FIFA 09 Discussion Thread (Old)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: FIFA 09

Nick made quite a random remark to Lami, implying that Lami's mother's teeth were dripping with ejaculation fluid. :anx:
:BLINK:

Why do I always miss the interesting topics of discussion. So is he banned? :LOL:

EDIT: Oh he is banned. That seemed rather random.

It's not the first offensive remark he's made to someone, he was building up a little portfolio for himself.

But let's stick to the topic now if we can. :)

Ah, the interesting bits always get deleted here. Install a mod instead saying a "explicit content" tag onto the end of topic titles in the forum view, I say. And have a Hall of Shame area or dungeon for site offenders to get whacked in. Makes the place more natural, not a censored haven :)

Back on topic as requested, after playing FIFA08 a lot more recently, I have to agree with Placebo & co about Manager Mode needing a big rehash. I hate how no other teams sign anyone unless it's from you, how injuries are for one week only and the AI is infuriating. On a 6 game run I simmed a game against 20th place Watford at home to lose 1-0 even though I had 25 shots to 1... Learn a little from Sports Interactive please EA. Well actually, their shots-to-goals ratio is a bit shit at times too. Please though, just a lot more changes to Manager Mode and more fluid gameplay with better AI and I'm a happy bunny.

I disagree with the first part, Fifa08's AI is far more playable than Euro's, yes there's still some crappy underdog AI logic but it's far less frustrating to beat smaller teams in Fifa than it is in Euro.......

Both games have the problem that the AI is reacting to what you're doing after 1/100 of a second (inhuman). Most of the time by twisting and turning like a madman, and also by inch perfect passes.

I like a challenging game but it should be fair.

I think it boils down to what you can live with, it's a shame I know, there are things in both PES (not 2008 :-##) and 08 that are clear AI tweaks, shall we say to change/manipulate outcomes. Some you can live with and some that have you bouncing pads... I don't see how that will change, they may be less obvious but I think we are some way off losing them all together..:anx:

Yeah I agree, Fifa08's AI naughtiness I can live with, EURO's I can't, watching Macedonia ping 30 perfect passes around my England team for 10 mins gametime just makes me want to hurt people in very cruel ways.

what i dislike the most is how the ai is so smart and your team mates are so dumb. at higher difficulty levels it seems they just dumb down your players and it is 1 vs 11

I disagree with the first part, Fifa08's AI is far more playable than Euro's, yes there's still some crappy underdog AI logic but it's far less frustrating to beat smaller teams in Fifa than it is in Euro.......

I think the secret to Euro08 is to play as a minnow yourself.

I've been playing as the Faroes - in CYC mode, as I despise normal single player mode, both in Euro08 and FIFA08 - but when I've come up against fellow minnows, we've tended to skin them. Had some nice, scrappy wins against bigger teams, too.

I could live with FIFA09 being based on either FIFA08 or Euro08. I'll only be playing be-a-pro in single player mode and the main fun will be 5v5 (or 9v9...or better still, 2v2) on-line anyway.

For me, normal single player mode is dead until AI makes huge leaps...probably next-next-gen....at the very earliest.

Yeah I agree, Fifa08's AI naughtiness I can live with, EURO's I can't, watching Macedonia ping 30 perfect passes around my England team for 10 mins gametime just makes me want to hurt people in very cruel ways.

Thats the same for FIFA 08 :|

Derby play like brazil and so on, and playing as Man UTd derby seem to have better player :SS thats why i hated the most, players were too similar where as on EURO you can actually get pass players that are worse

It's shocking, it really is, and I bet I don't get a formal apology in writing or anything! Took me hours to think out and write that post as well, hours!

Remember I left England in 2004 so if it's some British TV reference I won't have seen it ;)

I want AI improved, manager mode improved, slightly improved response time over Fifa08 would be nice, I want to see all these things fixed:

• Licensed GK kits for teams other than in the upper echelons
  • English league play-offs? Or come to that play-offs for all other countries/leagues that have them
  • Cup finals played at real cup final venues. Or for countries that don't have a cup final stadium licensed then at least play the final at a neutral stadium.....
  • European tournament cup finals played at randomly changing international cities
  • Improved fatigue system, players cannot run around for 90 minutes when they start a match exhausted

• Improved injury simulation, should be more inuries, knocks that last a full match and for a number of days but the player can still player with the knock (although not at 100% attributes and increased risk of worsening the injury), then of course we must get proper injuries, not the same old 7 day injuries, we should see muscle tears requiring weeks out, even broken legs/arms/toes requiring months out etc. etc.

Flaws in manager mode, especially pertaining to AI......

• AI substitutions that make no sense, taking off an attacking player to bring on a defender in an attacking position when needing a goal (I'm not talking about throwing on a defender in with the attackers to get a goal, but keeping 442, replacing the right winger with a CB (example Ronaldo replaced by Pique!)
  • AI playing players out of position, Peter Crouch and Rob Hulse at CB? I think not.
  • AI replacing retired players with inappropriate players, Solano retires as West Ham AM, replaced with Dean Ashton at AM, Viduka retires as target man forward, replaced by Aaron Lennon (bought from me)
  • AI buying a player for £2m who has a rating twice as good as any other player in the team and he never plays.
  • AI not choosing appropriate players for freekicks/corners when the default kickers are missing from the lineup.
  • AI not buying players other than from the human manager.
  • AI loaning players and never play them, or even if they do get played they gain no experience points.
  • AI not making transfers to improve/repair their squads because of selling players or players retiring.
  • AI not not rotating players resulting in players with 5% fitness starting and finishing matches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom