FIFA 09 Discussion Thread (Old)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: FIFA 09

How is 10v10 a revolutionary new feature when we've already seen 5v5? To me it's simply more online players rather than something revolutionary........

But they say its a feature which hasnt been in any other game before yet im sure theres tones of games with 10v10 deathmatch etc

As far as I know it hasn't been in any of EA's sports games until this year. So if that one person was correct in saying it's something that we haven't seen in any of "their" titles before, that would be my guess.

Aha, hadn't noticed such PR semantics, I recalled it was more "not seen in any sports game ever" but you could be right :)

Well I'd prefer online manager mode over 10v10, unless they use it as an excuse not to actually improve/fix Fifa08's manager mode which needs serious work.

Lets hope for both an improved/online manager mode and 10v10!

10 vs 10 is pointless.

They need to sort out 5vs 5 first. Then go into 10 vs 10 properly.

Even if you get 10 good people to play with you - the chances of playing with another 10 people that are not going to piss about is not too likely.

There is so much to sort out before they do 10 vs 10

Yep, I totally agree with Bobby. Also, 5v5 was the MOST shambolic and unstable game mode I've ever played.

well they keep banging on and on about nhl 08, it was a good game, not great by any stretch, same with fifa. There nba game was shit compared to 2k8's. In my eyes EA still have a long way to go in all sports titles.. and here is why

1.players in nhl and fifa resemble nothing like there real life counterparts, in terms of movements and overall abilities, see NBS 2k8 for how it should be done. I do think they improved this in EURO.

2.the computer AI is atrocious on FIFA, there is no joy at all in playing the AI.

3.manager mode has so much potential but so many shortcommings, everyone knows about them.

4.Edit mode sucks on both.

5. rosters should be able to be sent between gamers, see 2k sports
and playable online..

6. online leagues need improving, track goal scorers, track assiss, make a season a proper one and not play 1 or 3 times against your oppenent, have online CL style tounrney, online UEFA cup, online FA CUP, etc...

well they keep banging on and on about nhl 08, it was a good game, not great by any stretch, same with fifa. There nba game was shit compared to 2k8's. In my eyes EA still have a long way to go in all sports titles.. and here is why

1.players in nhl and fifa resemble nothing like there real life counterparts, in terms of movements and overall abilities, see NBS 2k8 for how it should be done. I do think they improved this in EURO.

2.the computer AI is atrocious on FIFA, there is no joy at all in playing the AI.

3.manager mode has so much potential but so many shortcommings, everyone knows about them.

4.Edit mode sucks on both.

5. rosters should be able to be sent between gamers, see 2k sports
and playable online..

6. online leagues need improving, track goal scorers, track assiss, make a season a proper one and not play 1 or 3 times against your oppenent, have online CL style tounrney, online UEFA cup, online FA CUP, etc...

I agree with all of that. Especially the online leagues.

Didn't they have an English Guy who was the main person working on 08? it makes it shocking that the 1-3 games online happened and also the fact about playoffs in the Manager mode. Stuff like this is just really sloppy!!

Roster updates in EURO 2008 are great, all numbers are changed and the standard formation is the one they play in real now.
And yes, also for online play.

10 vs 10 is pointless.

They need to sort out 5vs 5 first. Then go into 10 vs 10 properly.

Even if you get 10 good people to play with you - the chances of playing with another 10 people that are not going to piss about is not too likely.

There is so much to sort out before they do 10 vs 10

private games? It's not like you HAVE to have 20 people

The new feature will probably be something like the full league of Krgystan, or some spin off of the celebration mode, like with your own music or something.

Trust me, I can see Peter Moore at the E3 press conference bringing a load of guys on stage with a load of screens behind them playing 5 v 5 NBA Live.

At the end he'll announce this will also be a feature in FIFA 09 allowing 10 v 10 online (PS3 and 360 only)

It could be 10v10 but they said they would have 11v11 for the World Cup 2010 game so I can see it but I doubt it will be the biggie of the whole game....

No they said they wanted 10v10 BY 2010 FIFA World Cup. 11v11 would pose a problem, as said above the goalkeeper controls would be hard to implement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom