That wouldn't be the Euro 08 stadiums would it? :MAD:

they never added the tournament stadiums to the follow-up, at a maximum 1 or 2 and only the biggest. so expect some nice new grounds, hopefully.

Looking at that screenshot though, it seems like the badly floodlit pitches (where the sides/corners of the pitch are pitch-black) are still there.

Im hoping this still might be changed before the final version is out. Its quite annoying. No stadium has such bad lighting.

they never added the tournament stadiums to the follow-up, at a maximum 1 or 2 and only the biggest. so expect some nice new grounds, hopefully.
I never really notice the stadiums to be honest, they should have some more smaller grounds though, they don't have to be real or licenced. Playing with loser league teams means playing in the same stadium over and over...

I never really notice the stadiums to be honest, they should have some more smaller grounds though, they don't have to be real or licenced. Playing with loser league teams means playing in the same stadium over and over...

Loser league? You mean the SPL? :LOL:

I also want more smaller stadia...with atmosphere to match.

i agree there, one thing i surely hope for though is that they get rid of "de les artes", i hate that one! every second match in fifa 08 was played there, every mid-table club was assigned to it. sick of it! :)

HAHA, our leagues are loser leagues Nick, let's face it. At least your Wrexham are getting a buyout though.

This lower-league stuff reminds me actually, one thing I do hope they change is the lower-league experience. I bought the game looking forward to being Tranmere and after a week of 40+ matches in the same stadium, with the same commentary, it just killed the experience. As soon as I started a game as Liverpool it was a totally different world, a different stadium each week and the commentators giving you the history of the FIXTURE (never mind the history of an individual team). It felt much more alive.

I realise to record meaningful commentary for all the teams would be hard work, but at least make more than one stadium for each level of play.

How about also a proper training mode ala PES alongside the Arena thingy ?

one can only dream that it is included as one of the 250 fixes.

Edit: Reading one of the interviews placebo posted, I'm pretty sure there is only the arena to practice in... what a shame.

Last edited:

It wouldn't make sense really but i guess we can't have it all ....

I really think and hope FIFA 09 has long tape in the player accessories section as ronaldo,torres,nani and may others all wear it. This would add alot of individual realsim.

here is the original picture of ronaldo taking the free kick
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u74/pooplatapoo/FIFA_09_Screenshot_01.jpg

now here is the same pic but i edited long tape onto ronaldo. looks so much more realistic.
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u74/pooplatapoo/ronaldofif09.jpg

:LOL: Konami seem to have the Champions League licence, I KNEW IT! the balance will now shift people Konami will eat up all the licenses so we'll have great gameplay on FIFA with Man Red and Mersyside Red, that day is coming people im telling you !:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom