FIFA 09 Discussion Thread (Old)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: FIFA 09

I'd like more teams (esp Latin and Eastern Europe), more official kits, or an edit mode to make your own teams. Also I think they should have a lot more national teams. They can take all the UEFA nations from Euro 2008 and then they can easily have all the CONMEBOL nations too. That way you could play qualifiers for WC2010 in those regions.

hey i have read that all easports games now have some some sort of virtual training/coaching that not only teaches noobs how to play their games but it also assesses your skill level and sets the game accordingly what do you guys think of that!!!

LAMI MANNNNNNN pls help me ive been trying too get on the wenb forums for months but i neva get the email about my password pls tell the guys from the forums plssssssssss

hi i just watched the tiger woods 09 interview and i think the auto level thing is linked to your created character and not your over all skill level as in you won't begin with a character that is 60 ovr he could start off at 70 or 80 depending on how good you are.

Last edited:

LAMI MANNNNNNN pls help me ive been trying too get on the wenb forums for months but i neva get the email about my password pls tell the guys from the forums plssssssssss

Try to search in your bulk/trash/spam folder.

I'm using Gmail and I've found WENB email there. ;)

Game ships in september, now mid june, it means main code is almost over, what about a nice video Peter Moore?? Stop wasting ur days watchinig euro2008, england is not in...

Game ships in september, now mid june, it means main code is almost over, what about a nice video Peter Moore?? Stop wasting ur days watchinig euro2008, england is not in...

i know its stupid because nba live 09 comes out in october and there's a video for that. fight night round 4 doesn't come out till next year and i've atleast seen a video even if it is only mocap.????

all trailers they have shown are trying to target the americans, the nba finals just passed nfl is going to start up again soon

and they have a game called euro 2008 out which they wan't everyone to buy i don't expect gameplay until after the tournament is over

all trailers they have shown are trying to target the americans, the nba finals just passed nfl is going to start up again soon

and they have a game called euro 2008 out which they wan't everyone to buy i don't expect gameplay until after the tournament is over
I dont think we will see any in-game action until late July Early August perhaps lads. HOPEFULLY ill be going to Leipzig and ill do a Video Podcast from there.

As a personal request to me Doc I want you to ask if they've revamped the awful AI underdog logic from Euro, if they say no you must punch them in the face 11 times please.

As a personal request to me Doc I want you to ask if they've revamped the awful AI underdog logic from Euro, if they say no you must punch them in the face 11 times please.

why?

i think its very realistic when shit teams play 5-4-1 or 4-5-1

when have you seen Faroe Islands play 4-4-2 or something attacking against the likes of England, Portugal, Germany?

why?

when have you seen Faroe Islands play 4-4-2 or something attacking against the likes of England, Portugal, Germany?

Because those shit teams can play perfect passing style all the time.

why?

No offence but you clearly have no clue what I'm talking about.

Who mentioned formation? Certainly not me, what I'm talking about is when I play against an underdog, for example me as England v Macedonia and magically these Macedonian players with 50 in tackling can make perfectly timed tackles constantly, these players with 60 in passing can spray the ball around making 30 complete passes without my England players being able to get close to them, playing against them in qualifying there was a 10 minute spell where they simply passed the ball around me like they were Brazil and I was Scunthorpe, absolutely ridiculous, frustrating and abysmal game design. This was all on Semi-Pro mind, not even legendary.......

Fifa08's underdog logic is annoying but it can be beaten by playing focussed, fast paced football, in Euro it's just tedium and I refuse to play the shite game.

BSx2.

And no I'm not crap, I could win in Fifa08 on Legendary with an all star team against the AI no problem, hell I had to give up on PES because even at 6* the game was no challenge.

BSx2.

And no I'm not crap, I could win in Fifa08 on Legendary with an all star team against the AI no problem, hell I had to give up on PES because even at 6* the game was no challenge.

yeah any man who's wife brings home the bacon cant possibly suck at video games :), and yes we are all jealous

LOL true, it is nice, except she's having to work through the holiday weekend coming so no fishing trip out of town sadly :(
ahh shit that sucks! hey man we have alot more in common then i thought, i fish as much as possible. Going this saturday hunting for some big bass!

Who mentioned formation? Certainly not me, what I'm talking about is when I play against an underdog, for example me as England v Macedonia and magically these Macedonian players with 50 in tackling can make perfectly timed tackles constantly, these players with 60 in passing can spray the ball around making 30 complete passes without my England players being able to get close to them, playing against them in qualifying there was a 10 minute spell where they simply passed the ball around me like they were Brazil and I was Scunthorpe, absolutely ridiculous, frustrating and abysmal game design. This was all on Semi-Pro mind, not even legendary.......

Fifa08's underdog logic is annoying but it can be beaten by playing focussed, fast paced football, in Euro it's just tedium and I refuse to play the shite game.

I have 0 problems in destroying the minnows on semi or pro once I get to world class this is where I start to get the same frustrations

oh ok then yeah i agree :|

FIFA 08 has that too, Derby play like Brazil and so on

one problem is if they fixed this wouldnt the game be too easy?

one problem is if they fixed this wouldnt the game be too easy?
I wonder if there's a team sports game out there (released on a recent console, I'm not talking about the Amiga days etc.) where the CPU play is perfectly implemented? Where playing poor teams means an easy win and playing great teams means a loss because they play an intelligent, tactical game without resorting to glitches, cheats or superhuman abilities? Serious question. Perhaps it's just too hard to do, perhaps technology just isn't advanced enough yet to make eleven seperate players play like their human counterparts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom