FIFA 09 Discussion Thread (Old)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: FIFA 09

Worse than Fifa07? Worse than Fifa06? Worse than Fifa05? Worse than Fifa04? Worse than Fifa03? Worse than Fifa02? Worse than Fifa01? Worse than Fifa00? Worse than Fifa99? Worse than Fifa98? Worse than Fifa97? Worse than Fifa96? Worse than Fifa95? Worse than Fifa94?

I find it hard to believe it's the worst ever, but then that's what you get for playing sports games on PC, PC is for shooters/RPG/strategy games/adventure games, consoles are for sports games :)

yup, the worst fifa for PC ever... the best ones were fifa 98, 99, 2001, 2003 and 2006.

and let's stop with this... i asked about some infos regarding fifa 09 for PC and not to argue with you about fifa games.

yup, the worst fifa for PC ever... the best ones were fifa 98, 99, 2001, 2003 and 2006.

and let's stop with this... i asked about some infos regarding fifa 09 for PC and not to argue with you about fifa games.

what did you want to know bruva

what did you want to know bruva

well, i don't know what kind of infos are available at this point of time...

but i would like to know if there is gonna be some graphic, gameplay and motion capture improvements in fifa 09 for PC, some infos regarindg system requirements and possible date of release. :))

there's not much on release dates or spec requirements at the moment but here some fo the images that have been posted and the info that we know so far hope it helps:BYE:
UPM102.fifa.pc1--screenshot_viewer_medium.jpg

UPM102.fifa.pc3--screenshot_viewer_medium.jpg

UPM102.fifa.pc2--screenshot_viewer_medium.jpg

The british print magazine GamesMaster collected some nice facts about the PC version of FIFA 09 from EA Sports. We summarized all those information for you including three new pictures:

:: Graphics ::

The PC-version of FIFA 09 is developed by the same team as the PS2-version

The graphics are bases on the same, well known technology, but were severally reworked in some parts for the FIFA 09 edition. The alert eye will become apparent more realistic player models and kits with a better shade and texture resolution, player faces seem even nicer by the way.

The stadiums and the environment around the field looks disappointing and was not improved. The crowds remain a pathetic bunch of blurry two dimensional pixels, as well as the photographers around the field, they look like they were made of paperboard instead as real humans.

:: Gameplay ::

New features on the gameplay: Beside of a Gamepad/Controller you can now use the keyboard together with the mouse for more direct and fully free passing. In general and compared to FIFA 08 there were only slight gameplay changes.

Result:

Better player models and nicer grass bring a little “NextGen” flair to the PC version, but even this measures cannot spoofs an graphic engine from the technological stone age. The undetailed and boring looking crowds in the stadium and the two dimensional photographers around the field disturb the new look. The most important aspect of a football simulation, the gameplay, was only a little improved, but the more realistic gameplay is only available on consoles.

i had more info but can't seem to find it at the moment

Last edited:

Played FIFA 08 after ages at a friend's place. The gameplay and the speed is just perfect. My biggest complain, however, is still that all the players are a bit too same. They all seem to have the same attributes, just different appearances. If I play with Liverpool, I want Alonso to stay back, collect the ball from defense, and then spread the ball around (and it seems very difficult for me to spread the play, though it maybe just due to the fact that I've been playing after such a while). I want Mascherano to roam around midfield, trying to win the ball back, I want Torres to stay up, and always make the runs behind the defense, and I want Gerrard to have a free role, get the ball in dangerous positions, and release the ball for Torres (also found it very difficult to put through players), and I want Torres to have the ability to skin players by pure pace. All the players just seem to play a bit same.

Also, I would like a bit more tactical options. Changing the player's roles, their exact positions on the field, their attacking runs, and a few more strategies, just such changing sides, switching between different formations in game etc.

Oh, and the Liverpool faces are AWFUL.

Fix these things, and I'll be happy.

i think they are working on player sizes and shapes. hope they also fine tune the gameplay as well

I have heard rumours that a new feature could be FIFA TV

so you can watch people play (see their tactics and it gives you their weaknesses and strengths etc to examine the top ranked players)

kind of like the madden 09 feature but way more advanved

I have heard rumours that a new feature could be FIFA TV

so you can watch people play (see their tactics and it gives you their weaknesses and strengths etc to examine the top ranked players)

kind of like the madden 09 feature but way more advanved

thats what i have been talking about for ages, thats like an advanced spectator mode and would welcome that feature

where did you hear this?

why would anyone want that :?

i would rather play the game then watch it tbh with you :|

who the fuck is gonna be sad enough to sit there and watch other people play :?

thats what i have been talking about for ages, thats like an advanced spectator mode and would welcome that feature

where did you hear this?

someone who works for ea and on fifa 08 (don't know if on 09) (Yahoo Messenger) but he could say anything and I would post it here lol as he knows more about the game than I ever will (until launch date I just want some info (I am prepared to go to leipzig lol with camcorder and everything just to get my hands on it for an hour or so a day :)

why would anyone want that :?

i would rather play the game then watch it tbh with you :|

who the fuck is gonna be sad enough to sit there and watch other people play :?

Don't ask me lol just what I heard the point is I guess they have the same Idea as gotham tv

you watch it to learn from the top ranked players in the world see their strengths/weaknesses/formation build your game up to their level

I would guess that is the idea its not about been the be all and end all but having a useful feature

it would also be good for online tournaments... for forums etc as some people may want to see the final

all I am saying is I like it because its there for people who want to use it

I don't ever play manager mode but its there for the people that crave it and thats what sports games should have (modes wise)

things for everyone:)

Still waiting on that "revolutionary" feature to get leaked, don't get me wrong its not as if its nothing special i wont be that i dont get the game cause im sure the game will be very good, but it could be even better if the feature truly is as good as their saying it is.

If it takes up much needed Disk space then i hope its not included

I wouldnt mind it being a post-launch downloadable content (i wont download it mind you :| never used GOTHAM TV either)

seems abit pointless thats why they shouldnt sacrifice ANYTHING to include that TV feature

well I have definetly decided to go to Leipzig who else is going lol ?

and yes I am only going for fifa (but hey there will be other games to try out

I've been playing CYC on euro 2008 constantly (Best AI ever but far from perfect) and I have NEVER seen an AI player make a skill move. Never. The only moves the AI make that looks like skill moves are regular moves that looks more advanced for players with good values. I'm not looking for fifa street here but come on, every game in real life has at least some step overs and body feints... This and the lack of tackles made by the AI almost ruins the experience for me. They need to implement some sort of drag handles option where you can choose this kind of stuff, kind of like in NHL 08 where you can set a bunch of options on how the game should behave.

Be a pro season in 09 sounds awesome because I never play regular singleplayer anymore because of the shitty AI in your own team when not playing BAP (In PES it was the opposite, you couldn't play fixed because the AI sucked but it was quite helpful in regular single player). Cant wait for 09, I love how EA SPORTS have stepped up and finally release proper games.

I've been playing CYC on euro 2008 constantly (Best AI ever but far from perfect) and I have NEVER seen an AI player make a skill move. Never. The only moves the AI make that looks like skill moves are regular moves that looks more advanced for players with good values. I'm not looking for fifa street here but come on, every game in real life has at least some step overs and body feints... This and the lack of tackles made by the AI almost ruins the experience for me. They need to implement some sort of drag handles option where you can choose this kind of stuff, kind of like in NHL 08 where you can set a bunch of options on how the game should behave.

Be a pro season in 09 sounds awesome because I never play regular singleplayer anymore because of the shitty AI in your own team when not playing BAP (In PES it was the opposite, you couldn't play fixed because the AI sucked but it was quite helpful in regular single player). Cant wait for 09, I love how EA SPORTS have stepped up and finally release proper games.

I agree on the comment about being fixed in PES, the AI was horrible. However, in last WE made, there was the Fantastista mode which was BAP and the AI was not half bad, not great, but at least it understand and played and when you called for the ball was able to pass it to you. That mode had longevity and I think I played till i was world player of the year. So with that in mind, I really excited about BAP for fifa 09, I find it to be the best single player mode, and I hope the AI in it does not disappoint (i just wish it was longer than 4 seasons, as I played the WE one for like 7)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom