FIFA 09 Discussion Thread (Old)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: FIFA 09

Back from Download festival where they had an EA hub. Was told a lil info on 09. Be a pro in 09 is gonna be 9 on 9 rather then the 5 on 5 in this years.

Also I've seen the achievements for it. Its got 50. I slighly made a lil video of the achievements, uploading shortly.

They also had Battlefield Bad Company and a new boxing game called Facebreaker running, the latter isn't even due out till later this year.xD

http://forums.xbox.com/20888771/ShowPost.aspx

Yeh I was there. Funny thing? Download festival and no Rock Band! lol

Guitar Hero 3 kicked it though, was awesome.

Thanks for the info mate. But why 9v9 not 10v10? Seems rather strange doesnt it?

The 9vs9 makes me suspicious! But knowing EA its just something they would do. Then next year they can do the same thing and say they have a revolutionary feature....10vs10!

Sorry, yep I know I was making a sort of joke, for me "fantasy" is using the real Sheffield Wednesday players and playing as Sheffield Wednesday, I don't have any interest in creating a super team of Ronaldo, Beckham, Cech, Puyol, Kaka etc. etc. that was fun in PES but I'm older now, for me now fun is playing with Sheffield Wednesday and the real players in the team, even if they're shit :)

nah mate, you still dont get it. You cant end up with a super team(unless your really skilled at drafting), its more like football manager then master league... let me give yoiu an example of round 1 of a fantasy draft

1)ronaldo
2)torres
3)cesc
4)adebayor
5)drogba
6)rooney
7)lampard
8)berbatov
9)keane
10)gerrard

etc.. so that would be round 1 for a ten team fantasy league, you would probably have 14 rounds, the next pick after number 10 would be number 10 to picck again and go backwards towards number 1, so when you get to round 9 or 10 i would imagine you would be drafting a goalie or a avg defender, a 12 team league would probably me a little more realistic.. but i think you get the idea this is nothing like a master league team.. plus its from only one league

I will be happy if its 9v9 but lets wait and see for some official information. Im still expecting 10v10 but whatever plays better without the least amount of lag I will be happy about.

EA's current Pre-E3 schedule doesnt include Madden 09, NHL 09, NBA 09 or more importantly FIFA 09. But the schedule isnt finalised yet and more games may be added so lets hope that it will be there, otherwise we may have to wait till the Games Convention in August.

Well by the looks of it its not worth it if your looking for just FIFA 09. I doubt PES 2009 will be there either.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sorry about that folks. Nick has gone now, hopefully he won't be coming back.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom