FIFA 09 Discussion Thread (Old)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: FIFA 09 Discussion Thread

At this point PES has more to prove than fifa. fifa is just continually getting better each year from 07 to 08 then from the champions league and Euro games as well.

honestly Fiofa 08 was great fifa 09 will be slightly better and thats all that t needs to be slightly better tweaked a bit

the IS a rumore that they are toying with the idea of speed slider for fifa 09 though!

i hope they will improve gameplay, not just graphic for PC. for example, motion capture in fifa 08 for PC was way behind today's standards... they must fix gamplay and motion capture.

Stuff me I can't believe some people and this damn differing graphics between console and PC what the hell does it matter? You buy Console or PC, choice is yours. Holy crapolla it's a FIFA 09 discussion, it was bad enough with Sony v Xbox bitching.

Stuff me I can't believe some people and this damn differing graphics between console and PC what the hell does it matter? You buy Console or PC, choice is yours. Holy crapolla it's a FIFA 09 discussion, it was bad enough with Sony v Xbox bitching.

not to forget the usual FIFA Vs PES

we can't blame the heat today, it seems that some people like being argumentative just for the sake of it:NONO:

not to forget the usual FIFA Vs PES

fanboyism has never made sense to me, I have no loyalty to any company especially a games company. seriously some people around here act like they made the games themselves it's just so stupid. Fanboys need to get a life, go out once in a while meet new people it's easier than it looks trust me.

The last couple of pages in this thread are really big sucky ones.

I wonder if they ever will make the AI aware of the pitch boundary. Feels a bit lame when they run with full speed to chest out a ball when the obvious action a non retarded person would do is to leave the ball and take a throw in.

fanboyism has never made sense to me, I have no loyalty to any company especially a games company. seriously some people around here act like they made the games themselves it's just so stupid. Fanboys need to get a life, go out once in a while meet new people it's easier than it looks trust me.

I agree 100% with you,it's only about the best possible football game and not the favorite company

Ajaxforever and Placebo - somewhere you are right of course , but now I am sure fifa will fight with pes fo PC crown this year.

ps2 interview

IGN: One of the new advances implemented in this year's PS2 title is the "Easy Play" control scheme. Explain the new schematic.

Paul Hossack: There's two different groups of users on PS2 right now. There's a hardcore group of users, but, on the other hand, a new group of users who either got a PS2 handed down to them or bought a PS2 because it's cheaper. That's a casual gamer, and with that in mind, we've given them a control scheme that allows them to jump in and have a good match right away.

You'll only need to use two buttons to have a good match: X and circle. X will do a smart pass, a lob or through ball, whatever works, so you don't have to worry about those decisions. Circle shoots. On defense, X switches players and circle performs a slide tackle. It boils it down to something simple and users don't get overwhelmed.

You don't even have to move the left stick to dribble, so the autopilot takes over and intelligently dribbles for you, but if you want to take control, you just use the stick and take control right over again. The beauty is that it lets you in at your own pace, because the other buttons still work, but you don't have to use them right away.

IGN: Is this a schematic that's going to be exclusive to the PS2?

Paul Hossack: This one is designed specifically for the PS2. We're trying to make games for the right platform this year, so the Wii will be good for the Wii

IGN: How is the difficulty of the AI play affected by using the "Easy Play" scheme relative to playing with the normal control mechanic?

Paul Hossack: There's two different scenarios. When it's two friends playing, the CPU AI will be defined by how you set it up in the game settings. Just by the fact that you've turned on Easy Play isn't going to make the teams play better or worse. If you turn on Easy Play as a default for the profile, then it will change the difficulty level to Easy Play, which is below Amateur; that makes it easier to take on without being overwhelmed. The cool thing is that you still have control over the game settings, so you can crank it up to Amateur and still use the same control system.

IGN: One of the other effects that have seen a dramatic shift this year is 1v1 battles. How have they been modified?

Paul Hossack: The 1v1 battles we really looked at because we watch a lot of football at work, and we wanted to add more depth to our game to reflect reality. We've blown out shielding, in that our control player is actively shielding and he's actively trying to get in the way of the opposing player. If I'm the one with the ball and I'm being pressed, the attributes have a big impact on the situation, especially strength. There's a low chance a weaker defender will be able to get the ball off my foot. I'd be able to push him off if I had a lot of strength. The right stick allows you to push the defender off, but if you get caught with an elbow, it's a foul.

We also built up two new trick moves based around this. The first is the scoop turn -- if I'm shielding someone and they're about to come along the right side, I can scoop using my right foot to get away from with them to get a really good advantage, but if I pick the wrong way, I'm giving you the ball.

The second move is the rainbow flick; if I time it right, I can flip the ball over their head and be a half-step ahead of them going in the other direction. This is the high-level stuff we'll see right away, but the AI has been tuned for acceleration speed properly to make the balance work. We've also made sure that people without the ball on their foot can run faster.

IGN: How much of shielding is going to be technique over strength? Is it going to be possible for a smaller team to shield, say, Chelsea off the ball?

Paul Hossack: One of the goals around authenticity is to make it play real. Leeds will struggle to beat Liverpool, but we want to make sure the teams are balanced and proper. A good player will always be able to win, though, if he plays well. The disparity between the two clubs can be matched by the disparity between the two gamers. My art director played a match against my AI producer with Easy Play, and he's awful at the game, but he won 3-0. The AI producer played with the worst team, but this comes into play. People who are friends but one is mediocre at FIFA can actually beat their buddy.

Because they're not ready yet, now get a bloody grip.

Last edited:

Just be patient, in the end we'll see the screenshots. The game won't be releasing for ages anyway. I read the interview a few pages back, and I'm quite interested in the new Fifa, and will probably buy it.

FIFASOCCERBLOG still no pics ???? and why not

Ha, ha , ha. That reminds me a lot of my clients (I work on advertising). They want things done for yesterday. Even if they haven't given the materials needed. Why does people need to be so selfish and single-minded? Does these people understand the basics of time, space and physics?

here is a new screen
I love the fans as they can stand now and wave their arms. seems like an awesome atmosphere. and I like ronaldos freekick stance

FIFA09_PS3X360_014.jpg

Ha, ha , ha. That reminds me a lot of my clients (I work on advertising). They want things done for yesterday. Even if they haven't given the materials needed. Why does people need to be so selfish and single-minded? Does these people understand the basics of time, space and physics?
working in advertising you should have heard of the term ' false advertising ' , nobody would have cared if they werent promised last night , you dont make claims like that unless you have the things in hand ready to post. people are sick of being bullshitted by wenb and fsb

NO!:DD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom