FIFA 09 Discussion Thread (Old)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: FIFA 09

oh ok then yeah i agree :|

FIFA 08 has that too, Derby play like Brazil and so on

one problem is if they fixed this wouldnt the game be too easy?

No I disagree with you there, sure there's underdog AI logic in Fifa08 but it's beatable if you play a focussed, quick game of football and take your chances, especially scoring early helps to put them in their place. It helps that 90% of the time I'm the underdog anyway (I play only as Sheffield Wednesday with default players), but even in the cup against half * opponents I can beat them if I focus and play to my team's strengths (this is on semi-pro).

BTW this was essentially the same post that Tim cruelly and viciously deleted yesterday ;)

it's true what you say about fifa placebo even though it can be annoying at the underdog ai logic does make you think about what your but euro 2008 is a different kettle of fish i sometimes have to resort to fouling to break up their plays .

I wonder if there's a team sports game out there (released on a recent console, I'm not talking about the Amiga days etc.) where the CPU play is perfectly implemented? Where playing poor teams means an easy win and playing great teams means a loss because they play an intelligent, tactical game without resorting to glitches, cheats or superhuman abilities? Serious question. Perhaps it's just too hard to do, perhaps technology just isn't advanced enough yet to make eleven seperate players play like their human counterparts.

i hate to beat a dead horse but YES. NBA 2k8 my brother!

it's true what you say about fifa placebo even though it can be annoying at the underdog ai logic does make you think about what your but euro 2008 is a different kettle of fish i sometimes have to resort to fouling to break up their plays .

I just played Southend in the FA Cup, they're * I'm ***, beat them 5-0, got an early goal (20 yarder from Baning, great signing), then after that made sure to concentrate and not let them get away with anything near my box, then scored another 4 goals essentially by counter attacking :)

I just played Southend in the FA Cup, they're * I'm ***, beat them 5-0, got an early goal (20 yarder from Baning, great signing), then after that made sure to concentrate and not let them get away with anything near my box, then scored another 4 goals essentially by counter attacking :)

you fucking suck at fifa! OWNZZZZZZZ ,LOL.. ;)

yeah but what difficulty do you play? :|

I always used Man Utd on FIFA 08 on the hardest difficulty and i had hard time playing against the likes of Derby, it was really hard to break the poor teams down and they were able to play unbelievably good passing game

i did win the league though :| (on the last day)

i never seem to have easy games which is abit annoying so i guess yeah i agree with you on most of the things you said. i just dont want a game where i score 4-5 goals every game

yeah but what difficulty do you play? :|

Oh thought I'd covered it in the past? I play on semi-pro, I quickly found that by building up a superstar team (such as you have with Manchester Utd) I could compete fairly well with World Class/Legendary, but then the AI "cheats" just got too tedious, so instead I play all on manual controls (except shooting on semi) and I play only with Sheffield Wednesday's default squad, improved only by coaching, with a couple of free transfer signings thrown in (never higher than low 70s mind), I find this keeps the game competitive on semi-pro and as I'm generally the underdog there's none of the crappy AI logic kicking in........

The problem in Euro2008 isn't just that the minnows are unrealistically hard....it's that they're actually much harder than the likes of Holland, Italy and Spain. I've won the the trophy on world class level with France and I've actually thumped Holland 4-0 with Scotland on the 2nd hardest level. On both occasions the toughest game I played on the way to the trophy was the Faeroe islands. There were huge spells of the game where I simply couldn't get the ball.

any news about fifa 09 for pc? when will it be released, will it feature improved graphics, what about system requirements, etc...?

From what we know so far MadbaLL id imagine the game will come out the same as always (late September) and the PC version will have the next gen graphics engine (we hope thats correct). However the PC version's gameplay will be from the Last Gen version.

I actually understand why he just asks the question, rather than reading through the 37 pages here. It's so much off-topic and discussions of unrelated stuff. I think we should keep this thread to news about Fifa 09 (Not 08 or Euro). Thank You. There I had my say.

i see you're quite the chessmaster:SMOKIN:

I actually understand why he just asks the question, rather than reading through the 37 pages here. It's so much off-topic and discussions of unrelated stuff. I think we should keep this thread to news about Fifa 09 (Not 08 or Euro). Thank You. There I had my say.

I know what your saying with that Placebo but for a guy who has just see the thread who doesnt want to trawl through loads of bullshit 1st I can understand him asking.

Hope my answer was sufficient.

I'm sorry but if someone can't even be bothered to do a very easy thread search of "PC AND graphics" then why waste time answering the same question? I just searched PC AND graphics and the answer was there in the first page of results a few times over........

From what we know so far MadbaLL id imagine the game will come out the same as always (late September) and the PC version will have the next gen graphics engine (we hope thats correct). However the PC version's gameplay will be from the Last Gen version.

thanks for the feedback ;))

these are quite good news, i hope that fifa 09 will be at least much better than 08, which i find the worst fifa ever...

will they improve motion capture? it was funny to see how players who don't have ball run on the pitch in fifa 08...

Fifa08 is the worst Fifa ever? Ok you just lost all credibility, that or you don't have a next gen console......
He posted in the PC PES 2008 downloads area earlier, someone who still plays that game obviously doesn't know enough about football to appreciate a simulation type football game ;).

I find it funny how PC gamers will just disregard FIFA as rubbish now just because their PC doesn't get the proper version, and this year the console versions will be superior again.

I'm sorry but if someone can't even be bothered to do a very easy thread search of "PC AND graphics" then why waste time answering the same question? I just searched PC AND graphics and the answer was there in the first page of results a few times over........
Man it's so sexual when you're like this. Hence my long-standing sig.

Man it's so sexual when you're like this. Hence my long-standing sig.

LOL I forgot all about that line! I turned sigs off a long time ago as silly ManUtd/Arsenal fans tend to like to spoil football scores by posting news of their latest win in their signature, like nobody else in the world would know that they'd won ;)

I would like to see in Fifa 09:

1.Pressing!
2.Better models of players(I want feel that I play for example Ronaldo)
3.Better cotrol of palyer without ball(now its terrible).
4.I want choose stadiums when I play online! weather too!
5.Faster reaction players!
6.Referees,linesmans
7.More fauls!
8.More free kicks!
9.Better nets when shot a goals!!!! more realistic(Pes 6 ps2 or Pc)
10.Better supporters.
11.Different run of pleyers!
Thats all:DD

When I will see it a said Fifa 09 is the best Football game!

Last edited:

Fifa08 is the worst Fifa ever? Ok you just lost all credibility, that or you don't have a next gen console......

i'm playing games on PC... all the games... i don't have next gen consoles... i only speak about PC games! and fifa 08 for PC is the worst fifa game for PC ever...

I want to see decent AI, them playing in a realistic fashion! I would also like to see better response times, more movement directions and also a refined shooting model. From the looks of things the player appearances are looking better....

i'm playing games on PC... all the games... i don't have next gen consoles... i only speak about PC games! and fifa 08 for PC is the worst fifa game for PC ever...

Worse than Fifa07? Worse than Fifa06? Worse than Fifa05? Worse than Fifa04? Worse than Fifa03? Worse than Fifa02? Worse than Fifa01? Worse than Fifa00? Worse than Fifa99? Worse than Fifa98? Worse than Fifa97? Worse than Fifa96? Worse than Fifa95? Worse than Fifa94?

I find it hard to believe it's the worst ever, but then that's what you get for playing sports games on PC, PC is for shooters/RPG/strategy games/adventure games, consoles are for sports games :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom