FIFA 09 Discussion Thread (Old)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: FIFA 09

Damnit! I pray for the indoor matches from FIFA 98: RTWC to return. :)

benzemafaceuz0.jpg
riberyfacebh4.jpg

fifa3fe3.png

Going from rough scans I've seen, I don't expect textures or model complexity to come anywhere near these pics.

I do expect the likeness to be just as good and for less significant players to atleast look alot more human-like than FIFA 08.

Couldnt stand the indoor matches, thought they were shit. Not enough space and too much animation time. Would think the same would apply for the latest version aswell.

For me very importand thing is model players not faces.I want feel that I play for example Drogba,Rooney etc!All players have to look different.

Last edited:

I wouldve said that if i was playing on last gen. But im expecting big things on current gen so tbh i dont see why we cant have the full monty.

Don't be silly, neither Xbox 360 or PS3 can handle that level of detail!

If you want to see player faces 100% of that detail wait for Xbox 720 and PS4!

well, i am pretty sure those are the game models, only difference i suppose is the difference which is like twice or triple the size in the renders compared to the ingame models.

and i can imagine the ps3 or xbox to be able to handle them - being the level 1 lod you would only see a maximum of 2 or 3 onscreen at a time, in celebration screens or line up sequences - they'd be level of detail model 4 or 5, maybe 1/100 the amount of polygons in the "normal" game cam. you allways have to keep in mind the hardware intensive "game strategy" and "ai movement" and whatever they have in the game do not have to be calculated while the goal celebrations or any other cut scenes are running, so all of the hardware power can go into rendering the models - it's not that unrealistic to see them in the final game, in my opinion.

just had a read of this from nhl 09 which now has be a pro mode aswell

As you progress in the game, you'll be able to purchase attribute points, which you can assign to your player to improve his performance. In addition, at a point further down the line in this mode, you'll earn the chance to get your own hockey card, which will detail your accomplishments through the minors, into the NHL, and on to the ultimate goal of becoming an NHL legend. One cool feature included here is the ability to take screenshots of your own in the game and then use those images for your hockey card

here's the link who knows maybe it will hint at something that may be in fifa 09 i hope the virtual trainer from madden makes it into fifa aswellhttp://uk.gamespot.com/xbox360/sports/nhl09/news.html?sid=6192147&part=rss&tag=gs_previews&subj=6192147

When this game comes out Fifa 08 and Euro 2008 will be useless to loads of people. Im wondering what to do with them, although Id like to keep hold of them for a while because I still play them!.

I could do with knowing what will be the best place to trade Fifa 08 and Euro 2008 for when Fifa 09 comes out as I like many will be trading both in (if the price is decent) for the new Fifa

Did I read somewhere that in a preview look at '09, one journo said there was a feature in FIFA09 that is so revolutionary, it could make FIFA GOTY...

Any ideas on that?

Wonder if it was just ('just'!) the 10 v 10?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom