FIFA 09 Discussion Thread (Old)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: FIFA 09 Discussion Thread

Ha, ha , ha. That reminds me a lot of my clients (I work on advertising). They want things done for yesterday. Even if they haven't given the materials needed. Why does people need to be so selfish and single-minded? Does these people understand the basics of time, space and physics?

it is a question nothing less nothing more!

people getting angry over that obviously have bigger issues!

Fifasoccerblog stated they would be pictures last night 11PM BST

so I was only asking why they were not there and JayD's reply was a joke 2 to it was only a question

Last edited:

Thanks for all the links Placebo, I prefer to watch vids off my hard drive rather than stream.

i liked all the improvmens ea is doing for fifa09 this year.
better player reaction responsivnes was a must for ea to take they game to the right direction, coz that's where fifa games feelt short in terms of gameplay, i never feelt fully in controll when i was controlling the player in previus fifa.

also to finaly see the diference on the player u controll, deppending on they size and strength its a big plus for the gameplay, with lots more new animations its great.
(i just hope all the players feel different to eachother, with realistic stength and weeknes, like they are in real life).

cosumizing ur own formation, and play the game the way u want its also a big walcome addition.

pes always did this 3 importand things so well, and always had the edge over fifa for so many years in terms of gameplay,
if ea manage to pull this 3 things off greatly, it will stand no chance for pes this year, untill konami will hopefully work on they new engine.

but the improvment list for fifa09 is long, and they sems to improve they game in every aspect, such be a pro 4 sesion (i can^t wait for that to try it out)
online is better and biger online modes etc...
i thing is a good steep fowards from 08 but that's only if they deliver.
what we didn't hear in detail is edit mode, i hope editing is deep this year, as that was always crap in fifa.

sorry guys for the long writting and my bad spelling in english, i do read everyday, but can't be arsed to writte:D but this news from fifa09 has been positiv so far

Fifa 09 is going to be awesome gameplay-wise according to all the previews, I can't wait.

I wonder if it's going to have a propper practice mode this time around, like in PES. I have spent dozens of hours on the training mode of PES in past years. Fifa's arena is pretty cool for practicing skill moves but it would be better if we had one like in PES. Using the normal game camera, selecting what players are going to be on field just to practice taking shots against the keeper, practicing free-kicks with walls and corners etc... It's really great.

I'd also love to have a EDIT mode like in PES, get rid of the fucking required points for editing, I like editing player stats from smaller teams from Brazil, PES's edit mode is very deep and easy to use.

Hopefully EA puts those 2 things in Fifa 09.

FSB update on pics

"No new pics yet guys, we're not allowed.

A big site has come in and got the exclusive on the game, lucky them. You should see who when the next batch of news hits."

Shaka zulu ;)

Back on topic, Pretty lame really we won't be getting fifa news till that site decides to. Hope we get to see a great quality of gameplay vid.

FSB update on pics

"No new pics yet guys, we're not allowed.

A big site has come in and got the exclusive on the game, lucky them. You should see who when the next batch of news hits."

never appreciate the effort though.:TU:

So when they give fifa 09 a 10/10 and it turns out an ok game i know who to blame :lol:

In that case you're a PC fanboy. ;)

I don't think that anyone here is PC fanboy unless they start saying that FIFA or any game should PC exclusive blablabla.....listen, I think that the 360 and PS3 are wonderful consoles and I would love to own either of them, but not everyone can afford them consoles yer know. so most of us are stuck with PES2008/PES6 and FIFA 08(last gen), thats why we're hoping for a better version this time around.
And we all use the PC to do work or use the internet and modify the graphics of games, lets say, player faces, boots, stadiums, etc.

For FIFA 09 its more of hope rather than expectation but from the interviews I've read at PC IGN(FIFA09 preview), it does look rather promising but we can't tell for sure until the demo is released.

and the implementation of the FPS style(using the mouse and keyboard) is an interesting idea. lets hope it turns out well.

cheers

The PSM3 video shows manual passing or something similar to UEFA Euro 2008. If you look closely you can see that when a pass is made a power bar above the players name is present. This indicates some form of passing meter.

The PSM3 video shows manual passing or something similar to UEFA Euro 2008. If you look closely you can see that when a pass is made a power bar above the players name is present. This indicates some form of passing meter.

:LOL:

Thats EURO 2008 :LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom