FIFA 09 Discussion Thread (Old)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: FIFA 09

no because the Fifa interactive world cup is exclusive to the PS3 so its a feature that was missing in the 360 anyway!

unless Microsoft wants to sponsor the competition again like it used to do...

fiwc has alway been a playstation exclusive, it was only on 360 bcos fifa07 wasnt on the ps3

sony sponsors the real worldcup, thats why its an exclusive

Re: FIFA 09 Discussion Thread

Eh la, it looks like the game has improved a lot graphically. That picture of Benzema running is just brilliant, the player model is a lot better and the crowd is just... :WORSHIP:

Hopefully they have also focused on fixing the gameplay, can't wait for more news. :DD
Do you see that the main part of the crowd does not look at the field?:LOL:

Last edited:

Don't get these fellas who keep nitpicking trying to find faults in each game!! surely ultimately you just want the perfect football game - or as close to it as possible - irrespective of brand...

The way i look at it - Pro evo is my wife (years of loyal service, the good times were unbelievable, maybe unsurpassable but lately she's taken a turn for the worse. Her age is showing.) Then this gorgeous little treacle (Fifa) starts working in my office - she's young, fresh, very pretty, naive in places but ultimately time spent with her is delightful - a welcome break from my monotonous, aging wife! I tell myself its only a one off - my wife will have some work done - we will fall in love all over again!!

then i start getting a few pictures sent to me from the young one, SHE's had some work done(fifa 09) !! she looks stunning...and i cant resist going in again. meanwhile the misses new makeup cant cover the wrinkles of past years.

It looks like I'm leaving my wife. :((

So long, I'm more interested in the gameplay elements than in graphics. Fifa 08 graphics were enough to me, so any improvement is welcome.

As always, my worries are about manual passing and shooting, being able to defend properly, having a solid convincing cpu AI, etc...

About the pes and fifa comparisons, to me there's now a full generation gap between them. I don't mind the graphics, but pes needs a new game engine (not talking about a graphics engine) while fifa 09 needs only adjustments.

Pleased with the tactics options. I've enjoyed A LOT Euro 2008 in offline multiplayer. I only play this mode. It's gorgeous, impressive and recquires a LOT of practice, skill and footy knowledge but at the end I defend quite well and have done really impressive teamplay.

There are still a lot of annoyances here and there, some of them will be fixed (fingers crossed) in 09 and some won't. I'm still waiting for at least 32 movement directions or so, but I know it won't be in the game.

Then there's one thing I really appreciate and makes a huge difference to me. The way EA, since fifa 08, is merchandising the product. The have worked hard in the game, but also in the communications department. The interviews with the producer, the in-depth q&a, and the way they talk about what are they doing to the game and how, and listening to the consumers... that's amazing. Last year that effort really worked well and I began appreciating what FIFA could offer. And at the end, all they were saying was true (95% at least). This year I know I can be confident with the new info, and I can see how they are passionate about the game and about the real sport.

And that's something PES is lacking soooooo much....

I am positively impressed by body models, smooth animations and passes into space. All things that make the game feel immensively better.

PC's are for surfing the web not playing games.

Get with the times all those moaning about the PC versions need to get a grip.

Nice to see we can still have an adult discussion here. Genuinely asking a question why the PC screens look slightly worse in comparison to the consoles and I get this response? How old are you, 14? Anyway, back to the game in hand.

Last edited:

I think it's probably safe to say that the majority of us are pleased with what we have seen so far, I know I am

Last edited:

Nice to see we can still have an adult discussion here. Genuinely asking a question why the PC screens look slightly worse in comparison to the consoles and I get this response? How old are you, 14? Anyway, back to the game in hand.

Nobody can take a joke around here it's fucking shit.

You can, you've just got to tag a disclaimer at the bottom of it or follow it up with a smiley. ;)

(Like that)

Is anyone else concerned we will have even better super human keepers this
time round with their ability to change direction mid dive, if it's not implemented correctly.

No I think it will be fine and anyway I prefer super human to disabled!

I think most people who have a problem with the gk's aint that good at the game I think the goalies in fifa 08 and euro 2008 make mistakes for different shots... time and time again! and I think thats what they are trying to sort out a well taken shot is a goal where as just doing the same finish over and over again should result in a 50/50 like euro 2008 yes this may be abit super human but its for the good of the game IMO

time round with their ability to change direction mid dive, if it's not implemented correctly.

Hope not i hope they are better parrying stuff and not as bad as Club Football keepers god they were insane super human freaks. :LOL:

i know what you means ea might have created a new way for the keepers to cheat, all that's missing missing now is the cape for the super keepers
2z6ttDr25P.gif
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=othOwMAwouE

Last edited:

That's not exactly what he meant though. He just said that goalkeepers will be able to slightly modify themselves if they dive in a bad way, such as put out a hand in the direction of the ball.

PES has had that for years, but in the case of PES it is quite poorly done, such as goalkeepers managing to bounce up to catch a chipped shot after almost lying on the ground with their feet in awkward positions.
Should be good I reckon, at least the goalkeepers will be able to save situations where they might've previously just been completely helpless and dumb-looking (if all they had to do was to extand a hand to stop the ball trickling past them or such).

didn't i read somewhere about pitch wear in game, or was I just hoping for it? This has to be implemented when we get a truly next gen incarnation.

You mean as in dynamic during the course of a match or over the length of a season? The latter's in Fifa08 of course but hadn't heard about the former, would of course be nice but to be honest I'm already a little concerned about where they freed up CPU/GPU cycles for the on pitch referee/linesmen........

I hope the crowd cheer more when you score and there isnt a delay to them cheering

Going back to page 6 of this thread there is a post about the improvements in FIFA 09. Every one has been pretty much confirmed so it seems accurate. That means that there will be a dugout with animated staff and subs will warm up along the sideline!

Re: FIFA 09

fiwc has alway been a playstation exclusive, it was only on 360 bcos fifa07 wasnt on the ps3

sony sponsors the real worldcup, thats why its an exclusive

No once again talking **** from somewhere

Microsoft Sponsored the tournament for 4 years

FIFA 04
FIFA 05
FIFA 06
FIFA 07

I know so because I was the finals for the last 2...

Sony got the Deal once Microsoft didn't want to extend the partnership!

Well the scottish EA bloke said they were working on them being more human. He acknowldedged that they were a combination of super human and silly last year and said they'd done an enormous amount of work on smoothing this out.

So what do we have now? First Fifa pics looking amazing getting footie fans out there in enthusiasm. First PES screenies seen with very mixed feelings. I really wished Konami wouldnt have released that "ingame" shot of 2009. That imo was the pic that ruined the excitment. Close Ups look great though. But I was thinking that with the release of the pics of pes09 they wanted to create a huge positive impact on the fans. But now thats what happenend with the fifa pics. Hope to see more gameplay soon.

My personal opinion is that gampelay-wise Fifa wont be better than Pro Evo BUT there are more things to a good game than gameplay. Sound stupid, but if you have such nice graphics, a great online mode and all of the licences you HAVE the better product out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom