FIFA 09 Discussion Thread (Old)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: FIFA 09

I can't play FIFA with PES controls and I can't play PES with FIFA controls. I can only use each game's defaults :).

thats just confusing

i end up running through on goal and hoofing it over or running down the wing and shooting :LOL:

i know this has nothing to do with fifa but it might be

EA Sports Fantasy Football Delivers Console-Based Tools and In-Game Integration with Madden NFL 09
EA Sports Fantasy Football is the complete fantasy football experience.
US, June 16, 2008 - Electronic Arts Inc., (NASDAQ: ERTS) announced today that EA Sports Fantasy Football will be launching a new website, fantasy.EASPORTS.com and will have fantasy football applications specific to the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system and PlayStation 3 computer entertainment system later this summer. The web-based service of EA Sports Fantasy Football is free, while members of Xbox Live or PlayStation 3 Network will have the opportunity to download the innovative fantasy football applications for a fee. In addition, for the first time ever, gamers will have the ability to play their fantasy football squad in Madden NFL 09. EA Experts, a team of internal fantasy football gurus, returns and serves as a go-to source for all fantasy football information.

"EA Sports Fantasy Football this year takes fantasy football leagues to the next level," said EA Sports Fantasy Football Executive Producer Jeremy Strauser. "Through our draft day and live scoring applications we have made fantasy football a truly interactive and innovative experience. In addition, we have created integration between our EA Sports Fantasy Football product and Madden NFL 09 which gives the football gamer the complete football gaming experience."

Exclusive to EA Sports Fantasy Football customers, gamers will have the ability to download the EA Sports Fantasy Football Live Draft Tracker application and experience a fantasy draft that includes all of the fanfare and presentation of an authentic professional football draft on their Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3. The days of paper draft boards are over and gamers can view video clips and hear the EA Experts team provide commentary on top players. Moreover, gamers will be able to track their EA Sports Fantasy Football teams and leagues through the EA Sports Fantasy Football Live Score Tracker application, which is also available via download from Xbox Live or PlayStation 3 Network. The fantasy scores can be viewed in two ways: full screen mode with complete rosters and details or picture-in-picture mode which allows gamers to keep an eye on scoring updates while watching live football action.

If you've ever wanted to test your fantasy team against others in the Madden NFL franchise, EA Sports Fantasy Football now gives you the opportunity. Through the website, players designate which fantasy team will be imported into Madden NFL 09. This fantasy team is a fully-functional created team and can be played in all areas available to created teams, including online head-to-head games, providing the ultimate football gaming experience.

Fantasy football better fucking not be the innovative never seen before feature in Fifa09 :(

to be honest i reckon thats what it is because ea always overclaim on new features. the only thing that amazed me about fifa was the next gen leap and now they've done that they won't really try too hard to please us.

If it's "never been done before" then it probably is. And if it is, then what a load of old tosh.

Maybe I'm missing the point but why would someone buy a football game, where you, ya know play the game and shit, and then want to play fantasy football from within it? Boggles the mind, really does.............

Maybe I'm missing the point but why would someone buy a football game, where you, ya know play the game and shit, and then want to play fantasy football from within it? Boggles the mind, really does.............
I think the point is, is that you can play with your fantasy team in the game - so your fantasy team could play someone else's, with both of you actually controlling the teams.

As features go I'm sure it would be fun but to value it so much that you keep it secret and imagine that it's going to blow everybody's mind is just... Wrong. It just means that instead of having to cope with Ronaldo when you play Man Utd and Ronaldinho when you play Barca, now you're going to have to cope with both of them at the same time in the same team. And every team is going to be the same.

Last edited:

but i mean surely the only feature that could really blow our minds is a pin point representaion of football and i know that aint happening anytime soon maybe an online management mode restricted to one league could be a possibility.

I still doubt this would be the feature. remember it wasnt EA who said the feature was revolutionary, it was a reporter so he got excited by this?!

it does not relate well to soccer, because quite honestly the european community has not quite embraced cheap, fun, and proper fantasy leagues for soccer. However as it realted to american football, i can see how ALOT of people would love this feature in madden. Its alot like online master league in a sense...

I think the point is, is that you can play with your fantasy team in the game - so your fantasy team could play someone else's, with both of you actually controlling the teams.

As features go I'm sure it would be fun but to value it so much that you keep it secret and imagine that it's going to blow everybody's mind is just... Wrong. It just means that instead of having to cope with Ronaldo when you play Man Utd and Ronaldinho when you play Barca, now you're going to have to cope with both of them at the same time in the same team. And every team is going to be the same.

see here is where I think you need some info. As for madden I would imgaine as it realtes to american fantasy football. We draft players in league consisting of 12 teams. No one can have the same player. So if i were to play with my fantasy football team against someone in my 12 man fantasy league, then there is no way what your saying could happen, its like online master league. And in fantasy football in certain leagues, you go head to head each week in the fantasy league, and I suppose you could play that person in madden as well and thus you have two leagues, one which requires, skill at drafting, tons of research, and luck. where the other involes gammin skills as well. I think if its done properly like i describe, then it could be a great feature, but just imagine an online master league, with 20 teams, no one having the same players... even greater would be the option to use the default rosters and no draft.. but that would be complicated

That's already in Fifa08, I can use Sheffield Wednesday online against Barcelona or Manchester United.......

they wouldnt put the fantasy football thing in FIFA as there is way too many leagues.

That's already in Fifa08, I can use Sheffield Wednesday online against Barcelona or Manchester United.......

Nah Placebo, fantasy teams are where you take players from every team to form your team. You're given a 'budget' so you can't just take the best players.

they wouldnt put the fantasy football thing in FIFA as there is way too many leagues.

they could limit it to one league... per fantasy season, so for instance, 20 players in a fantasy english premier league... but i doubt this is for FIFA now that ihave thought about it, proper fantasy euro football is not out there yet, at least not cheaply, there was one english website which was very good, but they wanted 1000 pounds per league, which is fucking ridiculous... as its $120 dollars here in the states for an american football league. ANd when i say proper i mean you draft every player, and only you can have that player...

I would love to a do a fantasy premier league draft, that would be so much fun... 18 rounds, only epl players allowed, and maybe a league of 12 teams...

11 starting players, three subs, etc.. scoring system would need to be tweaked, anyways im going waaaaaaaaaaaay off topic

I heard that you would be able to enter the NFL offical fantasy football competition via your 360/PS3 instead of your PC for a fee. Is that not true?

I am talking about the equivlant of the premier league dream team fantasy football competition for example.

Nah Placebo, fantasy teams are where you take players from every team to form your team. You're given a 'budget' so you can't just take the best players.

Sorry, yep I know I was making a sort of joke, for me "fantasy" is using the real Sheffield Wednesday players and playing as Sheffield Wednesday, I don't have any interest in creating a super team of Ronaldo, Beckham, Cech, Puyol, Kaka etc. etc. that was fun in PES but I'm older now, for me now fun is playing with Sheffield Wednesday and the real players in the team, even if they're shit :)

Sorry, yep I know I was making a sort of joke, for me "fantasy" is using the real Sheffield Wednesday players and playing as Sheffield Wednesday, I don't have any interest in creating a super team of Ronaldo, Beckham, Cech, Puyol, Kaka etc. etc. that was fun in PES but I'm older now, for me now fun is playing with Sheffield Wednesday and the real players in the team, even if they're shit :)

Harsh words there, someone won't be happy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom